PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Yes. Great pick up.
Not sold on Hicks unless they use him as a part-timer to reduce the risk of injuries. Veta is a part-timer, Gholston is a part-timer, and Hall as a rookie is likely a part-timer. They have no 3 down defensive linemen, so it tells me that they'll sign another DL. Suh there's still a chance.

Last edited:
Aaron Donald must be holding out for the contract of all contracts because he’s openly talking about being fine with retiring.

Defensive lineman Akiem Hicks’ one-year deal with the Bucs is worth $6.5 million, plus another $1.5 million in per-game roster bonuses. So $8 million if he plays a full season, plus another $2 million in incentives.

Akiem Hicks has $2 million in incentives with the Bucs this season: $250k for each playoff win, another $500k for making the Pro Bowl and $500k for making first-team All-Pro.

Akiem Hicks’ contract with Bucs is for one year, but thanks to use of four void years, his 2022 salary cap hit works out to just $2.39 million. If he plays more than nine games, cap hit can end up being up to $700k higher.

Most of the incentives are deemed not likely to be earned so they don’t count until he achieves them.

Looks like a contract set-up to minimize the cap to allow the Bucs to do more shopping.

Yeah...

They need to keep enough for Gronk money, rookie money, and injury money, and it's smart to also keep some "Hey, this guy sprang free!" money, too.

Aaron Rodgers nails a birdie putt on 12 and he and Tom Brady get the win over Patrick Mahomes and Josh Allen. It's Brady's first win in three tries on "The Match."

Tom Brady earned a record-shattering $9.5 million in NFLPA-negotiated deals

Don't know how they determine someone's earnings mid year but Brady is #9 worldwide, and #1 for the NFL at 84 million.

Pretty impressive since he's something like the 15th highest paid QB.

Rodgers must be crying, even after a record setting salary, he's still behind Brady.

It's incredible how Brady's endorsement earnings have sky rocketed since leaving the Patriots. It would be nice if some reporter went into the details of how that came about.

Not sold on Hicks unless they use him as a part-timer to reduce the risk of injuries. Veta is a part-timer, Gholston is a part-timer, and Hall as a rookie is likely a part-timer. They have no 3 down defensive linemen, so it tells me that they'll sign another DL. Suh there's still a chance.
I thought the Bucs tend to always rotate D-line players. So in essence they are part time players by scheme.

“You know at this stage, it’s like 55 percent yes and 45 percent no,” Brady following last night’s vanity golf match, via Rick Stroud of the Tampa Bay Times. “That’s just the reality. It’s not that I’m not 100-percent committed, it’s just as soon as I make the commitment to do it, it’s like ‘Ugh. All right, here we go.’ It’s like running a marathon. You can’t decide two weeks before the marathon, ‘Hey, I’m going to start running.’ We got right to free agency and I felt some pressure to do it and talked to the team and organization and it all worked out.”

Tom Brady: 55 percent "yes" and 45 percent "no" to keep playing - ProFootballTalk

I thought the Bucs tend to always rotate D-line players. So in essence they are part time players by scheme.
Suh played 700 and something snaps which is the lowest in his career but still the most out of the interior lineman. He has always been a 3 down lineman but his snaps has been decreased gradually the last few years.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back