PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Wow. This is a big get. And I think Belichick would outright say he was one of those players he regrets letting get away. Though apparently he wanted to go play in Chicago because that’s where he was from. We did win 2 Super Bowls in the next 3 years though so I can’t say it really screwed us but yeah not resigning him was a loss.

Thing about Suh is he doesn't miss games and comes up big in important games.

That's a big pickup for the Bucs. Hicks is a guy we should have never let get away.

The addition of Hicks should really put an end to any chance of Suh returning. Solid rotation in place now with Vea, Gholston, Hicks, Logan Hall, Rakeem Nunez-Roches as the top five.

I'm not sure how I feel about this.

Bucs still have room to sign Gronkowski. Let's say Hicks deal is for $7 million without incentives -- that's a $1.1 million base salary, plus a $5.9m bonus, but if you tack on 3-4 voidable years, his 2022 cap number is closer to $3 million. Still plenty of room to add Gronk.

I see the laughing troll just can't quit here

The Bucs haven't announced any move beyond Todd Bowles saying today that WR Travis Jonsen was no longer with the team, but he's listed as being waived in the league's daily transactions release today.

Thing about Suh is he doesn't miss games and comes up big in important games.
They should still get Suh if he's willing to play for 5 mil. But that's the thing, is Suh holding out for someone to pay him 10 mil? Or were the Bucs just wanting to move on period?

Hicks is a great pick up he had a higher rated grade than Sub
If he stays healthy. He's missed a good amount of games the past 3 seasons. Suh was always available

If he stays healthy. He's missed a good amount of games the past 3 seasons. Suh was always available
I think Suh would have been better if he didn't play so many snaps. Should have been about 50%, heck Vea is much younger and he plays for that amount of snaps.

Due to the injury concerns, Hicks shouldn't be playing more than 50% either. There is still room on the Bucs for Suh as a part-time starter.

Bucs weren't quite all in last year, such as drafting Trask in the 2nd round and not adding any additional stars. Thus, they were in trouble when the injury bug hit.

The team that beat them, the Rams, were Truly The Team that went all in. Went out and got Stafford, Beckham, and Von Miller. Bucs need to go all in 2022, not pretend they were like in 2021.

If Bucs learned anything from last year, is you can't have enough good players. Go and get Gronk, Suh, another veteran Edge guy, and maybe a veteran WR(Julio Jones maybe- Godwin might not be back until November).

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back