PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

For first time in training camp, rookie Luke Goedeke is working as the first-team left guard today. Stinnie at LG on second line, Walton at RG.

Bucs corner Zyon McCollum has his left hamstring iced at practice, so I’d think he’s now out for Saturday.

Bucs tackle Tristan Wirfs comes off the field with a trainer, looked like an injury to ribs/abdomen.

Carl Nassib jumping right in with Bucs. With Shaq Barrett taking a veteran day today, Nassib is working with the starters opposite Joe Tryon-Shoyinka.

Simms still fighting the good fight lol

Last edited:
Is this a choose someone for one game, one season, or indefinitely question?

Is this a choose someone for one game, one season, or indefinitely question?

Doesn’t matter I’m going Brady till the wheels fall off and even than he can be my QB till he says he’s done

The Bucs will take it. Their schedule just got easier.

Yup after a bye vs Brisette is an easy win just stop the run double Cooper and they don’t get pasted 15 points

Simms still fighting the good fight lol

To be fair, he did put Burrow above Rodgers, too. So this was general insanity, as opposed to a Brady induced psychosis.

Reactions: sb1
Isn't amazing though that there's even a question about who would you take between the two? A young elite quarterback or a 45 year old quarterback. That 45 year old must be something special to be in that conversation don't you think?

No word on how long Tristan Wirfs might be sidelined, but he sustained a strained oblique in practice today during joint workouts with Titans.

Brady must have banged his GF while he was at Foxboro
Simms has always disrespected Brady.

You'd think he'd cheer him on more after he joined the Bucs since he played for them too. It's weird though. He never talks about playing for the Bucs and no one from the Bucs including fans ever talk about him.

And while we're on the subject of QBs I must say I've been a little impressed with Stidham. He sure as heck looks better than Cant Newton did.

Personally, I hope they do work things out, for the kid's sake if nothing else.

I'm not sure it adds up to a good year for him. The ol' Tom wanted every snap at practice. The current Tom in the last six months retired, unretired, presumably helped Arians get booted, negotiated with Miami (again), negotiated for his next job with Fox and took ten days off in the middle of training camp.

Last year's Tom pouted a lot and showed there are limits to trying to pull it out of your ass at the last minute. This year's Tom won't have Gronk to help him. Feels to me like he's gonna just go through the motions and move on to his next job.
Nah he might have pouted a little in 2021 mainly due to all the injuries and AB going insane again but nothing compared to his last year in NE. There were no talent in the offensive skill positions and Brady threw the ball away a ton as no one could get open and there wasn't anyone he got trust. In addition, it had become obvious that Giselle wanted to move on from NE especially when Brady hit his 40s.

The main difference in 2022 from 2019, is the Bucs are trying everything they can to protect Brady and give him talented guys to throw to. The 2019 Pats did squat to improve the offense. With that elite defense, they probably would have been favored to win the SB if they tried to get actual offensive talent instead of shopping at the bottom of the bargain bin.

Ultimately, they used the excuse of a salary cap to throw their 2019 SB chances away.

If you have a veteran team and you have a SB window, you go for it by grabbing key veteran talented players. You'd likely have to trade away draft picks and push the cap out. The Bucs and the Rams have done that.

The 2019 Pats were in that very same situation where they were a very good veteran team on their last leg for a SB run,... and they did nothing.

They were worried about taking away from the future,.. even though the writing was on the wall that it was time to rebuild ( due to 5 years or so of bad drafting). Even though, once you start rebuilding, it's at least a few years, but could last 5, 10, or more years. Once the rebuild starts, no one knows when a team will be a SB contender again. So it's a shame that the Pats took the 2019 season for granted.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back