PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2022 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

What is he even mad about at the moment, is he actually trying to get back in the league but no one wants him for obvious reasons?
He's trying to push the narrative that the Bucs screwed him over due to his ankle injury. But he's yet to get surgery on it lmao

You’re a nerd on an internet message board, a component of the internet that only continues to slowly die out, just like all of us so stop pretending to be above it all.

OK, I'll stop pretending. But I will have you know that I am NOT a nerd. In fact, my selfless altruism has been recognized by none other than this website's founder, as documented below.

Ombudsman_Appreciation_Certificate.jpg

Then why are his team mates are praying for him?

Something doesn't add up.
I think it will all work out for this year. I think resting the 45 year old arm and not adding mileage to it is a good thing.

If there's marital problems, the vacay can help with a truce until after the football season. Unsure if it will hold up after that but Brady will likely be retired so it doesn't really effect anybody except those close to them.

I think it will all work out for this year. I think resting the 45 year old arm and not adding mileage to it is a good thing.

If there's marital problems, the vacay can help with a truce until after the football season. Unsure if it will hold up after that but Brady will likely be retired so it doesn't really effect anybody except those close to them.
Personally, I hope they do work things out, for the kid's sake if nothing else.

I'm not sure it adds up to a good year for him. The ol' Tom wanted every snap at practice. The current Tom in the last six months retired, unretired, presumably helped Arians get booted, negotiated with Miami (again), negotiated for his next job with Fox and took ten days off in the middle of training camp.

Last year's Tom pouted a lot and showed there are limits to trying to pull it out of your ass at the last minute. This year's Tom won't have Gronk to help him. Feels to me like he's gonna just go through the motions and move on to his next job.

I'm not sure it adds up to a good year for him. The ol' Tom wanted every snap at practice. The current Tom in the last six months retired, unretired, presumably helped Arians get booted, negotiated with Miami (again), negotiated for his next job with Fox and took ten days off in the middle of training camp.

Last year's Tom pouted a lot and showed there are limits to trying to pull it out of your ass at the last minute. This year's Tom won't have Gronk to help him. Feels to me like he's gonna just go through the motions and move on to his next job.
Last years Tom led the the league in yards and touchdowns with a depleted team. Only a handful of teams advanced as far as the Bucs did. He is going to be 45 though. I think any decline in play will have more to do with that than just going through the motions....and Brady wants out on top i think.

Then why are his team mates are praying for him?

Something doesn't add up.
I think they are just saying that to maintain the facade that it is a personal issue going on.

Saturday's Bucs-Titans preseason game in Nashville will be shown live on NFL Network as one of eight games on their schedule this weekend.

The NFL is shameless for 11 freaking games but hey Watson is still just out for the Bucs game.

Last years Tom led the the league in yards and touchdowns with a depleted team. Only a handful of teams advanced as far as the Bucs did. He is going to be 45 though. I think any decline in play will have more to do with that than just going through the motions....and Brady wants out on top i think.
Skipping ten days of work just as the team is trying to gel is IMO not a great way to end up on top. It's just not consistent with how maniacal he was about practices in the past. This is the guy who insists everyone on the field with him is thinking the same way he is, yet he's not putting in the work to help make that happen.

I think they are just saying that to maintain the facade that it is a personal issue going on.
Pray for Tom and his family so that they don't end up sunburned? Seems pretty cynical to me.

Brady never retired or said that he was retiring. He said that he was going to play until he's 45 and here he is, playing at 45. Pretty well too.

If Brady 'goes through the motions' on the field it will be his first time ever.

Letting Tom Brady go for nothing and with nobody to replace him was the biggest blunder in the history of Boston sports.

Brady never retired or said that he was retiring. He said that he was going to play until he's 45 and here he is, playing at 45. Pretty well too.

If Brady 'goes through the motions' on the field it will be his first time ever.

Letting Tom Brady go for nothing and with nobody to replace him was the biggest blunder in the history of Boston sports.

Well Babe Ruth still looms large.

The NFL is shameless for 11 freaking games but hey Watson is still just out for the Bucs game.
It's 28 games. He was essentially suspended with pay last season

It's 28 games. He was essentially suspended with pay last season

No he sat himself out, he told the Texans he wanted a trade and that he wouldn’t play for them anymore BEFORE the allegations came out. Don’t rewrite history.

Yeah I was expecting the explanation to be some previously planned vacation by Giselle to Costa Rica or Italy but I think we’d have evidence of that by now even if it was just paparazzi photos. So either it DOES involve family health issues despite a couple reputable reporters saying that they hear it doesn’t or it’s his wife making an issue about something.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back