PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official 2022 NFL Draft Thread: Day 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dog is in Bill's draft chair again making picks.

No this is much worse because a no name out of FCS can surprise us and be an immediate improvement for a team at a position like safety. It is possible. And Pats pulled it off

An FCS guard will not be freaking noticed. Pats didn’t get better since last season ended. He might be fine next year. Cool. WE TRADED SHAQ MASON FOR A 5th. He will not be better then Shaq. This stiff doesn’t help us in any important way.

Just wtf, no offense to Strange, he might be really good, but there was no need to take him at 29. He would of been available at 54. This team is no better after day 1of the draft unless this kid outperforms Mason from day 1.
you do not know that

Such a rough pick. Especially with guys like Karlaftis and Hill still available. No problem with the player, just a problem with the spot and the need. Oof. Sure hope all these extra picks lead to a big day tomorrow.

Not just ESPN. BCG here had him as a 3rd rounder. Obviously we hope he works out and appears to be a decent enough prospect, but over Dean? Over Hill? Over Travis Jones?
I like the player but as many have said not at 29

I’d be lying if I said I even heard of the guy. And ESPN was no help. They had *nothing* on him. They said he originally committed to the Naval Academy then went to Chattanooga, then went straight to KC’s pick.

NFL Network did the same thing, except that they had a pretty much unison <gasp> at the pick, which they didn't do for any other pick in the 1st round. They were surprised by the pick.

What nickname will Captain Stone come up with Cole Strange? With a name like that no sobriquet needed.

Nobody got anything on this guy because he is a nobody and won’t be an impact player anytime soon. I don’t expect to see much of this guy this upcoming season.

Kraft needs to hire a real gm. BB coach/GM hasn’t worked out in a long time.

This is worse than Mankins by far!

Don’t let the door hit your ass on the way out

It's a dubious pick that at least on other NFL team is openly laughing about. I think we can excuse Patriots fans for quick posts of disappointment.

This is Kraft’s fault. Total negligence, they have the power to stop Bill from going full Bill and they allowed this obviously terrible pick to happen.

We go 0-4 against the Bills and Dolphins.

To justify it at 29 he needs to be on thuney and masons level.
NOBODY WAS TAKING HIM UNTIL THE THIRD ROUND.

This is no longer funny, how many times are the first words after the puck are “who?”

Awful pick, they Picked a third rounder at best in the first round.

So many decent defensive players still available, and they take a stiff that nobody has ever heard of.

I'm surprised as anyone by the pick, what else is new,plenty of picks left though.

Still dont get it. We finally had a great draft last year after a few down ones mostly by just doing the obvious thing... take a quality QB prospect who fell to 15 , trading up for a high DL prospect that somehow fell to Rd 2. Trading back this year ended up being a great choice but just don't get the pick with all the other talent at obvious areas of need that again fell right to us. Hopefully we can fill 2-3 more big needs with the additional picks

Pretty sure we had this guy in all our 3rd/4th round mocks. We could have traded back 45 more times and still got “our guy”.. Heck we could have put N’Keal Harry on a 25,000 calorie/day diet and turn him into a pulling guard. Oh well, at least we have the annual 2nd round DB (who’s that again?) to look forward to…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down