PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS TRAINING CAMP ****** Official 2021 Training Camp Thread ******

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Stiddy doesn't get off the PUP by pre-season week 1....he's toast, IMO.

Much like Marty Mcfly, Stidham's slowly starting to disappear from that photo.
I mean… he didn’t pounce on a chance to distinguish himself last season and now this ? His best bet - I thought - was for Mac to become the starter & NE decide that Cam needn’t be on the bench after so many years of starting. But this is not going to work in his favour…

"Three of the Patriots’ eight draft picks may not be on the field to start training camp. On Wednesday, the team placed running back Rhamondre Stevenson, linebacker Cameron McGrone, and safety Joshuah Bledsoe on the NFL’s non-football injury (NFI) list."

I mean… he didn’t pounce on a chance to distinguish himself last season and now this ? His best bet - I thought - was for Mac to become the starter & NE decide that Cam needn’t be on the bench after so many years of starting. But this is not going to work in his favour…
Yep. I'd say he may be outright gone -- Jones, Cam, Hoyer. No need/room for him.

Last edited:
Yep. I'd say he may be outright gone -- Jones, Cam, Homer. No need/room for him.
I never thought he’d be Steve Young. But I really thought he’d be “more than this”. Sure, he’s young, but that game Hoyer was chosen to start for Cam was telling imo…. And in what could (should ?) be his last shot, he’s starting on the PUP ? Oof.

Gilmore “Stiddy. How can I make money AND hold out ?”

Stidham “have a seat, chum. I’ve got the solution…”

The Gilly/PUP designation is fascinating

I never thought he’d be Steve Young. But I really thought he’d be “more than this”. Sure, he’s young, but that game Hoyer was chosen to start for Cam was telling imo…. And in what could (should ?) be his last shot, he’s starting on the PUP ? Oof.
Pup could be a day or a season. Need more info to know if it even matters.

Pup could be a day or a season. Need more info to know if it even matters.
But you can agree that this is absolutely NOT what a player like Stidham needs at this critical junction of his Patriots career, yes ?

Sure, he might be active a week from now, but while there is little actual football to discuss, it stands out iMO.

But you can agree that this is absolutely NOT what a player like Stidham needs at this critical junction of his Patriots career, yes ?

Sure, he might be active a week from now, but while there is little actual football to discuss, it stands out iMO.
He was active in the off-season West Coast workouts, right? So what’s it about? Could it be he tested positive for Covid? Or maybe is being redshirted?

Which means he didn't pass or has not taken the physical.
Probably but players with minor injuries go on pup also until they can take the field.
In his case they won’t push him into practice and off pup until he is 100%. I would have been shocked if he was 100% in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back