PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Draft - Day 3 Discussion Thread

We have not taken any cornerbacks today.

what is bb’s plan for extending the existing guys?
Think they're sticking around this year, almost certainly now. I expect a Gilmore extension, at least.

Same with Wynn's option, since no high OT picks.

And who do you see on the board who would play over those five guys?

Nobody available which is why I'm for getting an offensive tackle or offensive guard/center on Day3. I think Meyers is underrated here and Bourne is solid and Agholor could be good. And we should also have a heavy dose of the 2 TE attack. So I don't see the point of going for a WR5 who will barely play anyways.

Nobody available which is why I'm for getting an offensive tackle or offensive guard/center on Day3. I think Meyers is underrated here and Bourne is solid and Agholor could be good. And we should also have a heavy dose of the 2 TE attack. So I don't see the point of going for a WR5 who will barely play anyways.

That makes sense to me, too. Simply not enough targets on a run-heavy team. Next year will probably be the right time to target another wide receiver, although I'm not opposed to taking a raw athlete late and training him up for next season. Maybe Imatorbhebhe or someone with a slight chance of developing into an X (Terry, Fehoko, Camp, Grimes, etc).

Shi Smith, Tamorrion Terry, Cade Johnson, Sage Surratt and Marquez Stevenson are all still available and worth a late round pick.

Also still out there:

DJ Daniel CB
Adrian Ealy OT
Deonte Brown OG
David Moore OG
Chris Evans RB
BEN MASON FB

Last edited:
After free agency I think we have 5 legit pass catchers now? Agholor, Meyers, Bourne, Smith, Henry. That's 5 not counting 5 OLinemen, a QB, and RB so 12 quality players for 11 spots. Not sure if WR is a need anymore. Meyers is a 1200 yard receiver if he started all year. Bourne is a route technician. Agholor has speed. Smith and Henry for the 2TE and middle of the field and play action. Seems like our biggest need is OLine ? Wynn is unreliable and Karras may not the long term guy either

I still like Simi Fehoko as their red shirt unicorn WR. Houston (after taking Mills) passed on him just now. He should be there in another 5 picks.

That makes sense to me, too. Simply not enough targets on a run-heavy team. Next year will probably be the right time to target another wide receiver, although I'm not opposed to taking a raw athlete late and training him up for next season. Maybe Imatorbhebhe or someone with a slight chance of developing into an X (Terry, Fehoko, Camp, Grimes, etc).

so many receivers still . any of your DBs left?

Gotta be OL here, no?

Shi Smith, Tamorrion Terry, Cade Johnson, Sage Surratt and Marquez Stevenson are all still available and worth a late round pick.

Also still out there:

DJ Daniel CB
Adrian Ealy OT
Deonte Brown OG
David Moore OG
Chris Evans RB
BEN MASON FB

I’d like to see them package their two 6ths for a mid 5th. With so few roster spots left they should go for quality over quantity.
I was going to say in my thread, use 197 + 242 I believe they are and grab someone. Lots of talent left worth taking a shot on. Shi Smith should be gone.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back