PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Draft - Day 3 Discussion Thread

BB is in his bag this draft 11-6 here we come!!

There we go, Cameron McGrone . He's a good fit for the Pats.
6'0 7/8 and 231.. that's undersized for the Pats ILB except for special teamers or the hybrid LB/S.. Bruschi and Seau were over 250 when they played there.

McGrone fits the red shirt year profile - had a knee injury in November and could be a candidate for IR. Given the depth on the roster that would be a good outcome and get him ready for 2022. He's also one of the youngest players in the draft - still only 20 - so has only scratched the surface of his potential.

I'm going to interpret the lack of OL as a positive and hope the Pats like what they have in Herron and Cajuste.
Herron showed more than enough to stay.. Cajuste hasn't shown anything.. He's been on the IR both years. Still need a reserve IOL and a OT because of Wynn and Brown's statuses.

McGrone will make the D that much tougher. Others on the list above will be there if the Pats keep their 2 early 6th round picks. I noticed that this choice was made without hesitation. Fehoko gone to the Cowboys.

A rare draft without a BB head scratcher. (Yet)

It’s crazy. It’s like every pick has been one we all like.

Last edited:
McGrone will make the D that much tougher. Others on the list above will be there if the Pats keep their 2 early 6th round picks. I noticed that this choice was made without hesitation. Fehoko gone to the Cowboys.

can mcgrone cover much taller tight ends or running backs?

6'0 7/8 and 231.. that's undersized for the Pats ILB except for special teamers or the hybrid LB/S.. Bruschi and Seau were over 250 when they played there.

Maybe a special teamer or hybrid safety convert? Before people start pounding for Dylan Moses their measurements are almost identical and BB had all the intel he needed from Saban regarding the Bama lb.

I watch a bit of Michigan football because it’s my dad’s alma-mater.

McGrone was a bright spot on an otherwise over-hyped and disappointing defense. His athleticism and instincts are elite and he was matching the level (physically and mentally) with Ohio State during The Game until his injury.

If he can get healthy and continue to develop they have gotten a very, very good player.

Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Back