PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Draft - Day 2 Discussion Thread

One of his greatest qualities is the nick names he comes up with for some of these guys.

That and all the likes he gives me (thanks Cap ;-) ). He often makes me laugh with the nick names.

You have to love the player and the fit. It certainly seems good value at 38 and this is a guy whose star is on the rise and who has hardly tapped his potential. There were apparently some concerns around his willingness to be coached and overall commitment, but I'm sure Saban gave BB a good scouting report, so I'm well I with this pick.

I don't mind trading the picks. We need to find some high impact young players rather than fill out the roster with mid-rounders. There's probably only room for 2 or 3 other rookies to make this team anyway - CB, OL and maybe a WR or LB.

It's also funny whose rankings you look at. BY PFF rankings we've had an unbelievable draft, getting their 12th and 15th ranked players. Daniel Jeremah has them at 32 and 42, which makes them both reaches. And Dane Brugler split the difference, putting them at 20 and 25.

Overpaid to move up for Barmore in comparison to what Denver gave up.
I agree we overpaid to move up only 8 spots. At this point, our 2nd and a 4th should have been enough. That being said, the player they got in the move up is someone I’m EXTREMELY high on. I actually predicted the Pats would take him at 15. To get him at 38 is awesome ! He is a ridiculously talented DT. Big at 6-5 310. Not only will he help out run defense big time, he can get after the QB, had 8 sacks last year. Which is pretty amazing since the Tide like to use a lot of D-Linemen, I think they used 8-9, so he didn’t play all the time, and still got 8 sacks.

What was this team’s biggest weaknesses last year ? QB play, and stopping the run. They’ve addressed both in the first 2 rounds. Add in the great job they did in free agency, and some players coming back from the opt out, and I’m really way more excited about the 2021 Patriots than I thought I would be.

I was hoping for Elijah Moore, or Rondale Moore, wanted some speed for this offense. But Barmore is exactly what the D line needs. Maybe our most talented D Lineman in years.

Surprised that JO-K is still on the board.

Anyone who is strangely still on the board like this is usually a medical red flag. Terrace Marshall apparently has some concerns here too

What did they give up to move from 46 to 38?
TIA

I don't like it much bc it's like an industrial beer who taste the same or close to each other but we have some small brewery's with a really intense taste and they taste all different. I like them more, but Bitburger is good too

When I lived in Germany I would try the local beers like Darmstedter pils or simply a Weizen from the tap. But I usually had a six pack of Bittburger oils in the fridge.

That was thirty years ago. So when I saw it on the shelf in the store I felt like it was a gift from God. Haha

Anyone who is strangely still on the board like this is usually a medical red flag. Terrace Marshall apparently has some concerns here too

What’s the concern with Marshall? That’s strange. He had a good year.

When I lived in Germany I would try the local beers like Darmstedter pils or simply a Weizen from the tap. But I usually had a six pack of Bittburger oils in the fridge.

That was thirty years ago. So when I saw it on the shelf in the store I felt like it was a gift from God. Haha
Was it work related? I think it's pretty remarkable that you still can write german after all those years, great job;)

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back