PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2021 Cutdown Day Thread

This is one of the most noticeable things in my opinion as well when it get's heated....usually if you see some poster insult someone else they fire back but the captain ignores this stuff which is impressive

Yep. Captain is beyond negative towards BB draft picks but he's a mature board member and that is the highest amount of respect I can give him.

Agreed. Not me, I'm the polar opposite. I was ready to give @ashley1992 the smoke IRL just for banning me from a gameday thread. I have a very weak mind and cannot debate people without wanting to give em the ole what for the second they offend me in the slightest

Why the F is Harry still on this team? Does he at least start the season on IR so the team can use that roster spot for a bag of practice balls or something 100% more productive than Harry?

Agreed. Not me, I'm the polar opposite. I was ready to give @ashley1992 the smoke IRL just for banning me from a gameday thread. I have a very weak mind and cannot debate people without wanting to give em the ole what for the second they offend me in the slightest
Ashley would be Tank Abbott in the first fight and you’d be the guy in all black with his arms and legs sticking in the air while Ashley mocks you.

haha we call him “Deus has a screw loose “

luckily I’ve avoided you for the most part these past 13 years

I'm not sure who "we" is, but ok. You go with that.

As for avoiding me, please. You've done nothing of the kind.

Look, I don't care that you're a troll. I love good trolling. What I care is that you're a ****ty troll. Just get better at it. Just a couple of suggestions that are easy to incorporate, and would make you a much better troll:

• Not everything is troll-worthy.
  • Trolling by saying provably wrong and stupid things is lousy trolling, unless you make it obvious that you're just doing it for the lark.
  • Never altering your schtick is both unimaginative and a way to insure that even the best of your troll attempts become lost in the sea of repetitive crap.

Remember, and follow, those 3 suggestions alone, and you'll improve your trolling exponentially.

Of course, nobody actually believes that. You can practically see the backed-up jizz oozing out of the computer screen with each and every post. But hey, if it helps you convince yourself and makes you happy, then I’m sure you’ll be a less worthless poster. So you do you.

Stop projecting. I’m sorry if you sleep next to a flabby cold fish. Some of us are lucky in love, others aren’t. It’s probable not all your fault.

This is one of the most noticeable things in my opinion as well when it get's heated....usually if you see some poster insult someone else they fire back but the captain ignores this stuff which is impressive

Yep, I'll tweak the captain when his vaunted prognostications fail, but I always appreciate his presence. After being away from PatsFans for some time, it was kind of heartwarming to return and find him fulminating in mid-season form.

See, this is a fallacy in my opinion. The Patriots offense isn't predicated around the "#1WR". It's predicated around creating mismatches to get different players open. And it doesn't matter if it's a TE, WR, or RB. For the first 5 years of the Brady Era, we didn't have a #1 WR that defenses had to account for. We still tore other teams up because Brady would hit the OPEN receiver. And it was a running joke that his favorite receiver was the OPEN receiver.

And let's be serious and look at the CHAMPIONSHIPS this team won and didn't win. How many Championships with MOSS, a bonafide #1 receiver? ZERO. How many Championships where the best receiver was Troy Brown or Julian Edelman? 6. Why is that? Because of the mismatches players like Brown and Edelman create. Even in 2014 when Gronk led the team in receiving yards during the regular season, Edelman was the guy getting the clutch stuff more often than not.

When your offense is predicated on creating mismatches, defenses are forced to account for everyone. Because its the player you don't account for that will burn you.
The last paragraph is why Cam is no longer on the team and Jones is the starter. The QB executing this offense has to be able to both anticipate the mismatches and recognize them, nearly instantly pre and post snap, and place the ball where it needs to be to exploit the advantage.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back