PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2021 Cutdown Day Thread

The Capt. is a unique character on this forum. I doubt most people are even bothered by his takes since they know his MO.

You on the other hand are a boring homer that constantly runs around berating posters that don't conform to your "ideals" of what should or shouldn't be posted on this forum. There is no level of criticism of the team, players or coaches that you accept so you've self appointed hall monitor, snitching on posters to mods to get them banned.

You now claim to be an online psychiatrist (talk about delusions).

Whatever man, do your boring thing and continue to bash anyone that dares not to post positive, conforming posts about the team. Knock yourself out, maybe Ian will give you a Gold star or something. Lmao
I do see that the Captain muddies the water a bit. I just except it is his take on matters. Since I have been on this site he has been a complete Gentleman towards me. Treat people how they treat you is my motto

This. Also, I love the Captain's nicknames for players he doesn't like. And since he's the captain, there are a LOT of those players! ;)

The worst I'd wish on the captain is...

5ln20q.gif

;) (nobody under the age of 50 will know who this is)
Sore-Knee Michel was my all time favorite Captain nickname.

What happened to Zuber? Was rooting for him to the PS - thought he did some nice work in that last game.
I was listening to Lazar last night, he said he had heard Zuber was weighing his options since the Pats already have two WRs on their practice squad (Wilkerson, Nixon). Sad day if he's your binky.........

I was listening to Lazar last night, he said he had heard Zuber was weighing his options since the Pats already have two WRs on their practice squad (Wilkerson, Nixon). Sad day if he's your binky.........
Would have rather kept Zuber over Nixon but not a big deal at all. In all likelihood, Zuber isn't the one that got away.

Would have rather kept Zuber over Nixon but not a big deal at all. In all likelihood, Zuber isn't the one that got away.
I agree 100%, but Nixon was an Ernie Adams guy so certainly willing to reserve judgment.

Too many posts of posters bashing a poster who bashes other posters for bashing the team for getting bashed by another team. Bash is a weird word.
ea43fab19e0248aedd4afe7df5e466bb.gif

Last edited:
This is kind of a silly hypothesis. As though teams will say, "Just let Nelson run free back there, he'll probably drop it anyway".

Not suggesting he should be Uncovered, just that he doesn't deserve to be Double-covered.

Not suggesting he should be Uncovered, just that he doesn't deserve to be Double-covered.

Still, I think what tends to dictate double coverage (in this case I'm thinking of it taking the form of a CB in man coverage with safety help over the top) is speed and deep route running, and less about the hands of the receiver. Agholor's speed will force teams to keep a safety deep, because if he beats your man CB it's a touchdown. Sure, you might get lucky 1 out of 5 times when he just flat out drops a ball with no one around him, but as a DC you can't gameplan around that. I think the only time you'd take that risk is if you feel you can get the rush to Mac before that kind of route has a chance to develop.

I loved Captain Kangaroo & Mister Moose!
It was a simpler time really...military veterans instead of becoming political tools of both sides of the aisle instead, like Captain Kangaroo and Mister Rogers, all became children's television hosts.

Too many posts of posters bashing a poster who bashes other posters for bashing the team for getting bashed by another team. Bash is a weird word.
but to some of us ancient Unix nerds it’s a powerful shell. Hmmm, want to bet I could write a bash script to bash posters who bash other posters?

I want to see one more defensive back, preferably someone who can play safety.

Also maybe a Wide-Body at DT available for recall vs the stronger running teams... Seems that both Langi & Tavai - the exact same player - on the PS might be superfluous now...

I bash the captain because he f*cking deserves it, for his unceasing, negative-at all-costs posts. I will ease up on him as soon as his negative post rate drops below 90%. He has a long way to go to get there, though, from his current rate of 99%.
I put the captain on ignore a long time ago but that function doesn’t really work, given that you can still see replies when other posters quote him in their replies. In my line of work I can now easily spot somebody who needs to be medicated and he definitely qualifies.

I troll Deus because I enjoy it, and he also deserves it.

I’m happily married to a way-hotter-than-I-deserve woman who believes in post wedding day intercourse, so I’m all good in that realm but thanks for your concern.

Finally, if you don’t like my posts, please feel free to put me on your ignore list. I’ll do my best to carry-on without your replies.

Oh sure…an angry, obsessed moron like yourself…reveals he’s actually a doctor and married to a really hot woman who runs around the house in lingerie begging for sex.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back