PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2021 Cutdown Day Thread

He also fits the role of player that Little Bill "likes" to coach now, talent be damned.

Further proof that doing what's best for the T-E-A-M is NOT J-O-B 1 with the Emperor.

Worst WRs in football, again.

I made fun of the "Navy Midshipmen QB conversion" predictability earlier, but the irony is that the Patriots have actually had a great success rate with the "silly obsession" categories. Joe Cardona, Julian Edelman, Jakobi Meyers. The fabulous haul of Rutgers DBs. They seem to do worse going against type.

Is there a WR out there we can trade for?

Agholor, Bourne and Meyers I cant think of a worse top 3. Find our rookie QB a legitimate wide receiver weapon!

Maybe I can help.

N'Keal Harry
Damiere Byrd
Jakobi Meyers

Now quit embarrassing yourself with such godawful troll posts.

That was last season... This season the worst top 3 might very well be Agholor, Bourne & Meyers, with ZERO quality backups, including the ****ing Useless Mal Perry...Z-E-R-O... Worst WRs in football, again... Disappointing that the mere suggestion is now considered a powerful troll post, when in fact these starters are closer - much closer - to the league's worst than they are to the best.

Is there a worse starting top 3 receiver core in the NFL than Agholor, Bourne and Meyers?

I'll come find you week 5 if Mac’s playing poorly because his WRs aren’t getting open and catching the ball...
Yep; Agholor will Never draw over-the-top coverage because he drops too many passes to earn respect, and Bourne & Meyers play the same position anyway so it's like having only two WRs on the field, and neither Bourne nor Meyers will draw double-coverage on his side either.

Surely you remember the top 3 last year. This is absolutely an upgrade.
From last season yes, though I would've been fine with a Byrd (>>> Mal Perry) re-signing for outside depth...Still bottom-quartile starters however.

This is going to be a run first team though so they can ease Mac Jones into things. When they do throw the ball I think a lot of the targets will go towards the tight ends.
Gonna be hard to do when the targets are all inside the numbers and there are 9 defenders in the box...Same with running the ball...

Last edited:
F-ing gross. LOL
I never should have looked at that photo. I'm going to think of it every time i see him play or hear his name. I'm thinking of deleting the post to be honest. On a side note...I wonder how Rex Ryan would feel about that.

That was last season... This season the worst top 3 might very well be Agholor, Bourne & Meyers, with ZERO quality backups, including the ****ing Useless Mal Perry...Z-E-R-O... Worst WRs in football, again... Disappointing that the mere suggestion is now considered a powerful troll post, when in fact these starters are closer - much closer - to the league's worst than they are to the best.
I can think of several other teams with terrible WR groups.

Yep; Agholor will Never draw over-the-top coverage because he drops too many passes to earn respect, and Bourne & Meyers play the same position anyway so it's like having only two WRs on the field, and neither Bourne nor Meyers will draw double-coverage on his side either.

From last season yes, though I would've been fine with a Byrd (>>> Mal Perry) re-signing...Still bottom-quartile starters however.

Gonna be hard to do when the targets are all inside the numbers and there are 9 defenders in the box...Same with running the ball...
1630536059546.png

At the risk of this statement not aging well, the roster management by the Patriots during this cut down and practice squad creation has been flawless.

They've lost really no one and have assembled a deep unit.

I can think of several other teams with terrible WR groups.
I think that people have forgotten (understandably) how the passing attack fits with our TE's and RB's. Of course the fact we haven't seen Henry and Smith in any of the preseason games hasn't helped, but there was a reason we paid all that money to get these guys. Unfortunately we might not see their impact for a few weeks, but hopefully it will be considerable and affect the rest of the passing game accordingly.

This is what makes football so fascinating. It ISN'T about one on one match ups on the outside. It IS about using ALL those eligible receivers to create open receivers. ALL the receivers This is what McDaniels is best at. (supposedly) I can't wait to see what it looks like

At the risk of this statement not aging well, the roster management by the Patriots during this cut down and practice squad creation has been flawless.

They've lost really no one and have assembled a deep unit.

The only one they'd love to have back on PS was Montravius Adams but he was always going to get 53 gig elsewhere.

Just a thought about something new in the NFL.

The $6MM practice squad. That's approximately the cap cost of keeping the current Pats PS, and I'm sure its being duplicated across the NFL

The only one they'd love to have back on PS was Montravius Adams but he was always going to get 53 gig elsewhere.

I hear ya, but thought the kids outplayed him, and Montravius looked a little lost against the Giants.

He would have been invited back likely, but I'm good with what we have.

And we stole one from the Ravens so no complaining!

I never should have looked at that photo. I'm going to think of it every time i see him play or hear his name. I'm thinking of deleting the post to be honest. On a side note...I wonder how Rex Ryan would feel about that.
Delete it dude.

wow my #1 Draft target is actually happening - well, thanks Bill :)
Love Jakob but this could be significant upgrade towards Develin territory..

I had a hunch this is what was up when Harbaugh said he'd let Mason "announce his own plans himself." He didn't sound happy about it working out this way.

This signing begins at least to compensate for the simply awful Cam McGroan pick... from the same school, no less...

But...the captain wanted to "waste draft capital" on him, while savvy Bill got him for free! ;)

I do love this pickup. Since they only carry one FB I always want to see one on the practice squad, and Mason is a great fit.

I wanted WR Simi Fehoko (who made the Cowboys 53, BTW) at 177; G/T Trey Smith at 188 (same at KC); a CB such as Tay Gowan, Thomas Graham, Kary Vincent or Rodarius Williams (ALL of whom made their 53s) at 197 and Ben Mason at 242... We should've had #186 available to us also...

Last edited:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back