PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2021 Cutdown Day Thread

How so? Because of the new rules, there's an easy way to have Nordin insurance. If Folk plays ball, they can, in theory, put him on the PS and activate him every week.
There’s a limit to how many times they can activate one guy I think, though, right? Or has that changed?

We'll get to watch a few of those too. Just get ready for 60% accuracy.

96% XP not that bad. 72% FG is not great but I think some of those were pretty far. Give him a chance.

eeec29c45595d39960d6e65b2b259bc5.png

Given the state of kicking in the NFL today, I’m not sure Folk would take a practice squad salary over an NFL gig and I’d have to think there will be someone calling soon. He did well enough last year to warrant a job somewhere. If not now, then pretty early in the season

96% XP not that bad. 72% FG is not great but I think some of those were pretty far. Give him a chance.

Coaches have been monitoring his progress closely since we signed him, and must feel comfortable with his ongoing improvement. They obviously didn't want to expose him to waivers. We shall see.

NFL PAT is longer than college though so those stats don’t mean anything

Coaches have been monitoring his progress closely since we signed him, and must feel comfortable with his ongoing improvement. They obviously didn't want to expose him to waivers. We shall see.
Yes...and the ceiling is pretty high with that leg strength. Others have struggled too and turned it around to be great kickers.

Gotta wonder how much of a role, if any, his injury is/will play with his status over the next couple of weeks.
I don’t know. But if it lingers into the season, it could have a drastic effect on his production and the games themselves. He could go from 2 catches/24 yards to 1 catch/12 yards.

There’s a limit to how many times they can activate one guy I think, though, right? Or has that changed?
I'd have to look at that, but I wouldn't think you'd be activating the K2 unless/until the K1 had already shown some regular season issues, which mean you wouldn't be doing it starting in week one.

Given the state of kicking in the NFL today, I’m not sure Folk would take a practice squad salary over an NFL gig and I’d have to think there will be someone calling soon. He did well enough last year to warrant a job somewhere. If not now, then pretty early in the season

Did you miss the part where his 2021 Patriots salary is guaranteed? He doesn't have to go anywhere to get "NFL salary". He's already getting it.

Does anyone know how many players remaining need to be cut to reach 53?

Does anyone know how many players remaining need to be cut to reach 53?
Last count was 8...not sure if Folk has officially been cut, haven't seen that yet.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back