PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2021 Cutdown Day Thread

Crazy as it sounds, I think Ferentz gets a spot.
Jah, I definitely understand where you are coming from. I've been going back and forth with Ferentz, but with our line being so deep and now adding Durant, I don't know if there is any room for him. Definitely PS, if someone doesn't pick him up. (Keep an eye on Miami)

Came for the latest cut down news.

Got to read "I am a real Patriots fan because I don't give a shard about the greatest player in history anymore. Anyone who likes Brady is a homo!"

Somehow, being a Brady fan and Patriots fan at the same time is impossible for some folks. Yes, I know Brady doesn't give a crap about you and me. Guess who else give zero phuks about you and me? Belichick, Kraft, the cheerleaders, Dorito Dink, and everyone else involved with the team.
There a few knuckle draggers on here who get all up in arms if god forbid, anyone dare still root for a guy who gave us 6 rings and two decades of dominance. The mere mention of Brady's name sends them into a fervor and they start ranting about "durr real fan!" "durr new uniform!". I guess they are mad they haven't received their "true fan" golden star sticker in the mail from Bill yet.

Jah, I definitely understand where you are coming from. I've been going back and forth with Ferentz, but with our line being so deep and now adding Durant, I don't know if there is any room for him. Definitely PS, if someone doesn't pick him up. (Keep an eye on Miami)
Yeah, the Durant trade makes it less likely. That tweet also had 9 OL but I don't know who you cut to keep the 9th. Hoyer, Bolden, Anderson, King...none of them seem like guys I'd rather have a 9th OL over, but they would be the ones I consider to be at the back of the roster.

When you've got versatile linemen like Karras, Onwenu, and now maybe Durant, there may not be as much need for a 9th.

Yeah, the Durant trade makes it less likely. That tweet also had 9 OL but I don't know who you cut to keep the 9th. Hoyer, Bolden, Anderson, King...none of them seem like guys I'd rather have a 9th OL over, but they would be the ones I consider to be at the back of the roster.
Lol, I agree I was having a tough time with Bolden, King and Jennings...I think Hoyer makes it, just a gut feeling.

wow...Hope he can sneak onto the PS

Expected if they keep Harry which looks like to be the case. That cut tell me they will probably keep 4 TE also

This is a Patricia guy, so he could be a PS candidate if he clears waivers.

Wouldn't be surprised at all. We really don't have more than 3 ILB right now who deserve to be on an NFL 53 man roster. Maybe Tavai also doesn't deserve that, but we'll see.

Here's where we stand now....

Gunner is a PR. He was always going to get a roster spot.
If JJ Taylor can return punts too he might not be as good but he also returns kicks and can actually play a little offense. There might be room for both but if all Gunner does is return punts he may not be as safe as you think.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back