PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2021 Cutdown Day Thread

Bill_Murray_Caddyshack2.gif

So is there a perceived benefit by releasing a few players on Monday, are they more likely to fall through the cracks and land on the practice squad?

So is there a perceived benefit by releasing a few players on Monday, are they more likely to fall through the cracks and land on the practice squad?
I don’t think so as they all process on Wednesday at noon.

I think it gives them more of a chance to land on another roster. Other teams know they’re available and can plan their cuts accordingly, and can start negotiations with them sooner. I recall in past seasons reading that it’s something Bill did to help the players he was releasing have a better chance to catch a meal ticket elsewhere.

Getting dusty....

He was an up and comer with the 49ers. Hit like a ton of bricks but fell off of a cliff and has been a journeyman since.

They actually talk to these guys when they’re cutting them. Only so much time in the day I guess.

We've gone full circle now. The Texans traded McKinney for Lawson, paid Lawson $7M, and then traded him for a 6th. The Dolphins will carry $750k in dead money after releasing McKinney, but would get reimbursed for that if he signs with a new team.

He was a really good player in the Hightower mold a few years ago, but injuries seem to have taken their toll.

Last edited:
CAN you imagine the madness that would be unleashed ? I mean, for insane hot takes alone it’d be worth it.
I was Cam's biggest supporter last offseason saying he'd easily win the starting job the first day of practice and got resistance from this board. I've seen enough of him and he hasn't done anything to deserve the starting job. Last night's outing was pretty pathetic.

While there would be shock, I don't think the board would erupt over his release.

I was Cam's biggest supporter last offseason saying he'd easily win the starting job the first day of practice and got resistance from this board. I've seen enough of him and he hasn't done anything to deserve the starting job. Last night's outing was pretty pathetic.

While there would be shock, I don't think the board would erupt over his release.
I’ve seen teams 3rd and 4th QBs look better.
Go Jones Hoyer and Stidham on IR

He was an up and comer with the 49ers. Hit like a ton of bricks but fell off of a cliff and has been a journeyman since.
Looks like he will play somewhere. Early release guys could be more likely to get through while teams have too many.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back