PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2021 Cutdown Day Thread

415 undrafted players in the NFL - almost as many as the combined number of first and second rounders.

But I thought all touted consensus 1st and 2d rounders were bona fide guaranteed NFL superstars??????

Folk missed all of two kicks last year, that's not too shabby.
It's not but we also rarely attempted anything long. I am fine with going with Nordin but if he starts spraying extra points like Ghost from a few agos then I hope we have Folk on speed dial.

Jahlani Tavai

87.5% comp 140 passer rating against
624 snaps last year with majority at MLB

How do you draft a LB that can’t cover in the top 50 of the draft lol. Maybe he can play the EDGE considering his size.

Looks like a potential Bentley backup if he were to get hurt.

Yep. Could even replace Langi on 53 before W1 or just get promoted. They need(ed) one more NFL ILB body despite KVN imo
They are thin at ILB with Hall, Jennings, McMillan, McGrone all out. (Hall and McGrone could return for the 2nd part of the season..)

Slightly surprised by Hoyer on the PS, though I suppose they can simply game-day activate him and then they don't have to guarantee his whole salary if he's not on the roster week 1. You'd have to think they want to keep him around though, since otherwise you've only got a rookie and nobody else. I don't think he has any desire to go elsewhere, but if the NYJ want to give him a couple million, it may be a tough call for him.

Hoyer to the PS is interesting as most figured he'd be on the active roster after Harry to IR. Another move coming perhaps? Not opposed to another QB signing as long as it's a short term deal if it's someone like Foles. Want to maintain max cap flexibility for the next couple years if Mac turns out to be the "real" deal.
They can activate him from the practice squad thereby giving us a 54 man roster.

Hoyer on the PS is just a placeholder to allow him to practice until they get him on the 53

Dolegala? Sudfeld?

4QBs combined is the Covid norm and with Stidham on PUP they are in need.
Kyed mentions PS but would not be at all surprising if they go for a QB2 on 53
I think the QB2 on the 53 is the interesting part, because it would likely be someone who has 0 experience with the Pats system including training camp. I think the only guys with experience in the Pats system are Jimmy G, Brissett, Hoyer, and Danny Etling. Well, Cam too. Might be a few Houston or Giants backups they’d feel could work based on their time with BOB and Joe Judge. Anyone else wouldn’t have any experience.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back