PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2018 Draft Day Thread Day Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aside from the Michel pick (which I think is brilliant), the rest of the draft is a waste. Wynn is not good, I'm telling you I've watched his entire career, I have no idea what he did at the Senior Bowl to make people think that this 6' 2" (3/4) 330 guy can play tackle in the NFL. HE might be a decent guard, at best he could be as good as Thuney I doubt he gets to mason levels.

The Pats should have tossed up a 6th to move up a spot or two and grabbed Evans. I don't know if any of you realize this or not, but the defense that got shredded in the Superbowl, is actually a better defense than the Pats have today.

I love Hightower, but he has never played a full season, and aside from him Van Noy is serviceable and the rest are awful. The front seven contains no pass rushers. If I had told you at 8pm on Thursday that they come Saturday morning, the Pats would have drafted a guard, RB, and the usual overreach for a CB in the second round, your heads would have exploded.

I had no problem with the first trade down in the second, as the cupboard was already bare, and even trading into next year wasn't awful. But then wasting the capital you made in one of those trade downs to trade back up for Dawson (who you all know you said "who" when they drafted him) was ridiculous. So is Dawson going to start? Of course not, he is going to go into the second round dumpster with Ras IR, Wheatley, Jones, Jesus I can't even remember all of them.....

Then Apparently SF right tackle showed up overweight , so the Pats ship SF a third round pick for him. So what's the plan? If you assume that Thuney, Andrews, Mason, and Cannon (is he healthy??) remain the starters, the left tackle (the guy who is protecting the blindside of your HOF QB) will either be Waddle, the fat guy from SF, or 6'2" rookie Wynn. And you wonder why Brady isn't thrilled about the upcoming season.

Now we come to day three, the day where we groom draft picks, so after we cut them, they can get scooped up by other teams. There is no one left that will help the dumpster fire defense, Brady will have to score in the 50s every game for them to win.

So be prepared for another season, of a defense that doesn't rush the passer, and doesn't get turnovers. Philly showed that the way to beat the Pats is to not play conservative, now every team will be doing that, and this defense will not hold up, as it only contains tow real playmakers (Hightower & Gillmore) and the rest are either JAGS or worse (just ask Nick Foles if you doubt my assessment).
You should find a different hobby. Football is just too complicated for you. By all means though don’t become a fan of any of the other 31 less successful teams because a brain hemhorrage will probably get you before you finally decide you can’t go on and find a bridge to jump off.

You should find a different hobby. Football is just too complicated for you. By all means though don’t become a fan of any of the other 31 less successful teams because a brain hemhorrage will probably get you before you finally decide you can’t go on and find a bridge to jump off.

So what am I missing? What's the plan? Who is going to play LT?

Who is replacing Butler?

Who are your starting LBs? Hightower (until he gets hurts), Van Noy, and Roberts, then Flowers, and then Jordan Richards? Think about that, if Hightower and Van Noy are hurt (which happened last year). The Pats are running out Roberts and Flowers and who??

Define an impact player

Chandler Jones was one! A guy who can come up with a strip sack, INT, or fumble at a big time!
The only INT the Pats got in the whole playoffs was a horribly thrown ball by Foles who missed a wide open guy at the five yard line. The only reason that Harmon was there to pick it off is that he was horrible out of position. The last halfway decent play I can remember McCourty making was his tackle for loss on 1-10 in the Atlanta SB, right after the Jones catch. So another entire season went by and NOTHING! Harmon makes more plays than him!

Face it, who on the Pats defense do you think will make a big play? Aside from Gillmore and Hightower, maybe. Hightower is going to get hurt, and Gillmore is not going to see any action, as the opposition will be busy throwing at Rowe, Jones(s), or the latest 2nd rd CB bust.

How big was that strip of Brady??? Chances are without it, Brady wins the SB. The Eagles went for it on 4th down, and nothing, no break ups, no sacks, hell they only punted once!! Once, the defense in the Superbowl forced the other team to punt exactly once and incredibly the pats didn't punt and LOST! Think about that for a second, if you are Tom Brady, you had one turnover at the end of the game, a strip sack, you throw for over 500 yards, score 33 points (including a missed chip shot and XP) and do not punt, and you lose by 8 points!

The Pats had to bring in James Harrison just to have even a hint of a pass rush.

So what am I missing? What's the plan? Who is going to play LT?

Who is replacing Butler?

Who are your starting LBs? Hightower (until he gets hurts), Van Noy, and Roberts, then Flowers, and then Jordan Richards? Think about that, if Hightower and Van Noy are hurt (which happened last year). The Pats are running out Roberts and Flowers and who??
What are you missing? This is the most successful 20 year run in NFL history and all you can do is cry about stuff.
If your objective is to have a flawless team with no question marks or weaknesses you are out of touch with reality.
If your objective is to have a team that is the best in the league over the long haul and among the best every single year, you should relax and enjoy it instead of getting yourself all worked up over a 2nd round draft pick or a LT position after we just added 2 guys who would be just fine there.

Define impact player

Any player is an impact player. They can impact the game positively (ex:brady Gronk) or negatively (ex:Richards)

. Pretend for a minute Butler was benched....and then think depth. Oh wait...he was benched. JJ going down in the playoffs cost the Pats a ring.

He was an option during the game so what you’re trying to say is pointless

He was an option during the game so what you’re trying to say is pointless

You have to understand the post before you can call it pointless. How's a CB that was placed on IR 2 weeks before the SB an option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News