PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 2012 Mock Draft FAIL thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some tasty FAIL from the folks at the Sporting News:

29. New England Patriots (From New Orleans): Nick Perry*, DE, Southern Cal. Their defense struggles because it can't pressure the quarterback. Perry would fit in well as a versatile defender because he can play end in the Patriots' base 4-3 defense and can stand up and play outside linebacker in a 3-4 alignment.

Because we know BB loves those USC linebackers!! :bricks:

31. New England Patriots: Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama. In an effort to improve their defense, the Patriots take a huge gamble on Jenkins, who has immense physical talent but has had numerous off-field issues during his college career.

Because, as we all know, the Patriots love to take gambles like that in the first round. :bricks:

Last edited:
Some truly tasty FAIL here; yes, it's FootballsFuture.com, but, wow. . . .

15. Patriots: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB Alabama
*Get a shutdown corner that can instantly improve the secondary.

Player's not bad. But here's problem #1:

48. Patriots: Vontaze Burfict, LB Arizona State
62. Patriots: Leonard Johnson, CB Iowa State

(A) I don't think Burflict will be around at #48. (B) I don't think they need to draft TWO corners in the first two rounds.

And now here's problem #2:

94. Patriots: Robert Lester, S Alabama

This was updated on January 15, after news broke that Lester is staying.

And finally, problem #3:

NE trades #26, #29 for #15, #115 and asante samuel. This trade allows NE to move their current CB's to S.

:bricks: :bricks:

Last edited:
Wow, that's absolute gold. Three new CBs and a new S to go along with the current guys :lol2:

Wow, that's absolute gold. Three new CBs and a new S to go along with the current guys :lol2:

This might actually be worse:

27) New England (via New Orleans)- Melvin Ingram, DE/DT, South Carolina
- The Pat’s need help on defense and Ingram can immediately help stop the running game. They have another pick shortly so I’m looking for them to go heavy on defense here.

31) New England Patriots- Alameda TaÕamu, DT, Washington
- The Pats could go secondary here but I don’t see them passing on such talent here. The pats ugrade two-thirds of their D-line leaving Wilfork as trade bait.

:eek: :bricks:

Some truly tasty FAIL here; yes, it's FootballsFuture.com, but, wow. . . .

Player's not bad. But here's problem #1:

(A) I don't think Burflict will be around at #48. (B) I don't think they need to draft TWO corners in the first two rounds.

And now here's problem #2:

This was updated on January 15, after news broke that Lester is staying.

And finally, problem #3:

:bricks: :bricks:

This might actually be worse:

:eek: :bricks:

2e8c117a1a72019a246091ba05f55787.jpg

I think the one with 3 CB's and a safety is the worst of them. But really both are atrocious.

2e8c117a1a72019a246091ba05f55787.jpg

I think the one with 3 CB's and a safety is the worst of them. But really both are atrocious.

How many secondary guys did we cut at the beginning of the season? 4/5? Obviously this mocker is anticipating that we do this again this season. The revolving door approach to secondary improvement.

Worst mock of the draft season so far (and probably won't be beaten).

From Buffalobillsdraft:

1A Vontaze Burfict

1B Vinny Curry

2A Janoris Jenkins

2B Ryan Miller, OG, Colorado (been performing poorly at Shrine game practiced)

3 Robert Turbin, RB, Utah St.

I like Jenkins and Turbin (Trent Richardson lite), hate Burfict, think curry will be ineffective and think Miller is a late rounder UDFA type. And boy does he have some weird rankings. Moving on.

From Buffalobillsdraft:

1A Vontaze Burfict

1B Vinny Curry

2A Janoris Jenkins

2B Ryan Miller, OG, Colorado (been performing poorly at Shrine game practiced)

3 Robert Turbin, RB, Utah St.

I like Jenkins and Turbin (Trent Richardson lite), hate Burfict, think curry will be ineffective and think Miller is a late rounder UDFA type. And boy does he have some weird rankings. Moving on.

Not a fan of the draft either, but what is so weird about his rankings?

2012 Prospect Rankings and Scouting Reports | Buffalo Bills Draft

Just an FYI, Matt Elder (the writer in question) is a highly respected small-school scout... actually helps with the selection for the small-school combine (Beyond College Sports Showcase).

Disclosure: I am part-owner of BuffaloBillsDraft.com

Last edited:

Just an FYI, Matt Elder (the writer in question) is a highly respected small-school scout... actually helps with the selection for the small-school combine (Beyond College Sports Showcase).

Firstly I like this group of sites and respect anyone who takes the time to watch film and put their views on the line. And, with some of his out there rankings, he may in the end be right and most everyone else wrong. But...

Is Brandon Boykin really the 187th best prospect in the draft?

Chris Polk the 21st best?

Actually I'm not going to lay on with the other rankings I find strange because it's not right, they're his honest opinion which I respect and like I said, he's had the balls to put them out there which I haven't so fair play to him.

Still a lousy mock though.

If we went by those rankings, I could have this draft.

1a Peter Konz - C - Wisconsin
1b Mark Barron - S - Alabama
2a Fletcher Cox - DE - MISS ST
2b Melvin Ingram - DE - South Carolina
3 Coryell Judie - CB - Texas A&M
4 Joe Adams - WR - Arkansas

If we went by those rankings, I could have this draft.

1a Peter Konz - C - Wisconsin
1b Mark Barron - S - Alabama
2a Fletcher Cox - DE - MISS ST
2b Melvin Ingram - DE - South Carolina
3 Coryell Judie - CB - Texas A&M
4 Joe Adams - WR - Arkansas

I know I'm in the majority, but I'm not 100% certain that I'd take Ingram in the 2nd. Ingram has SO many bad plays on tape... although if you watch his highlights he looks like a Top-15 pick.

This is definitely EPIC FAIL, but maybe also EPIC WIN.

First the EPIC FAIL:

CB Lardarius Webb (tendered 1st round) signs with the New England Patriots… forfeit #31

27. New England Patriots from New Orleans – Stephon Gilmore CB – South Carolina
- Even though they get great talent in Webb they still need some more help so they draft a talent in the 1st …

:bricks:

And now the EPIC WIN(?):

- The Indianapolis Colts trade Peyton Manning to the New York Jets for a 2012 1st (16), 3rd & 2013 4th and WR Santonio Holmes… Peyton doesn’t want to have to share the spotlight with this upcoming rookie and the Jets are fed up with Sanchez and will hope that Manning helps them win and tutors Sanchez plus they get rid of Holmes…

The New York Jets trade QB Mark Sanchez and #47 to Cleveland for pick #22… The Jets want to come back in the round to grab some weapons for Manning to use and they cut loose Sanchez at the same time… the Browns do it cause it saves them an early pick for QB plus they get another pick later on…

:eek:

Last edited:
This is definitely EPIC FAIL, but maybe also EPIC WIN.

First the EPIC FAIL:

:bricks:

And now the EPIC WIN(?):

:eek:

AHAHAHAH we saw the same draft. I was looking at that and almost subscribed and made a profile just to respond to that person who did it.

They say our 2ndary sucks so they basically spend 2 1st round picks, one for webb and another on gilmore. Ridiculous to say the least.

But i am pretty sure this guy also had devon still in the 2nd round e.t.c so don't think he's that good a mocker.

A Patriots fan on Footballs Future posted this FAIL:

I think giving Welker big money would be a mistake. We could give a premiere outside reciever that will open up the lanes for our TEs.

And then turned it into Mega-EPIC FAIL:

Tag and trade. Traded to Colts for 2012 3rd(65) and conditional 2013 3rd.

:mad: :bricks: :ban?:

Last edited:
OK. I think I've found the worst mock for the Patriots this year or probably any year. I challenge any one to find something worse. It's from a Jaguars forum and whilst I wouldn't normally quote something so amateur, this one needs to be quoted.

8. The New England Patriots select Melvin ingram

After the loss to the Giants in the super bowl the Patriots switch to a 4-3 and knew Indy was in a rebuilding mode. So give up pick 27, 32. Indy easily takes the trade and saves a ton of money on the rebuilding mode. And gives Griffin a great new target to throw too.

Actually I've cut part of the trade out. The last line is a bit of a giveaway. Here's the full trade:

8. The New England Patriots select Melvin ingram

After the loss to the Giants in the super bowl the Patriots switch to a 4-3 and knew Indy was in a rebuilding mode. So give up pick 27, 32, and Welker who they resigned. Indy easily takes the trade and saves a ton of money on the rebuilding mode. And gives Griffin a great new target to throw too.

Any takers?

OK. I think I've found the worst mock for the Patriots this year or probably any year. I challenge any one to find something worse. It's from a Jaguars forum and whilst I wouldn't normally quote something so amateur, this one needs to be quoted.

FWIW, to be fair, you should provide a link to the badness. :D

Some popcorn for you Bleacher Report fans, from someone who claims to be a Patriots fan.

First off, the title is "6 Ideal Trade Scenarios for the New England Patriots"

I present them in a particular order. :D

Patriots Get: Chris Gamble
Patriots Give Up: two draft picks

No, he doesn't even bother to specify which draft picks. For any of them. :rolleyes:

Patriots Get: Brandon Flowers
Chiefs get: two draft picks.

Patriots Get: Trent Cole
Eagles get: one draft pick.

Patriots Get: Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
Patriots Give Up: two draft picks, or Devin McCourty and one pick.

:rolleyes:

Plus he really seems to have a thing for the Iggles, as you'll see in a moment.

Now, the second-worst of the six:

Patriots Get: One of Green Bay's receivers
Packers Get: For Greg Jennings, two draft picks.
For James Jones, one draft pick and . . . Sebastian Vollmer
For Donald Driver, Sebastian Vollmer.

Apparently this author is not aware of why the Patriots didn't put Vollmer on IR this year.

And then the absolute worst of them all:

Patriots Get: Nnamdi Asomugha
Eagles receive: anything they want (except Tom Brady).

:ban?: :mad: :bricks:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes