PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Odell Beckham wants $20+ million

Then he should start playing better than a tier 2/3 safety. He had one good season in his career so far.

When you play in NY, Pittsbugh, Dallas, etc, you're automatically overrated. Baltimore, too, apparently.

Wouldn't mind going after Chris Conley loved him coming out of the draft they seem to have pushed him down the depth chart a bit.
If offer a 6th conditional 5th if he was made available.

I don't know that he was actually "pushed down the depth chart". He was the Chiefs' #3 WR in 2016, his second season in the league, and he was on pace to be at least that again in 2017 until he tore his Achilles in week-5. He'd started all five games up to that point, and both his catch rate and YPC had improved significantly over 2016, to 69% and 15.9 YPC.

The Chiefs need to make a decision about WR Albert Wilson this year. He's a UFA who played on his $1.797 low-round RFA tender in 2017, and responded with his best season so far, but still not huge and probably didn't make up for the absence of Conley. Wilson is 5'9"/200, while Conley is 6'2"/207.

Meanwhile, Conley is still pretty cheap going into the 4th and final year of his rookie deal in 2018. If he's fully recovered from his injury and back on track in 2018, I doubt the Chiefs let him go in 2019.

Wilson, OTOH, might be the type of guy the Pats could bring in and get better than expected production out of as a #3/#4 guy. They don't appear to have a need for him this season, especially if Amendola re-signs, but he's more in that strata that the Pats seem to like to mine than Conley would be.

Below are two sets of Career Playoff Production. Can you guess which 5'11" NFL receiver is OBJ and which one is Danny Amendola?

11 targets, 4 catches, 28 yards, 7.0 yards per reception, 0 TDs, 0-1 in the playoffs. 0 SB appearances, 0 SB rings

81 targets, 57 catches, 709 yards, 12.4 yards per reception, 6 TDs, 10-3 in the playoffs, 3 Super Bowl appearances, 2 SB rings

Gee! That's a tough one!

;)

OBJ will get a nice 5 year extension where only the first 2-3 years will be real and the rest will be fake just designed to push the APY up so he can claim the crown.

Overall it will look like a 20M APY+ contract but in reality it will be somewhere around 18M is my guess. Then the Giants will either start the restructuring dance or project that the cap will haven risen so far up that it wont be as crazy anymore.
Perfectly said.

Also, who cares what a player is "demanding"? Every single offseason in every single sport players / agents make outlandish demands and, like clockwork, the contracts always end up coming back down to earth.

Numerous other people the other day when I said Brady would immediately retire of this guy came to NE.

Horrible route runner and drops a ton of balls.

The people laughing at you for claiming Brady would "immediately retire" if Beckham came to the Patriots, doesn't mean those same people think he'd be a "great fit" in terms of contract demands. It's obvious that people had the last year of his rookie contract in mind. Your critical thinking skills (or lack thereof) are embarrassing.

Numerous other people the other day when I said Brady would immediately retire of this guy came to NE.

Horrible route runner and drops a ton of balls.

Get some glasses old man.

His route running is anything but bad and he has better hands than pretty much everyone on our team except at times Gronk. Critizise his drama queen behaviour, consistent need for the spotlight and general lack of mental toughness but in terms of pure abilities he is a great player.

Below are two sets of Career Playoff Production. Can you guess which 5'11" NFL receiver is OBJ and which one is Danny Amendola?

11 targets, 4 catches, 28 yards, 7.0 yards per reception, 0 TDs, 0-1 in the playoffs. 0 SB appearances, 0 SB rings

81 targets, 57 catches, 709 yards, 12.4 yards per reception, 6 TDs, 10-3 in the playoffs, 3 Super Bowl appearances, 2 SB rings
Paying one player other than a quarter back is just to big of a hit on the salary cap, and takes away the teams ability to pay other good players at other positions.

The people laughing at you for claiming Brady would "immediately retire" if Beckham came to the Patriots, doesn't mean those same people think he'd be a "great fit" in terms of contract demands. It's obvious that people had the last year of his rookie contract in mind. Your critical thinking skills (or lack thereof) are embarrassing.

umm, i really, really sure
my critical thinking skills are better than yours, but you keep plugging away

Odell Beckham, Marqise Lee Lead NFL In Dropped Passes

umm, i really, really sure
my critical thinking skills are better than yours, but you keep plugging away

Odell Beckham, Marqise Lee Lead NFL In Dropped Passes

This is your best post yet, hilarious. Welker and Edelman have both consistently ranked high on dropped pass lists over the years, but that doesn't fit the narrative.

What you have in Excellent Critical Thinking Skills you make up for with a stunning, almost impossible lack of self-awareness. It's amazing to behold.

No receiver is worth $20 miilion a year.

You are worth what someone will pay you. I hope he gets it.

(and destroys the Giants cap for years to come)

This is your best post yet, hilarious. Welker and Edelman have both consistently ranked high on dropped pass lists over the years, but that doesn't fit the narrative.

What you have in Excellent Critical Thinking Skills you make up for with a stunning, almost impossible lack of self-awareness. It's amazing to behold.

Comparing slot WRs or WRs who are extention of a run game to ODell Bechkham, is pee your pants kinda funny.

Stunning to behold is right.

Tell us, how many fantasy leagues do you have Beckham in?

I've gotta say... I'm shocked, SHOCKED, that I haven't gotten an answer on that yet.

See, it never matters whether or not we can prove our points, just that we make them and shout them as loudly as possible. That's how we are proven to have Very Good Brains. We shout these opinions when we are "in between reading emails" at the very high powered jobs we have where we work very hard.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back