PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OBJ Rumor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick wouldn't pay $20M (about 50% off of top market) right now for a guy on pace for 37 TDs and 11 INTs? I guess he either needs to reevaluate his age-enhanced projection of the player or reevaluate the quarterback market.

But we know what you're saying is absolute bologna. Tom Brady never dug in his heels and demanded a market contract...not with New England, Tampa Bay, or anywhere. He did what he always does, which is avoid the games of chicken and just settle on a number which seems reasonable though is not as much as he could get if he dug in. He's not going to play for pennies on the dollar, and he's not going to let the final 10% of the contract become a giant distraction and hindrance to signing. He even stated this earlier in the offseason, that this is his approach to contracts.

It was all about commitment with more years, guarantees, etc. so he could have long-term security to retire in New England instead of going year-to-year, and he was palpably upset that it had come as far as it did, the eve of free agency, when the Patriots had years to extend him.

And attitude absolutely plays into negotiations; Tampa Bay showed excitement about him and projected him as part of their long-term plans instead of treating him like an "agonizing question mark" who was going to be swept out the door with the only question of when. The Patriots could not have been more hands-off and passive in asking Brady to come back to them to see if they might be willing to match an offer. He had a bunch of teams telling him how badly they want him and selling him on their brand and how he will fit into their future with his post-40 goals - and one team who made it really, really clear that they had the bigger **** and were absolutely willing to let him walk away if he didn't like what they were serving.

Tough choice.
First off you are looking at numbers with an offense for Brady to throw to. He didn't have that here last year.

That's not an indictment on Brady but more BB for not getting his QB enough support, even though he did get him AB and traded 2nd round pick to get Sanu at Brady's request.

Soo you tell me, you would give 20 mill to a 43 year old QB-with no offense around him and expect him to work miracles around that? He had that last year, look how that turned out. Shoot go back to the year before Randy Moss got here. BB gave him Rache Caldwell (RIP) and Doug Gabriel and BB expect him to win a SB with that? (sarcasm) ( note: they did go to the AFC title game).

And what I am saying is Bologna?? I never said Tom Brady "demanded" anything. Do not take anything I post out of context. I said he wanted to be paid what he deserved. Far from "demanding" and also he had the right to be paid what he deserved. He won 6 championships but someone like Kurt Cousins was making more money. That is crazy in my opinion. I am not saying it was all about money with Brady. I am saying he wanted the franchise to show they wanted him back and respected what he has done. BB basically didn't want him back...but my post wasn't or isn't to state Brady was all about the money.

Last edited:
Nope.

I took your time machine. Sorry - should have asked but you were passed out in a gutter outside, and the keys were right there. I went back to February, made sure that Brady re-signed with the team, and he is currently on pace for 37 TDs and 11 INTs in New England, in this paradoxical reality.

Probably should have also gone to Wuhan to warn about Covid and all, but I felt that proving this point was more important. And I don't regret it.

Can't argue with a time traveler.

Take it FWIW...

Everybody's got a blind spot. I, for example, have zero social skills. The Pats (Bill, Nick, whoever) suck at drafting outside receivers AND at trading for vet WR's. Sorry all you giddy, upbeat types: it's a fact. And don't give me the "What about Randy" nonsense. Blind squirrels, meet nut.

The solution here is to spend money on somebody who can evaluate WR talent and hire that guy, then let him work. Don't help him out. Don't offer your input. Don't give him the benefit of your long - dismal, futile - experience.

Seriously. This is too obvious even to discuss. The evidence is flamboyantly in: Bill and his merry band of geniuses are simply not to be trusted with this particular job. It's like letting a toddler f around with your reloading kit. Do what's best for the team and so on. It is what it is. You know the drill.

Sorry. Back on subject! I'm a solid 'no' on OBJ! Do you even have the kinds of brothels that he requires in your area? Dude has needs.
OBJ would've loved it here when the Combat Zone was alive & well...

First off you are looking at numbers with an offense for Brady to throw to. He didn't have that here last year.

That's not an indictment on Brady but more BB for not getting his QB enough support, even though he did get him AB and traded 2nd round pick to get Sanu at Brady's request.

Soo you tell me, you would give 20 mill to a 43 year old QB-with no offense around him and expect him to work miracles around that? He had that last year, look how that turned out. Shoot go back to the year before Randy Moss got here. BB gave him Rache Caldwell (RIP) and Doug Gabriel and BB expect him to win a SB with that? (sarcasm) ( note: they did go to the AFC title game).

And what I am saying is Bologna?? I never said Tom Brady "demanded" anything. Do not take anything I post out of context. I said he wanted to be paid what he deserved. Far from "demanding" and also he had the right to be paid what he deserved. He won 6 championships but someone like Kurt Cousins was making more money. That is crazy in my opinion. I am not saying it was all about money with Brady. I am saying he wanted the franchise to show they wanted him back and respected what he has done. BB basically didn't want him back...but my post wasn't or isn't to state Brady was all about the money.
Where did the notion that Tom asked for Sanu come from?

Where did the notion that Tom asked for Sanu come from?

But you can find this anywhere. Its common knowledge. Also heard our local reports Curran, Reis with this knowledge as well...(if not them, heard it on our sport radio stations

But you can find this anywhere. Its common knowledge. Also heard our local reports Curran, Reis with this knowledge as well...(if not them, heard it on our sport radio stations
Well I'll be darned. Still pains me to think of what other receiver we could have had for a second round pick last year.

Well I'll be darned. Still pains me to think of what other receiver we could have had for a second round pick last year.
Yea apparently after seeing what the 9ers got for Emmanuel Sanders...we could of picked him up instead of Sanu last year. Know BB had been eyeing Sanders a few seasons back.

Yea apparently after seeing what the 9ers got for Emmanuel Sanders...we could of picked him up instead of Sanu last year. Know BB had been eyeing Sanders a few seasons back.
I think it was going into the 2013 season the Steelers matched our offer sheet then let him walk the next year for nothing. Bill was able to see that Sanders could be a higher end wide receiver in the league. I just wish he was able to do that with receivers in the draft.

In BB defense here, Elway wasnt going to trade Sanders to the Patriots, that has been confirmed in a few places.

Again. The 49ers wanted Sanu which pushed his price up and Sanders was their fallback. I don't get why people try to turn history around.

Yes we could have maybe signed Sanders but decided not to. And given the situation with him coming back from a major injury and his contract only going until the end of the season it made much more sense at that time to get Sanu.

Fine decision making, bad outcome. Unless anyone could have predicted him wrecking his ankle to the point that it might be a career ender there is not much there to discuss.

I think Bill finally got sick of Brady's entitlement attitude. Apparently, now he is so entitled to win, he doesn't need to shake the hand of the winning QB...

Again. The 49ers wanted Sanu which pushed his price up and Sanders was their fallback. I don't get why people try to turn history around.

Yes we could have maybe signed Sanders but decided not to. And given the situation with him coming back from a major injury and his contract only going until the end of the season it made much more sense at that time to get Sanu.

Fine decision making, bad outcome. Unless anyone could have predicted him wrecking his ankle to the point that it might be a career ender there is not much there to discuss.
Please elaborate more. Who is turning around history? I am not saying anything bad of BB for getting Sanu. I am stating Sanders was on the table too for a lot cheaper price..

I'm not making anything up because last season on sports radio the topic was did BB give up too much in general to get Sanu...

Well at least you don't have his logo as your profile picture anymore.
He got tired of waiting for the commission from TB12 corporate. Lmfao

I think Bill finally got sick of Brady's entitlement attitude. Apparently, now he is so entitled to win, he doesn't need to shake the hand of the winning QB...
I see he did shake Rodgers hand. But I thought Covid or something. Weird.

I see he did shake Rodgers hand. But I thought Covid or something. Weird.

He's shakes if he wins...then he blames not shaking as something he didn't think about

Reactions: sb1
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey