PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not worried about the Pats... here's five reasons why...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good news is we may only play one maybe two road games at best in the playoffs. My confidence in this team at home is 100% vs 0% on the road. But they don't need to go 8-0 on the road in the playoffs. They just have to steal 2 games at the best. We can do that. But I won't bet on it

What the actual list should be

(1) You don't have Amazon Prime. So your replacement TV from after the Miami debacle hasn't arrived.

(2) You are a poster child for the opioid epidemic.

(3) You just got back from your honeymoon with your supermodel wife, and haven't had time to watch the Dolphins and Steelers from your DVR.

(4) You are a :eek: Jets fan.

(5) Ray Lewis killed you.

At this point I would like to amend reason 2 to, "You got into Josh Gordon's stash"

So basically:

Step 1: Bury head in the sand

Step 2: Bury head in the sand

Step 3: Bury head in the sand

Step 4: Bury head in the....
I think he said he’s not worried because they’ve given us so much over 18 years.

So even if we get bounced, how can we complain? Any other fan would laugh at us if we complained. Heck, I’d even laugh at a Pats fan if he/she complained

I said this 10 years ago when we only had 3 SB’s....

“One thing is guaranteed, this WILL end. And when it does, I’m just going to be grateful I got to witness it all.”

Or I can be a crybaby b****!!!:p

1. Staying away from radio/TV crap. Actually, that's gonna be permanent. Just this place, and the game. :)

2. Bill Belichick. GOAT coach.

3. Tom Brady. GOAT quarterback.

4. If they CAN figure it out, they will. If they CANT, then they can't. Simple as that.

5. How can a Pats fan really "worry" about the BB-TB12-era Pats? Haven't they given us enough years of football excellence to earn our trust? Every time there's adversity, is the response, "Ooh, they suck... they need to do better or they're TOAST!!!"

...to which TB might reply (you can lipread it)...

2oJHt9b.gif

(okay... mini-rant over) ;)

Did he say "Nice Shirt"?

Pats are dunzo. The years of poor drafting and trades that didn't work out caught up with them. The D is in absolute shambles most games and the offense isn't good enough to carry them any more.

Gronk is a shell of himself and Brady isi making mistakes bad QBs makes and Edelman has taken a step back.

BB isn't the man to rebuild this team and he may be getting to the point where the keys need to be taken away from him so he can no longer draft and trade players.

Again I ask...what team in the NFL is playing lights out football right now? Every team is struggling with maybe the exception of LAC.

Its wide open!

And for those that assume the Pat's will have to play at least 1 road game, that is not necessarily true. Let's say the Chargers win the division and the 1 seed. Pat's get the 2. Are the Chargers so good that they couldn't be upset at home by say the 5th seed Chiefs? Or say the Chiefs are so good they couldn't be upset by the 5th seed Chargers?

It is highly possible the Pats host Houston or Pittsburgh and the Chargers and Chiefs play each other in the Divisional round.

Pats are dunzo. The years of poor drafting and trades that didn't work out caught up with them. The D is in absolute shambles most games and the offense isn't good enough to carry them any more.

Gronk is a shell of himself and Brady isi making mistakes bad QBs makes and Edelman has taken a step back.

BB isn't the man to rebuild this team and he may be getting to the point where the keys need to be taken away from him so he can no longer draft and trade players.

BB is not infallable in the draft especially in the 2nd round. But how convenient it is for people to forget that we draft in the bottom 4 of the round and usually bottom 3 every ****ing year! Yet hits on nearly every 1st rounder.

Name one team over the past 20 years with a better draft record? Just one.

You're definitely sharing a pipe with JG.

Man I miss that Fiesty Brady this aged one is a little shaky.:) I am sure he knows the light is at the end of the tunnel and it's getting bright.:D:cool:
Yes the angry Brady is the one who takes leadership and Will's the offense to do their jobs and execute plays.. it is really his most productive gift in a team game. You gotta lead 11 guys that sometimes have their own agenda or are distracted in different situations.. focus..

So what is left now since the leadership requires all the practice work to back it up. Is this lacking? Is the team just not good enough to put it together or are they doubting the old guys abilities now which causes a chink in the team's armor?

All valid questions that only get answers on the playing field in real time when it matters. Then you throw in Gordongate and how the NFL has intervened in his come back to screw the Patriots. Can team rally around that take..?

I swear I keep switching from clear signs of demise vs. belief that coaching and brady can pull this back together.. we shall see:cool:

No the clip oldrover posted was from the 2011 Pats/Skins game. BOB ripped Tom a new one for missing Tiquan Underwood and you saw Tom's reaction.

here is the whole thing.

Did Tom miss Tiquan in the super bowl that year? Ha ha.

Funny if you read this board the patriots are done, have no talent and the dynasty is over and with 2 weeks left they still have a shot at the 1 seed.

They're probably like Mark Wahlberg and jumped ship when the Pats were down 28-3 in the SB.

Gordon was alright. He wasn't a major threat like he was 3 years ago, did not bring any major playmaking spark this year. Clear the slate and flood field with shiftiness. 21 package with burk and white will allow Brady to get ball out quick. Hogan/Patterson/Dorsett/Gronk stretch the field enough. Can we get a bomb TD to Patterson or Dorsett early in playoffs? would do wonders to open things up. This scheme hands keys to the goat, that's how it must be done. Sony one dimensional aspect is not good for this particular unit, maybe next year. I believe Burkhead needs to be a playoff hero to win #6.

I'm not worried, but am at peace with the 2018 squad. They just aren't good enough this season, but we can reload for 2019.

Reloading will be next to impossible given the current cap and roster situation. They need an entirely new defensive line and WR corps, probably a new starting TE, a new LT, and a few other pieces (LB, S). They need to do all of that and probably invest a pick or two into a QB. And rookies are unlikely to help much so they need to get all of that fixed through veteran free agency or trades. With 20M (30M once Gronk is gone).

At best, they can try a patchwork fix like this year. But with an aging and decaying core, and huge holes at expensive positions (DE, LT, starting WR, two DT etc) it’s going to be an off-season of hoping that if they add a dozen scrap heap guys, a few might overachieve like Van Noy, A.Branch etc.

A true reload means rebuild at this point. You could free up cap space by dumping declining, expensive guys like Edelman, Hightower and D.McCourty but their replacements are likely to be worse or similarly expensive. Any effort to free up cap is going to hurt the quality of the roster except maybe at TE since Gronk is so mediocre and replaceable most weeks

B.B. May be the greatest coach of all time, but he’s far from the greatest gm

Brady HAS to win one more super bowl. If anything to just ride off in the sunset like forehead did. But in this case, Brady won't have a HOF defense or a elite defense coach. And unlike forehead, he can still throw bombs to his offense.

he folded like a $3 street corner transvestite.
Speaking for both myself and all of my fellow $3 street corner transvestites (YOLO girlfriends!), I can't tell you how triggered I am right now.

And ah, y'know, go pats!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back