PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not worried about the Pats... here's five reasons why...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
1. Staying away from radio/TV crap. Actually, that's gonna be permanent. Just this place, and the game. :)

2. Bill Belichick. GOAT coach.

3. Tom Brady. GOAT quarterback.

4. If they CAN figure it out, they will. If they CANT, then they can't. Simple as that.

5. How can a Pats fan really "worry" about the BB-TB12-era Pats? Haven't they given us enough years of football excellence to earn our trust? Every time there's adversity, is the response, "Ooh, they suck... they need to do better or they're TOAST!!!"

...to which TB might reply (you can lipread it)...

2oJHt9b.gif

(okay... mini-rant over) ;)

Just having the best coach and QB isn't enough (and Brady isn't at that level anymore). The 10 years between Super Bowl wins proved that.

When they have a balanced roster, they win or come close. They don't have that. Belichick stinks at drafting.

very convincing argument lol.

they just look out of sync all year. brady has looked off all year. i dont know if its him specifically, the players around him, a combination of both, or what. but something hasnt looked right.

the defense is average to below average, and in a normal season the offense could make up for it. this year its been a struggle. and we will have to go on the road for at least 1 playoff game. hopefully houston loses 1 of the next two, and its only 1

1. Staying away from radio/TV crap. Actually, that's gonna be permanent. Just this place, and the game. :)

4. If they CAN figure it out, they will. If they CANT, then they can't. Simple as that.

5. How can a Pats fan really "worry" about the BB-TB12-era Pats? Haven't they given us enough years of football excellence to earn our trust? Every time there's adversity, is the response, "Ooh, they suck... they need to do better or they're TOAST!!!"

2oJHt9b.gif

Brady saying “Go check!”?

I've been doing this the last few weeks too, and it's becoming more clear to me how toxic it is to me personally. I just enjoy sports so much more when I'm not being bombarded with negativity and just watch the games. This place has it's share of debbie downers, but very very few of them are negative just for the hell of it. I'm going to try to make it permanent for me as well.

So basically:

Step 1: Bury head in the sand

Step 2: Bury head in the sand

Step 3: Bury head in the sand

Step 4: Bury head in the....

This was no pie in the sky post. Just a much-needed (at least for someone like me) walk back from the ledge, not allowing the noise to derail a sober calm appreciation for what we've had and acceptance of current circumstances.

I've been doing this the last few weeks too, and it's becoming more clear to me how toxic it is to me personally. I just enjoy sports so much more when I'm not being bombarded with negativity and just watch the games. This place has it's share of debbie downers, but very very few of them are negative just for the hell of it. I'm going to try to make it permanent for me as well.

Life is more fun being optimistic- but a the same time a realist.

Exactly. I don't need Adam Jones or Felger or that Ben Skywalker idiot lookalike DJ Bean to tell me the Pats have problems. They do have problems. I accept that.

I also know they have talent, a pedigree of winning when we don't think they will and a wide open AFC playoff picture.

Until they are knocked out, i'll be hopeful for the best.

Last edited:
Was that the time when Phillip Dorsett was wide open and Brady never saw him??
No the clip oldrover posted was from the 2011 Pats/Skins game. BOB ripped Tom a new one for missing Tiquan Underwood and you saw Tom's reaction.

here is the whole thing.

2oJHt9b.gif

Man I miss that Fiesty Brady this aged one is a little shaky.:) I am sure he knows the light is at the end of the tunnel and it's getting bright.:D:cool:

I only listen to sports radio when the Pats win. Even then it's only to catch the interviews with Brady, BB or another player (current or former - I've always liked Troy Brown). If they lose, it's music for me until the next win. It helps immensely with your sanity.

Yes, Brady will remain GOAT even if they lose the next two and miss the playoffs.

Thanks rob forgot about that one.:D
Ive never been able to make out Tom's sentence before the "No s__t" remark.

It looks like he said, "You f__ing called it" but I don't think thats right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes