PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not So Hard Roster Projection

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s hard to take anything he says with any credibility, considering his deranged obsession with proving he is right rather than considering an alternative opinion when presented with new facts.

Your statement is equivalent to saying, “Hey, Ted Wells went to Harvard and knows the technicalities of the law better than any attorney in NYC, and he has top notch investigative skills” while ignoring his bias, stubbornness, and mangled conclusions.

No it's not. I'll bet you cannot provide me with one "Andy" post that doesn't have some merit to it.

The dude is a valuable asset to this forum and I continually see him being casted as an "argumentative troll" which is bull shyt.

I agree he has zero diplomacy skills but his posts do have value.

If the true goal is to understand football at a higher level on this forum then Andy is an asset. If the goal is to avoid confrontation or being called out for some innocuous reason then "ignore" Andy.

No it's not. I'll bet you cannot provide me with one "Andy" post that doesn't have some merit to it.

The dude is a valuable asset to this forum and I continually see him being casted as an "argumentative troll" which is bull shyt.

I agree he has zero diplomacy skills but his posts do have value.

If the true goal is to understand football at a higher level on this forum then Andy is an asset. If the goal is to avoid confrontation or being called out for some innocuous reason then "ignore" Andy.

A troll he is not. As for being argumentative, he thrives on it. Loves it. Just look at how bummed he was when they shut down the butler mega thread. He even created another butler thread just to keep the debate going.

Depth Chart

Offense ---> 23

QB -> Brady, Hoyer = 2
HB -> Burkhead, White, Michel, Hill = 4
FB -> Develin = 1
WR -> Hogan, Dorsett, Decker, Britt, Patterson = 5
TE -> Gronkowski, Allen, Hollister = 3
OL -> Brown, Wynn, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, Cannon, Waddle, Croston = 8

Defense ---> 24
DE -> Clayborn, Wise, Flowers, Rivers, Davis = 5
DT -> Shelton, Guy, Brown, Butler = 4
LB -> Hightower, Van Noy, Roberts, Bentley, Flowers = 5
CB -> Gilmore, McCourty, Dawson, Jackson, Rowe, Jones = 6
S -> McCourty, Chung, Harmon, Pleasant = 4

ST -> Slater, Gostkowski, Cardona, Bojorquez = 4

= 51

Add 2 of the following:
Mitchell
Berrios
Lewis
Sam
Valentine

A troll he is not. As for being argumentative, he thrives on it. Loves it. Just look at how bummed he was when they shut down the butler mega thread. He even created another butler thread just to keep the debate going.

I've read just about every Andy post and most of the time I can see where he is coming from whether I disagree with him or not.

This "argumentative" BS is simply a label applied to him to avoid discussing the facts with him.

I'll bet if you provided me with one Andy post that you find "argumentative" I could come back with a sound reason of why he posted it. Actually I think most could do that on their own but would rather lazily resort to some kind of reputation BS.

The fact is that Andy knows his football better than most but unfortunately has zero diplomacy skills (and his keyboard sucks :D), although I would argue he has improved dramatically over the last few seasons, and therefore is quickly labeled as an argumentative troll.

Oh there are many who come here for the sake of argument.

87255BCC-3FC8-4802-BE96-A1CAC3D8E7A3.gif
Guilty as charged. But usually healthy arguments related to football.

Oh there are many who come here for the sake of argument.

This "argumentative" BS is simply a label applied to him to avoid discussing the facts with him.

I'll bet if you provided me with one Andy post that you find "argumentative" I could come back with a sound reason of why he posted it.
giphy.gif

Look, any roster projection that doesn't include Bolden making the team is fake news.

Great job guys but I am not a fan of this premature roster projection but I know it's fun for some of you.;) That said word on the Foxboro streets is that WR Riley McCarron is a Edelman clone. Most of us haven't seen him play but when we do and if he flashes that ability one has to wonder. :cool:

Roster projection megathread? Roster projection megathread.

QB (2): 12 Brady, 2 Hoyer
RB (5): __ Michel, 34 Burkhead, 28 White, 38 Bolden, 46 Develin
WR (6): 15 Hogan, 13 Dorsett, 84 Patterson, 19 Mitchell, 17 McCarron, 18 Slater
TE (3): 87 Gronkowski, 83 Allen, 47 Hollister
OL (9): 77 Brown, 62 Thuney, 60 Andrews, 69 Mason, 61 Cannon, __ Wynn, 75 Karras, 68 Waddle, 74 Croston
DL (5): 71 Shelton, 93 Guy, 90 Brown, 70 Butler, 99 Valentine
EDGE (5): 98 Flowers, 94 Clayborn, 91 Wise, 55 Lee, 95 Rivers
LB (5): 54 Hightower, 53 Van Noy, 52 Roberts, 59 Flowers, __ Bentley
CB (5): 24 Gilmore, 25 Rowe, __ Dawson, 30 McCourty, __ Crossen
S (5): 32 McCourty, 23 Chung, 21 Harmon, 37 Richards, 36 King
ST (3): 3 Gostkowski, 6 Allen, 49 Cardona
PUP/NFI/Jail: 11 Edelman, 31 Jones, 41 Jones, 43 Ebner, 88 Britt

If/when J. Jones, Ebner, and Britt come off PUP before the season, they respectively take the spots of Crossen, Rivers, and Mitchell.

Bubble players who made it onto my 53 and could easily be cut: McCarron, Lee, Rivers, Bentley, Crossen, Richards

Bubble players who didn't make my 53 but definitely have a chance: Hill, Gillislee, Berrios, Langi, Grissom, Davis, Sam, Jackson, Moore, Pleasant.

Nice job: but you have Kenny Britt going to PUP I thought he tried to practice recently??:confused: Malcolm Mitchell making it on the Roster would be a miracle after all the things we have heard. I think Eric Decker even if its for a year could be a Danny Amendola type fit. I think the only way Berrios makes it is if he tears it up in the Preseason Games.

Last edited:
Nice job: but you have Kenny Britt going to PUP I thought he tried to practice recently??:confused: Malcolm Mitchell making it on the Roster would be a miracle after all the things we have heard. I think Eric Decker even if its for a year could be a Danny Amendola type fit. I think the only way Berrios makes it is if he tears it up in the Preseason Games.

That post is obsolete by now. I'll post another 53 after the first PS game.

Britt is not on the PUP. Assuming MM dosent make it there is still Decker.
Hogan, Patterson and Dorsett are most likely in. They will probably carry Decker and Britt also with Slater. Unless Decker Flames out in which he will be cut for a rookie. Or perhaps Britt does not get healthy enough over the next week or two and they IR him stashing him away for the rest of the year. Then a rookie can be kept

Britt was on the PUP when I posted that.

QB (2): Brady, Hoyer
RB (5): Michel, Burkhead, White, Hill/Gillislee, Devlin
WR(5): Hogan, Britt, Dorsett, Patterson, Berrios
TE (3): Gronk, Allen, Hollister
OL (8): Brown, Wynn, Thuney, Andrews, Mason, Cannon, Waddle, Karras

DT (4): Brown, Guy, Shelton, Valentine
DE (6): Flowers, Clayborn, Wise, Rivers, Butler, Lee
LB (5): Hightower, KVN, Flowers, Robert, Langi
CB (5): Gilmore, McCourty, Rowe, J. Jones, Dawson
S (4): McCourty, Chung, Harmon, Richards/Pleasant

ST (6): Gos, Cardona, Allen, Slater, King, Ebner

Suspended (1): Edelman

- 2 QB (Etling to the PS)
- Add one WR (I think Decker) until Edelman returns, then someone gets cut
- I think this is the year Richards goes bye-bye
- One of the two rookie LBs will make the squad
- Crossen is interesting to me

Agree. I've learned quite a bit from Andy. Once he gets that "Debate Frenzy" rolling its tough to stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes