PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Norway Loves The Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, they conquered it. That 15% translates to 30% in my father, who was half "French" and half Irish, so it really represents 60% of my father's "French" ancestry.

Nah. I almost said "conquered", myself, but you can only be said to've conquered land if you win it outright...and the Vikings of Normandy couldn't rest sovereignty away from France, instead agreeing to hold it as a Fiefdom.

Normandy was never independent, despite the power of its Dukes, even though Normans forged tales of glory and mayhem...Kind'f like Texas, as Texas never won its independence, a fact that'll probably surprise 99% who read it. :eek:

and now is the time for the ol' "Joe Kerr Goes To Finland" story...

so anyway, I land in Finland like the kitchen sink and the first thing I do in Helsinki is look for a bar....the concierge at the Lapland Hilton directs me down the reindeer trail to the local watering hole...so, I snowshoe on down to this packed pub and stand in line to enter...finally I get to the doorman and he says.."it's a fin to get in.." so I pay Sven D. Gethere the money and sidle up to the antler bar to get a drink. The bartender's name was Michael Finn...I order my drink and woke up two days later dressed as a Valkyrie wearing a red breastplate worbla and sporting a five alarm hangover....still not sure what happened but the gynecologist suggested I name the twins Sven and Olaf...:confused::confused::confused::confused:

and now is the time for the ol' "Joe Kerr Goes To Finland" story...

so anyway, I land in Finland like the kitchen sink and the first thing I do in Helsinki is look for a bar....the concierge at the Lapland Hilton directs me down the reindeer trail to the local watering hole...so, I snowshoe on down to this packed pub and stand in line to enter...finally I get to the doorman and he says.."it's a fin to get in.." so I pay Sven D. Gethere the money and sidle up to the antler bar to get a drink. The bartender's name was Michael Finn...I order my drink and woke up two days later dressed as a Valkyrie wearing a red breastplate worbla and sporting a five alarm hangover....still not sure what happened but the gynecologist suggested I name the twins Sven and Olaf...:confused::confused::confused::confused:
So your name "Joe" really is short for Josephine?

Josephesa...I'm part Abyssinian

We play the Vikings, that bar burns.

I'm half french canadien, maybe I'm part Viking. I have to get a DNA test, my irish wife had her DNA tested, turns out, she's Scottish and polish.

I order my drink and woke up two days later dressed as a Valkyrie wearing a red breastplate worbla and sporting a five alarm hangover.

Some of the folks round here call that experience..."Saturday".

Didn't the forum used to have a list of Patriots bars (I think it was limited to cities with opposing teams)? We need a worldwide list!

Ask Ian if it's something he'd sticky. If he says it is, you can start it and have people add to it. And, as the thread starter, you could keep editing things into your OP, to make it easier for people to follow. I did that with a League wide twitter feed list, although that eventually got deleted for one reason or another.

Reactions: PP2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back