Sep 12th

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:
Status
Not open for further replies.

mosslost

Pro Bowl Player

patriot1136

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
This is pretty sweet. I am jealous actually. It is better decorated than the Pats bar I go to here.
Always wanted to go to Norway too.

Off The Grid

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Here's hoping that they still love us if we play the Vikings in the Super Bowl. :eek:

True Story: Did y'all know that the Vikings were one nation? One language? That the Danes, Swedes, and Norwegians were all one'nd the same?

So basically they got separated by tribal rivalries and ended up spinning off 3 different nations...Kind'f like the Latins ~ Romans, if you like ~ splitting up into the French, Spanish, Italians, Lusitanians (Portuguese, to you Earthlings), and Dacians.

What??? Nobody gives a pharq??? I'm shocked, I tells ya!! :eek:

The Brandon Five

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
Here's hoping that they still love us if we play the Vikings in the Super Bowl. :eek:

True Story: Did y'all know that the Vikings were one nation? One language? That the Danes, Swedes, and Norwegians were all one'nd the same?

So basically they got separated by tribal rivalries and ended up spinning off 3 different nations...Kind'f like the Latins ~ Romans, if you like ~ splitting up into the French, Spanish, Italians, Lusitanians (Portuguese, to you Earthlings), and Dacians.

What??? Nobody gives a pharq??? I'm shocked, I tells ya!! :eek:

The Vikings also settled Normandy which is where all the Quebecois came from, so all of us French-Canadians are actually Vikings (which explains why my AncestryDNA results had me scratching my head about being 15% Scandinavian).

Rollo - Wikipedia

Off The Grid

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
The Vikings also settled Normandy which is where all the Quebecois came from, so all of us French-Canadians are actually Vikings (which explains why my AncestryDNA results had me scratching my head about being 15% Scandinavian).

Rollo - Wikipedia

The Vikings didn't settle Normandy. The Romans settled Normandy, at least in the sense of conquering it from the Gauls, and subsequently lost the Province to the Franks, who in turn were compelled by force of arms to lease it to the Vikings.

And of course the "Normans" of Viking/Frankish/Roman/Celtic lineage forged extraordinary careers in Britain, Italy, and elsewhere.

But all Quebecois are not necessarily Vikings, Bro. Not even close.

But that 15% mark sounds about right.

The Brandon Five

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly NFL Picks Winner
The Vikings didn't settle Normandy. The Romans settled Normandy, at least in the sense of conquering it from the Gauls, and subsequently lost the Province to the Franks, who in turn were compelled by force of arms to lease it to the Vikings.

And of course the "Normans" of Viking/Frankish/Roman/Celtic lineage forged extraordinary careers in Britain, Italy, and elsewhere.

But all Quebecois are not necessarily Vikings, Bro. Not even close.

But that 15% mark sounds about right.

Ok, they conquered it. That 15% translates to 30% in my father, who was half "French" and half Irish, so it really represents 60% of my father's "French" ancestry.

Status
Not open for further replies.