PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Norway Loves The Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

archstanton543

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
My friend is on vacation in Norway (why he's doing it this time of year, I'll never know) and he found a Patriots bar at the Alesund airport in Norway. He was nice enough to send me a couple of pics.

pats 1.jpg pats 2.jpg pats 1.jpg pats 2.jpg pats 1.jpg pats 2.jpg pats 1.jpg pats 2.jpg

Loved my Viking Homelands cruise & tours of Norway. My fear that we would be forced to consume sardines was ill-founded.
Wife was captured by Patriots hating Vikings fans in Stockholm but was successfully rescued.IMG_0002.jpg

Nice. Has a "Larry Bird's Boston Connection" (Terre Haute, IN) feel to it.

Regards,
Chris

The place is called O'Learys, it is part of a chain that is all over Scandinavia. We have two of them in the Copenhagen Airport.

I believe a woman from Boston married a Swede and started the chain in Sweden.

The place is called O'Learys, it is part of a chain that is all over Scandinavia. We have two of them in the Copenhagen Airport.

I believe a woman from Boston married a Swede and started the chain in Sweden.

O'Learys are all over in Denmark. Fantastic Sports pub with Boston Sports on the Walls

Irish Pub in Boston :)

This is pretty sweet. I am jealous actually. It is better decorated than the Pats bar I go to here.
Always wanted to go to Norway too.

Didn't the forum used to have a list of Patriots bars (I think it was limited to cities with opposing teams)? We need a worldwide list!

Here's hoping that they still love us if we play the Vikings in the Super Bowl. :eek:

True Story: Did y'all know that the Vikings were one nation? One language? That the Danes, Swedes, and Norwegians were all one'nd the same?

So basically they got separated by tribal rivalries and ended up spinning off 3 different nations...Kind'f like the Latins ~ Romans, if you like ~ splitting up into the French, Spanish, Italians, Lusitanians (Portuguese, to you Earthlings), and Dacians.

What??? Nobody gives a pharq??? I'm shocked, I tells ya!! :eek:

Here's hoping that they still love us if we play the Vikings in the Super Bowl. :eek:

True Story: Did y'all know that the Vikings were one nation? One language? That the Danes, Swedes, and Norwegians were all one'nd the same?

So basically they got separated by tribal rivalries and ended up spinning off 3 different nations...Kind'f like the Latins ~ Romans, if you like ~ splitting up into the French, Spanish, Italians, Lusitanians (Portuguese, to you Earthlings), and Dacians.

What??? Nobody gives a pharq??? I'm shocked, I tells ya!! :eek:

The Vikings also settled Normandy which is where all the Quebecois came from, so all of us French-Canadians are actually Vikings (which explains why my AncestryDNA results had me scratching my head about being 15% Scandinavian).

Rollo - Wikipedia

The Vikings also settled Normandy which is where all the Quebecois came from, so all of us French-Canadians are actually Vikings (which explains why my AncestryDNA results had me scratching my head about being 15% Scandinavian).

Rollo - Wikipedia

The Vikings didn't settle Normandy. The Romans settled Normandy, at least in the sense of conquering it from the Gauls, and subsequently lost the Province to the Franks, who in turn were compelled by force of arms to lease it to the Vikings.

And of course the "Normans" of Viking/Frankish/Roman/Celtic lineage forged extraordinary careers in Britain, Italy, and elsewhere.

But all Quebecois are not necessarily Vikings, Bro. Not even close.

But that 15% mark sounds about right.

The Vikings didn't settle Normandy. The Romans settled Normandy, at least in the sense of conquering it from the Gauls, and subsequently lost the Province to the Franks, who in turn were compelled by force of arms to lease it to the Vikings.

And of course the "Normans" of Viking/Frankish/Roman/Celtic lineage forged extraordinary careers in Britain, Italy, and elsewhere.

But all Quebecois are not necessarily Vikings, Bro. Not even close.

But that 15% mark sounds about right.

Ok, they conquered it. That 15% translates to 30% in my father, who was half "French" and half Irish, so it really represents 60% of my father's "French" ancestry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes