PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry (lack of) Progress Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
See when you watch football on tv you can’t see the entire field. We can’t tell if Harry is open because Newton can’t pass more that 10 yards down the field. When Stidham got in and actually passed the ball he hit and missed wide open rb’s and wr’s

That route and physicality on that TD catch by Harry was what Gronk used to do. The other TD catch he had earlier this year was also a similar Gronk-like route and catch. He should have more of these same passes to him in the red zone. Let him use his physicality.

See when you watch football on tv you can’t see the entire field. We can’t tell if Harry is open because Newton can’t pass more that 10 yards down the field. When Stidham got in and actually passed the ball he hit and missed wide open rb’s and wr’s

Case in point from last week:

Yea that's it. Must be Brady, Newton, Hoyer, Stidham didn't see Harry open 20 times a game. Harry has a 55% pathetic catch percentage and averages 8 yards a catch not because he's a bust but because so many QBs can't see how wide open he is all the time. Even though they actually measure this and know Harry actually has the lowest separation among all WRs on the team.

That route and physicality on that TD catch by Harry was what Gronk used to do. The other TD catch he had earlier this year was also a similar Gronk-like route and catch. He should have more of these same passes to him in the red zone. Let him use his physicality.

To be honest Harry basically shoves the guy past the 5 yards of scrimmage. But whatever. He's playing for a job at this point, I get it.

Yea that's it. Must be Brady, Newton, Hoyer, Stidham didn't see Harry open 20 times a game. Harry has a 55% pathetic catch percentage and averages 8 yards a catch not because he's a bust but because so many QBs can't see how wide open he is all the time. Even though they actually measure this and know Harry actually has the lowest separation among all WRs on the team.

My biggest issue with Harry right now is simply that other players have shown bright flashes and despite the situation and Harry really never has. Though I will say, because of where he was picked and the excitement around him I think he is getting a little too much anger because it's a little disheartening that we finally made a big pick for a flashy skill player early in the draft after years of going trench guys (which sadly just isn't the sexiest and most exciting story most years)

I'm glad Harry got the redzone TD. But there wasn't much else to celebrate. If we had DK Metcalf instead, you know a LOT more posters would be happy about that pick. Instead we traded the rights to DK Metcalf to the Seahawks. The rest is history. Our WR scouting departent is a JOKE.

**** Matt Chatham.
How is he still employed at the athletic? Not trying to be a **** bc I know he knows more than me but I get nothing from him at all. I really don't. Maybe he was good before? Idk but lately all I think about is @KontradictioN talking about him sniffing Bill's chair after he leaves.

How is he still employed at the athletic? Not trying to be a **** bc I know he knows more than me but I get nothing from him at all. I really don't. Maybe he was good before? Idk but lately all I think about is @KontradictioN talking about him sniffing Bill's chair after he leaves.
Chatham after stealing Bill’s soiled undies after he comes out of hiding in the locker room, postgame. Start at 0:48...

Walter White, your (typical) butthurt has been duly noted.

That being said...I liken N'Keal's presence on the team as my attitude toward my coworkers: it's beyond my control whoever else my bosses employ. I will always hope my coworkers step up or be cut...but if they're going to remain, I'll always pull for them to better themselves. This board's majority opinion toward N'Keal borders on the ridiculous and deranged peevish. BB has full control over these matters, and I believe beyond a shadow of a doubt that he has proven himself worthy of the title of GM.

Last edited:
If you spent $100+ on a N'Keal Harry jersey you should be the one pissed off.
It was a cheap knock-off...but thanks for asking!! A cheap knock-off--kind of like certain posters!! Or should I say posers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back