PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nick Mangold released

Status
Not open for further replies.
It says alot about the jests when their best player on the offensive side's nick mangold. He was injured last year but he had a pro bowl year in 2015.
I see where you're going with this but Mangold's not a great example. In his prime he would've been the best offensive player on a lot of teams. Who was a better center during his Jets tenure?

I'd like to see that same statistic for 1999-2005 as well.
2005:

Thomas Davis (CAR)
Derrick Johnson (KC)
Aaron Rodgers (GB)
Jonathan Babineaux (ATL) - Falcons career rumored to be over though
Dustin Colquitt (KC)

2004:

Larry Fitzgerald (ARI)
Ben Roethlisberger (PIT)
Eli Manning and Philip Rivers are still with the teams that they started their career with, but they were traded for each other during draft day. So technically they don't count.

2003:

Terrell Suggs (BAL)
Jason Witten (DAL)

2002:

- (only three still active, Julius Peppers, Josh McCown and Dwight Freeney)

2001:

- (with Steve Smith's retirement, only Drew Brees still active)

2000:

Tom Brady (NWE)
Sebastian Janikowski (OAK)

1999:

- (the last time a player of this draft was active was 2013 with Brandon Stokeley and Champ Bailey)

Add 9mil for Revis and 8mil for Sheldon (though I'd prefer keeping him and trading Wilk).

Decent cap space then.

May also look at releasing Gilchrist (7mil) and Harris (6.5). Think these depend on the draft.

Heck Marshall and Decker may even be on the cutting block.
-----------
Sucks to see Mangold go, but it was the smart move. I'm sure he still has a couple pro bowl seasons left in the tank and supposedly is a great teammate.

But he is 33 and his backup (Johnson) did play better than expected last season.

It'd be weird seeing him in NE but honestly I wouldn't care much. A guy like him deserves to go wherever he wants to wrap up his career.

Did you account for their dead cap money impact?

The Pats are capable of doing more than one thing at a time. Absolute no-brainer to take a look.
Signing Mangold will improve the Pats and PO the Jets fans and maybe even the Omissioner. Also, in conjunction with Revis's winning a ring with us, it's the equivalent of having a huge billboard over MetLife Stadium saying "Want a ring? Join the Pats!"

I am expecting more releases from the jests.

Imagine the number of Jets fans stealing bicycles in order to drive to bridges, if the Patriots grabbed Mangold and Revis on the cheap, both players had bounce back years, and the Patriots won another SB.

Sounds like the YETS are in rebuild mode still......:rolleyes:

Imagine the number of Jets fans stealing bicycles in order to drive to CLIFFS, if the Patriots grabbed Mangold and Revis on the cheap, both players had bounce back years, and the Patriots won another SB.

Fixed it for you :)

White dude? Check.
Looks like a Viking? Check.

Seems to meet all BB's ideal offensive lineman criteria. Chances are we sign him.

If they don't pay much, rooster is 90. Kick the tires.

They need secondary help awfully bad so they definitely are making that a priority.
Then you weaken the Pats and get someone who has practiced against Brady and co and has won 2 Superbowls.

If they release Marshall release Revis as well as some other underperforming high priced players.

They can easily afford Ryan or Hightower as well as a QB like Romo or Cutler.
They can pry get either QB for 10 to 12 Million.
Logan Ryan maxes out at 8.5 they may view him as a starter.
Just giving my opinions

how do you figure? after cutting those two the jets have 30 mill of space. 5 mil for rookies leave 25 mill. Hightowers 1st year hit will likely be at least 8 mill, Ryan 5 mill that is 1/2 of the 25 right there, say 12 at min for cutler- romo more. So that is what they go into next season with, what about LT, center, OLB? TE, WR

If he can get anywhere even close to 100% (even 80% is fine) he could be an upgrade for us.

Would he take a big paycut to come here? That's the question.

Agreed - I always assume no until given a reason to think otherwise, probably the same deal here.

Not sure why the Jets would grab Cutler.
A) He's a turnover machine. B) Attitude issues.

Mangold would be a huge lift to the OL.

Imagine the number of Jets fans stealing bicycles in order to drive to bridges, if the Patriots grabbed Mangold and Revis on the cheap, both players had bounce back years, and the Patriots won another SB.

Makes sense, that's what jets mean when they call it a bridge year.

Oh i want to sign him, havnt thought about injuries/money/upgrade or not, simply for the pleasure of reading the jets boards when it happens.

Is it wrong that their misery brings me vast amounts of joy still?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes