PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nick Mangold released

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much cap space they have now? Hightower's not going anywhere

They will have about 55 million in cap space after they reduce Amendola, release Vollmer, and tag Hightower. To give some perspective in that they had 5 million to start free agency last offseason, and 10 million in cap space to start the season, they know what they are doing.

Sign him and you solve your IOL issues immediately. He can help both guards if they have issues. Mangold has been a player who does it all right and deserves to be on a winner. Also it will piss Jets fans off. IT is a win-win-win.

You don't trade him. He's the quality back up for a 33 year old C who missed 8 games last season.

And odds are Mangold would probably hang it up in a year or two anyways.

As Fred Kirsch likes to say, "Here's a Fun Fact!"

With Nick Mangold's pending release, there are now only 11 players out of the 255 drafted in 2006 still with the team that drafted them:
Chad Greenway (Vikings)
Tamba Hali (Chiefs)
Marcedes Lewis (Jaguars)
Andrew Whitworth (Bengals)
Jahri Evans (Saints)
Stephen Gostkowski (Patriots)
Domata Peko (Bengals)
Kyle Williams (Bills)
Kedric Golston (Redskins)
Sam Koch (Ravens)
Zach Strief (Saints).

Many of these guys (except Ghost) are either FAs this year or are close to/going to retirement. So that number could dwindle in a few weeks.

Yes. Sign a 33 year old that missed half the season when there are more important signings to make.

latest

Yes. Sign a 33 year old that missed half the season when there are more important signings to make.

latest

The guy's probably the best center in the league even from the sidelines. He will be healthy next season. He can still play.

Jets are targeting Logan Ryan and or Hightower I bet and bet they go after Romo Or Cutler.

How do you propose they manage their cap to sign these 3 very expensive FAs?

"We are all Jets fans now!"

They need secondary help awfully bad so they definitely are making that a priority.
Then you weaken the Pats and get someone who has practiced against Brady and co and has won 2 Superbowls.

If they release Marshall release Revis as well as some other underperforming high priced players.

They can easily afford Ryan or Hightower as well as a QB like Romo or Cutler.
They can pry get either QB for 10 to 12 Million.
Logan Ryan maxes out at 8.5 they may view him as a starter.
Just giving my opinions

They need secondary help awfully bad so they definitely are making that a priority.
Then you weaken the Pats and get someone who has practiced against Brady and co and has won 2 Superbowls.

If they release Marshall release Revis as well as some other underperforming high priced players.

They can easily afford Ryan or Hightower as well as a QB like Romo or Cutler.
They can pry get either QB for 10 to 12 Million.
Logan Ryan maxes out at 8.5 they may view him as a starter.
Just giving my opinions

I can see them going after a corner but idk if it will be ryan. The jests need to release more players.

...Just giving my opinions

Well, OK, but you expressed it as a fact, something that is happening now. "Jets are..." I was going to ask you for a link.

Is he the one where some players were being cruel regarding his sister's looks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back