PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Wild Card: Steelers at Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please tell me someone else is watching Deion sulk and ***** about the burgh losing.

Look at the haters Dilfer and Jackson making excuses for Pitts. Yeah they played hurt, but what teams doesn't? The Broncos flat out outplayed them plain and simple. Sorry, for all the talk about #1 defense, the Steelers got freaking owned today. Not even Big Ben being 100% could have changed that!

To be fair, the Pats defense would suck if it lost Wilfork and Deaderick early in the game the way that Pitt lost Hampton and Keisel.

I think that if Ben was 100%, this game would have been significantly different.

Last edited:
To be fair, the Pats defense would suck if it lost Wilfork and Deaderick early in the game the way that Pitt lost Hampton and Keisel.

I think that if Ben was 100%, this game would have been significantly different.

Big ben didn't allow a huge touchdown pass like that did he? My point is the pats have lost plenty of players prior to kickoff or during the game, but they had to adjust and piece it together too. And I believe Big Ben is prob 95%. I don't believe the hype about the ankle.

Agree.

One of the most interesting things about this game tonight was that the Steelers came in allowing only 6 plays of 30 or more yards. Well... they gave up FIVE against Tebow and the Broncos. Many can point to the absence of Ryan Clark, but the bottom line is the Broncos took advantage of poor man coverage and on that Thomas touchdown, Mundy feigned blitz and was LATE dropping back to help the perpetually victimized Ike Taylor.

Game over. Go Pats!! :rocker:

I just think Pittsburgh was completely unprepared for Denver to pass the way they did. Without going over every game, I have to guess this was the most and best Denver passed all season with Tebow. It was a twist for which the Steelers were unprepared. I can't see them surprising the Patriots to nearly that extent next week.

He never has been and never will be a "pocket passer". And being gimpy takes away what he does best and that is turn dog poop into gold after throwing a DT off his back, rolling out of the pocket and finding an open receiver because the DB stopped running because he thought Ben was sacked.

Phewww that was a long sentence. I hope PatsWickedPissah is watching mystery theater and not reading this post. :D

cough, Carter, Wright, Chung, Spikes, Made of Glass, etc......

Did Tebow break Twitter??

I told people all week that this game reminded me of the Saints vs Seahawks game last year. Both games had so many similarities leading up to the actual game. Us Pats fans are so use to fighting with Steeler fans. It's been going on for years now. Good luck to your boys next week in SF!

Well the 8-8 team thing is similar, and the injuries are similar. Except we had way more injuries, but the difference between hasselbeck and Tebow is pretty vast, and Seahawks have some pretty good receivers.
This is a completely demoralizing loss for the invulnerable steel curtain #1 defense in the NFL. Im not sure you can ever get over being knocked out of the playoffs by the rookie baby jesus.
You have forum fodder for years,lol
Thanks :) we're going to need it SF is not a joke, very difficult game for the boys. Wish your guys luck also. I have faith your boys will come to play and advance to the AFC championship.

Last edited:
This is hilarity, Deion is so pissed I love it. He is *****ing about one of the penalties on Steelers. Unreal.

I swear to you my shirt came off when he caught it and when he broke the last tackle my pants and underwear went flying.

:ban?:

OverShare Violation. :nono:

15 Yards.

Loss of DOWN.

Holy ****, I took my underwear off as well and started jumping like a mad man.
Had I been in your house, we might've had incidental contact of penises which would have been awkward...

-Jamman

:ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh: :ugh:

I just think Pittsburgh was completely unprepared for Denver to pass the way they did. Without going over every game, I have to guess this was the most and best Denver passed all season with Tebow. It was a twist for which the Steelers were unprepared. I can't see them surprising the Patriots to nearly that extent next week.

Good point. The element of surprise worked to Denver's favor as far as downfield passing is concerned. As for the match-up on Saturday night, I doubt New England plays man defense outside, and can see them playing zones that prevent big plays downfield. Try to encourage Denver to string together long scoring drives to eat up clock while the New England offense does what it does best...

Last edited:
I don't think I have seen anything as hilarious/uncomfortable as Merrill Hoge being forced to sit live on national television nervously twiddling his fingers and making ridiculous excuses ( he even whipped out the injury excuse) for the Steeler's performance. It's priceless.

No excuses from me. The Broncos deserved to win that game. That's what a real defensive meltdown looks like. Best of luck the rest of the way. Poor execution byy the players, terrible playcalling and gameplanning by our coordinators, and inability to adjust on the fly. There's plenty of blame to go around, but thhis loss is inexcuseable. If your Pats don't crush Tebow and the Broncos next week, well.....I might have to start going to church again.

No excuses from me. The Broncos deserved to win that game. That's what a real defensive meltdown looks like. Best of luck the rest of the way. Poor execution byy the players, terrible playcalling and gameplanning by our coordinators, and inability to adjust on the fly. There's plenty of blame to go around, but thhis loss is inexcuseable. If your Pats don't crush Tebow and the Broncos next week, well.....I might have to start going to church again.

You and me both. Sorry about the loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes