PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Wild Card: Steelers at Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
No excuses from me. The Broncos deserved to win that game. That's what a real defensive meltdown looks like. Best of luck the rest of the way. Poor execution byy the players, terrible playcalling and gameplanning by our coordinators, and inability to adjust on the fly. There's plenty of blame to go around, but thhis loss is inexcuseable. If your Pats don't crush Tebow and the Broncos next week, well.....I might have to start going to church again.

Your a class act. Would of enjoyed reading your posts this week had the Steelers been the match up this week. Good luck next season.

No excuses from me. The Broncos deserved to win that game. That's what a real defensive meltdown looks like. Best of luck the rest of the way. Poor execution byy the players, terrible playcalling and gameplanning by our coordinators, and inability to adjust on the fly. There's plenty of blame to go around, but thhis loss is inexcuseable. If your Pats don't crush Tebow and the Broncos next week, well.....I might have to start going to church again.

Class post. I don't envy your off season. We know what it feels like, but it wasn't as bad as what you will endure. Id shut the TV off for a week if I were you.

Last edited:
Your a class act. Would of enjoyed reading your posts this week had the Steelers been the match up this week. Good luck next season.

Thanks. This one is gonna take some time to get over I think. Good thing the offseason is long.

Class post. I don't envy your off season. We know what it feels like, but it wasn't as bad as what you will endure.

It's gonna be tough. I'm going to have to try to stay away from all media outlets for a while...TV, radio, newspapers.....and of course sharp objects and tall buildings/bridges.

It's gonna be tough. I'm going to have to try to stay away from all media outlets for a while...TV, radio, newspapers.....and of course sharp objects and tall buildings/bridges.

lolol, your pretty cool. We're a luckier fan base I guess.. we are pretty used to losing. Try drinking until september it works for us.

Last edited:
I just think Pittsburgh was completely unprepared for Denver to pass the way they did. Without going over every game, I have to guess this was the most and best Denver passed all season with Tebow. It was a twist for which the Steelers were unprepared. I can't see them surprising the Patriots to nearly that extent next week.

How were they unprepared? Tomlin spent all week warning them about the deep ball. It's the Denver bread and butter.

s5Q0U.jpg

NFL Wild Card: Steelers at Broncos
By: John Morgan

The final game of wild card weekend holds by far the most interest to fans of the New England Patriots, as the winner will playing the Pats in Foxboro on Saturday night. Some Pats fans are rooting for the Steelers for the chance to avenge the regular seas...

Semi-Nostradamus, considering how so many didn't give the Broncos any chance whatsoever of winning today, even if you were off on the point total; you just needed to add ten points for each team.

Prediction – Upset Special: Broncos 19, Steelers 13

How were they unprepared? Tomlin spent all week warning them about the deep ball. It's the Denver bread and butter.

They didn't defend it! The corners were getting beat consistantly, and still Polamalu is lurking at the LOS every play. They needed safety help, but instead they just let them continue to get burnt. I understand you need to contain Tebow, but we have two very highly paid LB who could have been assigned that task. The pass rush wasn't getting there, and the secondary paid the price.

lolol, your pretty cool. We're a luckier fan base I guess.. we are pretty used to losing. Try drinking until september it works for us.

An alcohol-induced coma sounds like a pretty good idea right now.

Good luck to your Saints. They look pretty damn good right now. Hoping to see them represent the NFC this year.

They didn't defend it! The corners were getting beat consistantly, and still Polamalu is lurking at the LOS every play. They needed safety help, but instead they just let them continue to get burnt. I understand you need to contain Tebow, but we have two very highly paid LB who could have been assigned that task. The pass rush wasn't getting there, and the secondary paid the price.
As a SS, that's really Polamalu's job. Deep part of the field is the responsibility of the FS. I think Mundy was often out of position. He had two FF, but not having Clark definitely did not help the pass D today.

I hear what you're saying, but that's not "unprepeared". That's shoddy execution and poor play selection. The Steelers were prepared for it, they just got beat anyway.

I hear what you're saying, but that's not "unprepeared". That's shoddy execution and poor play selection. The Steelers were prepared for it, they just got beat anyway.

Prepared might be the wrong word. You're correct there. They just weren't able to execute against it, and didn't make the proper in-game adjustments to try to correct it. That being said, regardless of Tomlin's comments throughout the week, this Steelers D just didn't respect Tebow or the passing game and were caught sleeping.

As a SS, that's really Polamalu's job. Deep part of the field is the responsibility of the FS. I think Mundy was often out of position. He had two FF, but not having Clark definitely did not help the pass D today.

Agreed, but as we all know, Polamalu is NOT a sterotypical SS. He plays the entire field and is often used in pass coverage. Mundy doesn't have the speed to do what Troy CAN do, if schemed properly.

Prepared might be the wrong word. You're correct there. They just weren't able to execute against it, and didn't make the proper in-game adjustments to try to correct it. That being said, regardless of Tomlin's comments throughout the week, this Steelers D just didn't respect Tebow or the passing game and were caught sleeping.

It looked to me as if the safeties got tunnel vision. They were so focused on the run that they were often late getting back, even though they'd been schooled on it all week. That would be fine against the Patriots, who don't have the outside players (Welker, Gronk and Hernandez are inside players), but it's suicide against a guy like Thomas, who can really make a guy like Taylor pay for being one-on-one against him.

Last edited:
It looked to me as if the safeties got tunnel vision. They were so focused on the run that they were often late getting back, even though they'd been schooled on it all week. That would be fine against the Patriots, who don't have the outside players (Welker, Gronk and Hernandez are inside players), but it's suicide against a guy like Thomas, who can really make a guy like Taylor pay for being one-on-one against him.

It also didn't help that Mundy was just really, really bad.

Last edited:
Absolutely hilarious to watch the dinosaur Steelers collapse to the Tebows. Superbowl loss followed up by going one and done to an 80 yard Tebow bomb in OT. Couldn't have happened any better to an organization filled with rapists and dirtbags.

Tebow 80 yard TD to Demaryus Thomas on first possession of OT: Josh McDaniels two first round picks.
And that sack that ended regulation? McDaniels first round pick.

Last edited:
It also didn't help that Lundy was just really, really bad.

Clark doesn't get there for the fumble, so it's something that evens out in good portion.

Absolutely hilarious to watch the dinosaur Steelers collapse to the Tebows. Superbowl loss followed up by going one and done to an 80 yard Tebow bomb in OT. Couldn't have happened any better to an organization filled with rapists and dirtbags.

And this is a major part of my argument with my ******ed, idiot Steeler fan friends who put fatass Ben up with Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, etc. He leads them to the SB one year, only to miss the playoffs the next. HE typically plays awful in the biggest games, SBs and AFCCs. Throw in the fact that he is a scumbag and I have airtight case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back