PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Wild Card: Bengals at Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I don't think so:

1 ~ Denver's D is VICIOUS.

2 ~ Roth is HURTING.

3 ~ The combination could be CATACLYSMIC for the Steelers.

4 ~ There's a strong chance that this ends up being one of those 13-9 affairs.

5 ~ High Altitude is ROUGH. Denver's home field advantage is very real.

I've seen spinach that could play better QB than Tim Tebow for the first 3 Quarters...But he doesn't dig his team into holes...And, come Q4, he tends to excel at Taking What The Defense Give Him.

All in all, I see it as a 50/50 deal. :eek:

The X Factor for the Steelers tomorrow is definitely Redman.....this is the guy that will be the difference in the win or fail if he cant produce.

The Steelers will be resorting back to the old days of ground and pound tomorrow and Redman will win or lose the game for them.

Personally, I don't think so:

1 ~ Denver's D is VICIOUS.

2 ~ Roth is HURTING.

3 ~ The combination could be CATACLYSMIC for the Steelers.

4 ~ There's a strong chance that this ends up being one of those 13-9 affairs.

5 ~ High Altitude is ROUGH. Denver's home field advantage is very real.

I've seen spinach that could play better QB than Tim Tebow for the first 3 Quarters...But he doesn't dig his team into holes...And, come Q4, he tends to excel at Taking What The Defense Give Him.

All in all, I see it as a 50/50 deal. :eek:

Much respect to you, Grid, but to say that it's 50/50 is just plain ridiculous in my view. I saw your points and don't disagree with one or two of them, but the Steelers are just too much for the Broncos. Tim Tebow has been abysmal the past few weeks (and even during the winning streak, frankly). That defense is going to confuse the crap out of him and the Steelers have always been able to stop the run, which happens to be Denver's strength and crutch. I just don't see any way the Broncos win unless Roth goes down early and they have to rely on Batch to make plays.

Last edited:
I want to know who did the haircut on Arian's head?

The flying Elvis would look awesome on any Pats fans head.

WELP. Steelers it is.

Much respect to you, Grid, but to say that it's 50/50 is just plain ridiculous in my view. I saw your points and don't disagree with one or two of them, but the Steelers are just too much for the Broncos. Tim Tebow has been abysmal the past few weeks (and even during the winning streak, frankly). That defense is going to confuse the crap out of him and the Steelers have always been able to stop the run, which happens to be Denver's strength and crutch. I just don't see any way the Broncos win unless Roth goes down early and they have to rely on Batch to make plays.

Tebow sucks, no doubt, but I really wonder how Pitt's offensive line will hold up against Miller and Dumervil. I'd wager not well, if I were a betting man.

Steelers by 3 TDs

Let's also no forget that Pittsburgh plays dirty. I still remember Polamalu trying to rip Wes Welker's head off.

Last edited:

......and tell me that you picked the 7-9 'should just be glad to be in' Seahawks and Charlie Whitehurst over Drew Brees and the defending champ Saints last year...right??

Last edited:
When they are healthy? Sure... But they are not and we got this.

It kind of sucks, though. I remember when we weren't afraid to face anyone at their best. However, with the way things have unfolded with this defense, I think most fans (if not all of us) are happy to play a banged up team. A healthy team (minus Ward) made the Patriots look pretty pathetic earlier this season.

here on planet earth there is only two possible outcomes for that game .. A.Denver wins or B.Denver loses .. So, that means there is a 50 percent chance they win .. jus sayn

A shame that we end up the #1 seed and are rewarded with probably the best team in the conference.

True, however there are two things I'd like to point out:

1) This is not the same explosive Pittsburgh team New England saw in week 8. Ben's ankle injury has slowed down the offense, since he cannot use his mobility to extend plays or deliver throws as accurately as he did pre-injury.

The post-Ben injury Steelers likely will not be able to keep up with the New England offense.

2) Hypothetically speaking, if we take out Pittsburgh next week, then Baltimore, and culminate a Super Bowl season with a victory over New Orleans or Green Bay in the Colts backyard, it will be the sweetest of victories in my mind. :singing:

Houston has no chance, they will probably be a 10 pt underdog.

......and tell me that you picked the Seahawks and Charlie Whitehurst over Drew Brees and the defending champ Saints last year...right??

Of course that was a fluke thing and any can win on any given Sunday. However, anyone who says that they see the game as 50/50 should be questioned. Even if he, or anyone, would have said 60/40, that would be a bit more realistic. Your point is valid. However, using a fluke game as the basis for your whole argument that Denver will win the game is a bit silly. The Seahawks probably couldn't repeat those results in ten more tries.

It kind of sucks, though. I remember when we weren't afraid to face anyone at their best. However, with the way things have unfolded with this defense, I think most fans (if not all of us) are happy to play a banged up team. A healthy team (minus Ward) made the Patriots look pretty pathetic earlier this season.

You have a valid point. But what's the point of playing "lesser" teams only to get stomped in the superbowl? If we cannot beat a team like the steelers (who are injured) or the ravens (who are not better than certain NFC teams), than how will we beat the saints/packers etc?

To be the best, you go through the best

here on planet earth there is only two possible outcomes for that game .. A.Denver wins or B.Denver loses .. So, that means there is a 50 percent chance they win .. jus sayn

I know what you're saying, no matter the sarcasm. However, we both know that that's not what the Grid meant.;) In a game that is often decided by the bounce of an oblong ball, logic rarely ever is a deciding factor in anything. Just sayin . . .

Last edited:
Houston has plenty of chance. The Ratbirds have been known to choke. Flacco is a tool. Texans D is quite talented. They also have the best RB and WR tandem in the playoffs.
BTW, Mendenhall is also done for the year in additon to Rapistburger being on life support, so I don't fear the Squeelers. Eff them.

Last edited:
The more likely win was going to be Denver over Pitt. Pitt will be lucky to score 13 and that's the kind of game Tebow can pull out at the end.

I'm not worried about them, they might be the easiest matchup at this point for us based on injuries.

I'm more afraid of the Ravens, let's hope the Texans can give them a game.

The more likely win was going to be Denver over Pitt. Pitt will be lucky to score 13 and that's the kind of game Tebow can pull out at the end.

I'm not worried about them, they might be the easiest matchup at this point for us based on injuries.

I'm more afraid of the Ravens, let's hope the Texans can give them a game.

I'm sure the Texans will give them a game. I just don't think the Texans will win the game. Even if they do win, I really view the Texans as a tough team to compete with, as are the Ravens. They present a different challenge than Baltimore would, but I feel the Texans should be given the proper respect here. They've got a really good defense, and two of their stars have returned and figure to be a lot healthier by the time the AFCCG rolls around.

Man, Cincy laid a huge egg. They need a new coach, a new culture. Sorry Marv.

Yes, the Ravens already beat the Texans this year, and yes, TJ Y is just as likely to blow up as excel. But that Houston defense, it may be for real up front and if they can get in Flacco's head the Texans could win if they also shut down Rice. A lot to expect but Baltimore is vulnerable deep and the Texans will have AJ this time a round to pull Ed Reed out of the box. I'd give Houston a 42% chance of winning. Higher than I would have last week...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST