PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 4 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad thing is Andrew Luck played like absolute garbage for nearly three quarters. But if they pull of the win, the media will be kissing his arse all week. And the last TD was an absolute gift by the Jags' defense.

It's those pesky regulation PSI footballs. :D

Hahaha, what an idiotic throw. He could have dived for it. Also, nice play calling from Pagano. You guys usually don't talk about him, but he is one bad head coach imo.

Jags are about to go 3 and out and not take advantage of even ****tier play calling.

The sad thing is Andrew Luck played like absolute garbage for nearly three quarters. But if they pull of the win, the media will be kissing his arse all week. And the last TD was an absolute gift by the Jags' defense.

At some point that's gotta come back on the coaching staff too - the Colts are down double digits by the early third quarter in seemingly every game. A better QB would overcome that and keep these games manageable enough that you don't need late-game heroics just to beat NFL bottom-feeders. A better coaching staff would show up before the third quarter. When your coaching sucks and your QB is overrated and turnover-prone, you get the 2016 Colts.

The Jags still might **** this up.

I've seen enough of Luck to know that Luck is a Philip Rivers. Not a great quarterback as "experts" claim him to be.

I think it's impossible to evaluate him with that crappy oline, and he had that line since his rookie season.

I don't think he played bad today. His interception wasn't fully his fault, and otherwise settled into the game nicely. I know it's your "job" to hate the guy, but he played many worse games than this. His comeback stats are overrated though, in the sense that the Colts play a lot of close games, so of course they have many chances to come back in the last minutes. Oh boy, 3x10.

He was sacked 5 times today and you can blame at least three of them on him for not getting rid of the ball and holding onto it way too long (something he does way too much and his o-line gets blamed for it).

I agree it wasn't his worst game, but he played like crap. He completed well under 60% of his passes until he went on that scoring run. The guy is supposed to be a top QB in this league and played like a below average QB for nearly three quarters.

The quality of these 2 teams is more Friday night level than worthy of Sunday afternoon.
Having said that, is it possible the greedy NFL is almost staging this game to make it exciting/thrilling to further impress the UK crowd?
4 TD in the 4th quarter from 2 teams that struggle to score 24 points the entire game??

Time to beat Andrew and make Jim Irsay cry.

The Colts might be the worst coached team in the league, dumb decisions

Karma's a b!tch. Starting out 1-3 in the 4 game span the team they falsely accused of cheating were supposed to lose in because they got "punished."

Goodell brooding in his office waiting on the Pats game to start and Irsay no doubt going ape $h!t right now

Lolololol Colts

Well, that was one pathetic showing from the Colts.

I still think the biggest flaw in Luck's game is that he is constantly looking for the homerun hit and seems incapable or impatient to surgically work the field like Brady likes to. He holds onto the ball way too long and takes way too many sacks rather than just getting rid of the ball when his receivers are covered.

I am starting to believe his o-line gets way too much blame for how often he gets hits. He was sacked 6 times today and at least four of them he sat in the pocket for 4-5 seconds. That isn't the o-line's fault.

I think it's impossible to evaluate him with that crappy oline, and he had that line since his rookie season.

Nope, his lack of attention to detail is apparent. I can see it with the decisions or lack thereof that he makes. He's not looking where he should be looking.

He's got the talent but this league is littered with quarterbacks with boat loads of talent but don't end up being great. Greats are few and far between but everybody likes to use the term loosely.

The stats would suggest Colts were the cheaters after all. Jags did catch Colts ball boys with needles a few years ago....

I still think the biggest flaw in Luck's game is that he is constantly looking for the homerun hit and seems incapable or impatient to surgically work the field like Brady likes to. He holds onto the ball way too long and takes way too many sacks rather than just getting rid of the ball when his receivers are covered.

I am starting to believe his o-line gets way too much blame for how often he gets hits. He was sacked 6 times today and at least four of them he sat in the pocket for 4-5 seconds. That isn't the o-line's fault.

If he was willing to check down and move the chains at the expense of the long ball, that would make him a system QB and nobody wants to be that.

Nope, his lack of attention to detail is apparent. I can see it with the decisions or lack thereof that he makes. He's not looking where he should be looking.

He's got the talent but this league is littered with quarterbacks with boat loads of talent but don't end up being great. Greats are few and far between but everybody likes to use the term loosely.

I definitely agree that he cannot be called great at this point in time, but I do think that he could be behind a decent oline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes