PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL Week 13 Other Games

Same with zona, both teams are probably tougher than their record shows, but those are games you absolutely must be able to win if you want to be in the postseason. No excuses now
Echoing another poster : what a putrid game for a national audience. NE v ARI.

shocking kick in the nuts right there for ol' Jerruh...don't know which mutt I despise more...Glory Hole Goon or Pablo Escobar Irsay...

Alec Pierce was another guy posters wanted.

Would Mac really fetch that much in a trade? His contract helps. But won’t other GMs look at this as BB giving up on a young QB after just 2 seasons and wondering why?
I could see a handful of QB needy teams next year willing to pay a 3rd for Jones. Colts, Falcons, Bucs (if Brady leaves), Saints, Panthers, Texans.

Well the thing about a deal for Garoppolo is that it's not really supposed to be a "mega deal" for a superstar QB - the hope is that it's a more modest deal for a few years for a guy who can start and play well for you and provide veteran leadership on offense while you develop another guy. You know he might miss some games but you're developing a kid for the future anyway so you're probably alright with him having some spot starts.

They'd definitely need to make such a deal with the intention to protect as much as possible.
Issue is we don’t have a guy to develop now. Mac isn’t looking like it, Zappe is not someone you spend time “developing”. He’s a 4th rounder and he’s not even beating out Mac who we might move on from. So we are talking about getting someone who is unreliable to be a steady hand (not a good combo) for someone who either needs a major turnaround or isn’t here yet.

This isn’t about spot starts. Jimmy literally gets injured and his year is done. He’s not some guy who misses a game here or there.

And frankly I don’t think Jimmy wants to sit around and wait for someone to take his job. He’ll go to a team like the Colts or Panthers who are kicking the tires

I could see a handful of QB needy teams next year willing to pay a 3rd for Jones. Colts, Falcons, Bucs (if Brady leaves), Saints, Panthers, Texans.
Jets honestly would be smart to go for him. He’s leagues better than Wilson. Of course this trade also comes with the risk that he goes on the Jets offense and they actually have competent coaches and it just shows that the problem is likely Patricia.

No offense when every player on the offense is having a down season, there is something bigger than any player

Why is Herbert excellent? He is a good QB until he makes some noise in the playoffs. Burrow is excellent, Mahomes is excellent, Brady, Rodgers, etc. Has Herbert won a playoff game?
He doesn't have the complete team of the guys you are describing. He stays i the pocket, isn't afraid to take a hit, he's accurate. After Mahomes and Allen, I would take him over the others.

If NE loses to Las Vegas, they don’t deserve the playoffs. I’m not saying NE will win, just that a team that loses to the Raiders should be out of the postseason.
Vegas is on a 3 game winning streak and has found some ways to manufacture offense now. They were a joke and now they're competing. Arizona is probably the only gimme left on our schedule, but nothing looks like a gimme right now for us.

Not smart to go after Gilly.

He doesn't have the complete team of the guys you are describing. He stays i the pocket, isn't afraid to take a hit, he's accurate. After Mahomes and Allen, I would take him over the others.

Glad you like Herbert. That does not make him excellent. When he wins a few playoff games let's reassess. I agree that Herbert looks good, but to date he has not won anything.

Matt Ryan looks like an old man. Holy crap

Eagles are all but assured to make it to the SB now. 50/50 to win versus KC/Buff.

Maybe root for Buffalo to make it just to see them choke for the 5th time?

Glad you like Herbert. That does not make him excellent. When he wins a few playoff games let's reassess. I agree that Herbert looks good, but to date he has not won anything.
He's an excellent player. He's young. That team is building toward something, and they have the #1 element you need. A tough QB who will give himself up and still make the throw. There's not many of those in the NFL. This is why I'd take him 3rd if there were a QB draft today

Minnesota swept our division. People really can’t say crap about them not being as good as their record. It could just be Cousins year.

Alec pierce .. whattay catch.... Now even bottom dweller teams like colts have their second round wide receiver making plays . We are cursed.

Minnesota swept our division. People really can’t say crap about them not being as good as their record. It could just be Cousins year.
Totally agree with this. Their offense is just incredibly diverse; you can't stop them because they'll hurt you long, intermediate, short outs to WRs, on the perimeter to their backs, running the ball. It's pick your poison with them.

And that defense will probably grow into itself as a lot of these defenses do over the course of the year.

They'll give Philly a run for their money.

Yeah. They are for real this year

Lol at the two teams in the AFC title game last year playing in a afternoon game.

And the question still remains why the product sucks these days.
My man, the best game of the week has been the 4:25 game for the last 20+ years. Just getting into the NFL recently?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back