PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL Week 13 Other Games

That was the David Patten catch

FjK0_NLXwAEOLT6

Vegas is gonna be heavy favorites against the Rams next week. Then hosting the Pats for the chance to get to 7-7 and officially in the playoff hunt. Pats will face a motivated team who seems to be buying in.

Time for a heroinmethcoke mojito Irsay buddy...

da276978afbfd19ac7cf69b8973506f0

Or a new banner

1670214699688.jpeg

He's an excellent player. He's young. That team is building toward something, and they have the #1 element you need. A tough QB who will give himself up and still make the throw. There's not many of those in the NFL. This is why I'd take him 3rd if there were a QB draft today
Agreed, but I’d go 4th IMHO.

-Mahomes
-Allen
-Burrow (wins with no O-line)
-Herbert

Right now, 5 - 6 Tampa is the 4th Conference seed and NFCS Division champ.

Next closest Division team is 5 - 8 Atlanta. Brady could still pull this thing off.

Poor Jimmy, I felt the 49ers had a real shot, they were really good with the addition of McCafrey. Great defense. The OL missed the assignment badly and Jimmy got ran over, it's football.

Now I was thinking recently about the possibility of Jimmy coming home. Before the injury, possibly going deep in the playoffs, I felt like there would be a huge market for him and then money talks, taking us out of the conversation, now, this injury will lower his market a bit. Who knows.

Still,

Giants
Tampa
Atlanta
Houston
New Orleans
Panthers

Well I will stop here, there's possibly other teams that would improve their situation with Jimmy, definitely there will be a strong market for him. Winning the SB I would include SF here too, but now there's no way.

Right now, 5 - 6 Tampa is the 4th Conference seed and NFCS Division champ.

Next closest Division team is 5 - 8 Atlanta. Brady could still pull this thing off.
He will. That division stinks.

Just get in the playoffs and anything can happen. I'm never counting Brady out until he's out.

He will. That division stinks.

Just get in the playoffs and anything can happen. I'm never counting Brady out until he's out.
You have to be in it to win it.

I think it's going to be interesting to see what happens with the qb situation in San Fran. I was probably leaning toward them winning the NFC before Jimmy G got hurt. Now, I'm not so sure, although with their talent, they are still going to be tough but winning on the road in Philly and or Minnesota with a rookie qb is going to be difficult.

I think it's going to be interesting to see what happens with the qb situation in San Fran. I was probably leaning toward them winning the NFC before Jimmy G got hurt. Now, I'm not so sure, although with their talent, they are still going to be tough but winning on the road in Philly and or Minnesota with a rookie qb is going to be difficult.
I think Jimmy gets too much grief for that SB loss. Yes he overthrew Sanders but it's not like he laid an egg in that game. 8.9 yards per attempt was pretty good. That was just KC's year imo. Would have been nice to see how far he could have taken them this year.

Yup...you've got Mike White fever
White is way better than Wilson but I certainly don't have unconditional faith in the player. I predicted the Jets outright in that game because I don't believe Minnesota is that good. Which was evident in this game. The Jets squandered several opportunities to win the game. Minnesota has a loss upcoming to Detroit this weekend. And I hate picking a team to win with Dan Campbell as the HC.

Philly and Dallas are the two best NFC teams IMO...I would put Minnesota 3rd simply because I can't trust Cousins in a big game.

I think Jimmy gets too much grief for that SB loss. Yes he overthrew Sanders but it's not like he laid an egg in that game. 8.9 yards per attempt was pretty good. That was just KC's year imo. Would have been nice to see how far he could have taken them this year.
Garoppolo is a really bad postseason quarterback. It's not just one game. That said, the 49ers are so good around Garoppolo that I thought they could make it back to the SB with him. Forget it with Brock Purdy, I'm counting them out of contention.

Garoppolo is also finished in SF and likely won't have many opportunities to be a franchise quarterback ever gain. The stars are lining up more than ever for Brady to be in SF next season.

Philly and Dallas are the two best NFC teams IMO...I would put Minnesota 3rd simply because I can't trust Cousins in a big game.
Interesting, you don't think San Fran is above Dallas and Minn? You saw how they handled Miami with a 3rd string qb yesterday? They are loaded on defense. The qb just has to be a game manager.

Cousins? He and the offense are probably fine. Their defense on the other hand is horrendous. Minnesota has no shot at a Super Bowl title with a defense that bad.

Interesting, you don't think San Fran is above Dallas and Minn?
Dallas has got to be favored over SF now. Don't give Minnesota a second thought.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back