PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL week 10 game discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta admit I never figued the Donks to rise from the dead like this. Wassup wif da Chiefs?

Josh made Cassel, he can break Cassel. Never underestimate the power of the familiar. :)

With all due respect to the Jets - and it's great to win the games the way they do - but really..they are a wee bit over-rated. I believe the play calling in that game killed the Browns. 'gotta give it to Sanchez tho. His pocket presence and ability to escape is pretty impressive.

I'd said elsewhere that quality play by the Jets was the key.

However their run D was irrelevant in that 4th down clock dominated situation. Running the ball on 4th even for a deliberate turn over of the ball woulda killed so much time that an even more super incredible confluence of events woulda been needed for a tie.
The Lions passed because they didnt think they could make the first down running.
Stupid or not, the Jets run D did dictate that decision.

McDaniels is an offensive savant. I don't think he makes it as a head coach.

The Lions passed because they didnt think they could make the first down running.
Stupid or not, the Jets run D did dictate that decision.

Making 1st down was secondary and not critical. Eliminating the 30+ seconds the Jets NEEDED by running was critical.

Call it bad luck, better team won, worse team lost, whatever. The Pats seem to be on the losing end of "I hope the ______ beat the ______!" all year. God forbid we find ourselves on the happy end of an upset. Just $h!tty luck.

Reminds me a lot of 2008, actually.

There, my video is working as expected now

The concussions may be catching up with Aikman. "Hakeem Nicks is like Dallas' version of Dez Bryant". Good call, Troy. Good call.

What are the odds Tyler Thigpen is the starting QB for the rest of the season? I actually think he's a better option than Penny or Henne.

What are the odds Tyler Thigpen is the starting QB for the rest of the season? I actually think he's a better option than Penny or Henne.

The odds are pretty good. I have to think that Pennington is going to at least be out long term with a shoulder injury and it looked like Henne blew his knee out. Nevertheless, I have to give it to them. That was an impressive gut check win by the Dolphins today.

Why in the world would you think that?
His 1-9 or whatever it was record for Herman Edwards?

Thats to be expected because we are rooting for good teams to lose and bad teams to win. That wont happen often, and the fact that so many are coming down to the last minute just make it more frustrating.

Frustrating. Perfect word.

I just wish we could be on the "winning" end of an upset loss to one of our division opponents.

:eek:

What happened to Kansas City? I just got my power restored a bit ago (heavy snow)... and I see they are losing to Denver 35-10..... YEESH!

Oh and fark the Rats.

Raiders will be in 1st place in the AFC West after today.

Well, with the Giants getting spanked (and on their way to a loss unless something changes), I guess we can open up the floor again. Which team is the best in the NFL? :rolleyes:

Raiders will be in 1st place in the AFC West after today.

At what point does the seymour trade go from a questionably bad trade to just plain bad. Before or after the raiders are in the playoffs for the 1st time in 8 years.

Last edited:
The odds are pretty good. I have to think that Pennington is going to at least be out long term with a shoulder injury and it looked like Henne blew his knee out. Nevertheless, I have to give it to them. That was an impressive gut check win by the Dolphins today.

I guess the injury situation makes him the default, but I like him more than the other two anyways.

Why in the world would you think that?
His 1-9 or whatever it was record for Herman Edwards?

I don't think it's fair to blame a 2nd-year QB for all of the mistakes made by an atrocious HC and GM that were run out of town.

He struggled over the first 4 games he played in, but once he settled in as the starter, played quite well, with 16 TDs vs. 8 INTs in his last 10 games. He also finished second on the team in rushing yards with 386. Not a Pro Bowler, but can't say Henne's a much better option at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back