PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL week 10 game discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
At what point does the seymour trade go from a questionably bad trade to just plain bad. Before or after the raiders are in the playoffs for the 1st time in 8 years.

Seymour is in the Defensive Player of the Year discussion, so yeah, it's pretty bad.

Did the Jets forget to pay there half of the power bill? :D

Seymour is in the Defensive Player of the Year discussion, so yeah, it's pretty bad.

Unless we either franchised him or somehow worked out a long term deal (and you know they weren't going to) this year is not relevant. It was a bad trade last year, this year it is what it is it's just unfortunate that we couldn't get their first last season.

What Seymour does this season is a bit irrelevant. He wasn't going to be a Patriot unless we franchised him, which means we could have lost Wilfork. It almost comes down to a choice of the two, and I can respect some wanting to keep Seymour instead.

But we essentially traded one season of his (last year's) for a 1st rounder this season. If we kept him, we probably would have gotten a 3rd round comp pick for him. So we upgraded that to a first rounder by giving him up a season early.

Did the Jets forget to pay there half of the power bill? :D

Buh dum tish!

And also, the rout is on in New Jersey. A lot of coaches will be watching game tape on this one. Everyone, including me, thought the Giants looked invincible to this point.

Last edited:
What Seymour does this season is a bit irrelevant. He wasn't going to be a Patriot unless we franchised him, which means we could have lost Wilfork. It almost comes down to a choice of the two, and I can respect some wanting to keep Seymour instead.

But we essentially traded one season of his (last year's) for a 1st rounder this season. If we kept him, we probably would have gotten a 3rd round comp pick for him. So we upgraded that to a first rounder by giving him up a season early.

I still don't understand why other teams can afford to sign multiple stars but the Pats cannot. I used to think it our great depth and ability to withstand injuries. Now, I'm not so sure.

It's interesting how much presentation influences perception.

For example, if a team wants to dump a bunch of veteran salary, the team can tell the fans "We're getting younger and faster."

Or, if a team doesn't want to pay high-priced stars, they can tell the fans "We like to spread the the wealth around, and have a deep roster."

It's all presentation, and perception. :cool:

So the Boys just wanted Wade out?

I always thought Manningham was an unbelievably talented player. Clearly, he's decided that he wants a pro career and he's doing the work.

Buh dum tish!

And also, the rout is on in New Jersey. A lot of coaches will be watching game tape on this one. Everyone, including me, thought the Giants looked invincible to this point.

One might even say the Giants have been EXPOSED.

I still don't understand why other teams can afford to sign multiple stars but the Pats cannot. I used to think it our great depth and ability to withstand injuries. Now, I'm not so sure.

I don't understand this. We just handed out big extensions to Bodden, Wilfork, and Brady this past season, along with a pretty big offer to Mankins. We also signed Tully, Faulk and Neal to new deals this off-season as well.

I don't understand this. We just handed out big extensions to Bodden, Wilfork, and Brady this past season, along with a pretty big offer to Mankins. We also signed Tully, Faulk and Neal to new deals this off-season as well.

Don't bother with a reply, his post was just a case of seeing a cow in a field and thinking it is better than your cow. He does not see any stars on our team.

As much heat as Josh gets, he was 100000% right of getting rid of Cutler and Marshall, two BALLsy moves.

Trading Hillis for Brady Quinn (or whatever the full trade was) was just nonsense, though.

And hey, they will only be 2 games out of first place after today...

Should Mangini have gone for 2

If Mangini took the shot foregoing the tie, should he just have gone for 2 at the end of regulation. You figure you have to win the toss and drive the ball 55-60 yards to win in ot, would the 2 point conversion have been a better option? Especially if you later forego an almost sure tie for a low percentage pass, with little time left in ot, needing to go 95 yards.

Re: Should Mangini have gone for 2

I was thinking the same thing...especially having Hillis back there :cool:

No. They win that game is their receiver doesnt fumble the ball in OT.

If Stuckey doesn't fumble, this is all moot. I can understand going for it though, but that's not why they lost.

If Stuckey doesn't fumble, this is all moot. I can understand going for it though, but that's not why they lost.

spare a thought for the cleveland fans. they have seen this fumble before in a bigger game :(

I WISH THE PATS GOT DEZ BRYANT....guy is a freak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back