PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Top 100 players of 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they just did a tribute to Gronk in there. I didn't catch at all.

We all know what Brady would have done in that situation... except he did it on the road in the loudest stadium.
If Brees doesn't throw the ball into the ground on 1st down that 3rd down play probably never happens.

The playoffs count for these rankings. Brady was also hurt, leading to a sub-par statistical output (along with having few weapons.)
I'm not sure when they did the ballots for this latest one. But in the past they've done it at pro bowl voting to all the way after the season. Like Taylor Lewan even mentioned in his interview he was at the pro bowl. Donald mentioned Brady is a 6 time champ. So the voting is done over a couple of months I imagine.

I'm not sure when they did the ballots for this latest one. But in the past they've done it at pro bowl voting to all the way after the season. Like Taylor Lewan even mentioned in his interview he was at the pro bowl.

I assumed this after Matt Ryan’s #10 ranking for his MVP year.

Brees needs to change his jersey to #2.

I would’ve said it would be Donald at 1 then Mahomes at 2. I assumed Brady would fall into 3-5.

Gronk would have been #55 if he didn't retire.

The way I feel about guys like Donald and Mack is this: if you aren't going to consider the value of the actual position on the game's outcome, then why not put Justin Tucker in the top 10? He's easily the best player at his position. I would say the same thing with ranking Gurley over Brady (or about 10 other QBs.)

If a guy like Brady gets injured, it's literally a likely swing of 4-5 games on your win-loss record. There's no defensive player or running back that swings the record more than a game or two.

Vegas lines put someone like Brady as worth ~7 points compared to an average QB; if Donald is injured and replaced with an average DT, the line unlikely to move more than 1 point. And we are talking about one of the more dominating defensive players we've seen.

The playoffs count for these rankings. Brady was also hurt, leading to a sub-par statistical output (along with having few weapons.)

I guess the other NFL players who voted didn’t visit pats fans first to find out what some excuses for Brady were

Mahomes Brees Donald Mack were expected to be in the top 5 by me, but Gurley making it was a surprise.

Very surprised Chubb didn't even make the top 110 and CMC at only 42? Lol.

Overrated stat padder Brees ahead of the GOAT??? Laughable. Brees can't tie Brady's sneakers.

I guess the other NFL players who voted didn’t visit pats fans first to find out what some excuses for Brady were

Excuses? He won the Super Bowl, had multiple clutch game winning/leading drives in the postseason, and PFF’s advanced stats claim he hasn’t declined an iota. He had 4-5 fluke interceptions this year, and look at the skill players he worked with compared to Mahomes and Brees.

On the postgame show, both analysts said the players got the vote wrong and Brady is the #1 QB, both quite adamantly. Orlovsky was one of the analysts and is known for his QB breakdowns.

Anyway, I understand why four of the players would be ranked above Brady, but Gurley? Even at his peak, the highest Gronkowski reached was #9 on the list. Todd Gurley is #5? That is a total joke, and you don’t need to be a homer to understand that.

Excuses? He won the Super Bowl, had multiple clutch game winning/leading drives in the postseason, and PFF’s advanced stats claim he hasn’t declined an iota. He had 4-5 fluke interceptions this year, and look at the skill players he worked with compared to Mahomes and Brees.

On the postgame show, both analysts said the players got the vote wrong and Brady is the #1 QB, both quite adamantly. Orlovsky was one of the analysts and is known for his QB breakdowns.

Anyway, I understand why four of the players would be ranked above Brady, but Gurley? Even at his peak, the highest Gronkowski reached was #9 on the list. Todd Gurley is #5? That is a total joke, and you don’t need to be a homer to understand that.
Steven Jackson laid it out simply. It's about wins. Brady gives you the best chance.

Interesting article at NFL.com by Adam Schein who comes up with his own top 10 list.
(10) Ezekiel Elliott
(9) Tom Brady
(8) Antonio Brown
(7) Michael Thomas
(6) Julio Jones
(5) Khalil Mack
(4) DeAndre Hopkins
(3) Aaron Rodgers
(2) Patrick Mahomes
(1) Aaron Donald

So no Drew Brees or Todd Gurley which is good.

NFL analyst David Carr and Stephen somebody both think Brady should be # 1 QB.

Plus there's a litle nice clip of Aaron Donald talking about Brady attempting to block him in the SB.

Last edited:
Interesting article at NFL.com by Adam Schein who comes up with his own top 10 list.
(10) Ezekiel Elliott
(9) Tom Brady
(8) Antonio Brown
(7) Michael Thomas
(6) Julio Jones
(5) Khalil Mack
(4) DeAndre Hopkins
(3) Aaron Rodgers
(2) Patrick Mahomes
(1) Aaron Donald

So no Drew Brees or Todd Gurley which is good.

NFL analyst David Carr and Stephen somebody both think Brady should be # 1 QB.

Plus there's a litle nice clip of Aaron Donald talking about Brady attempting to block him in the SB.
Steven Jackson. He was on the 2015 Patriots team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft