PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL to require Covid booster shot for all staff (update: new protocols required)

Status
Not open for further replies.
case keenum tests positive for covid….raiders have a shot to win lol

Sure, I completely agree. But then they also have to live with the consequences of their decision. If you don't want to take the vaccine, don't complain about not being able to work certain jobs, go certain places, or do certain things.
Imagine threatening peoples livelihoods because they don’t want a vaccine that doesn’t keep you from contracting or spreading a 99.9% survivable virus and carries a significant risk of myocarditis.

Just imagine

vax to protect yourself, then mind your effing business regarding everyone else.
Once you stop breathing you aren't hurting anyone.

Get it?

And because people could easily get confused, I'll specify, I'm not threatening anybody. You're just fighting on behalf of a pathogen and against the rest of us. It's everybody's business. Make the wrong choice, I don't care, crow about it, I don't care, but I'll tell you you're wrong.

I think our health services are going to have a very difficult time on top of the previous horror show. That is because of pro-virus attitudes, actions, and inaction at this point. Apparently you're free to harm the rest of us in many ways and you're gleefully doing it. WE THE PEOPLE also have the right to free speech though, not just the small group of anti-vax crackpots (with the recognition of course that this, for example, is a private forum, and if we need to stop this back and forth I am okay with that.)

I remain hopeful that omicron itself isn't as virulent, but we know it's more transmissible. YES it picked up some plain ol' common cold DNA, but so far all we know is the transmissible part. There is no evidence that it won't hurt anybody. I remain hopeful, but hope's not a plan. If it's as or more deadly, I don't know what to tell you guys. My understanding is that guys are going to their graves babbling with their last feeble breaths that the thing that is killing them doesn't exist or somesuch. They are also saying stuff like "I didn't listen, but warn people warn people" blah blah blah.

Shrug. I really don't mean anybody here any harm. What I'd wish is for folks to remember this exchange when and if you start doubting, or better yet, remember the same facts with a more patient messenger.

I don't think I'm doing anything here, it's a cult and I'm not qualified to deprogram. I hope for you guys, though, that if you're in that reality-doubting group, you come back to your senses one day. Pipe dream though.

Be well, either way

Because the executive branch cannot make laws for the legislative branch.
So the executive branch can make rulings that apply to the people but not to other branches of the government?

If your government makes laws that apply to you, but not to them, you are not being governed you are being ruled.

Our government governs through the consent of the governed, but no where in our constitution does it say that the government is to rule over us.

I do NOT consent to being ruled!!!

Right!

People who decline to put an experimental jab into their bodies should be denied the ability to make a living.

There are people who have suffered no job losses, or loss of paychecks since this plandemic began. Those would be the people who are the ones imposing the tyranny on the people, that would be your government.

In fact congress not only did not lose a paycheck, they gave themselves a $50,000 pay raise last year.

Unvaccinated people are not the ones imposing hardships on people,

That would be your government.

By the way, congress is one of the groups that are immune from the jab mandates.
Which vaccines are experimental? Which have not been authorized for use by the FDA? Which vaccines have not already undergone large-scale clinical trials?

There were those who rolled the dice when the vaccines were "experimental" then "authorized for emergency use." They're no longer only authorized for emergency use. They're just plain approved.

By the way, AIDS sufferers were BEGGING for emergency use authorizations for certain drugs, and the Feds took a hit because they refused. They were like "oh no this vaccine might be bad for you. You say untreated AIDS is too? Not our lookout really."

Imagine threatening peoples livelihoods because they don’t want a vaccine that doesn’t keep you from contracting or spreading a 99.9% survivable virus and carries a significant risk of myocarditis.

Just imagine
it's insane, especially with Omicron. The vax can spread just as easily as the unvaxed, but still we have people obsessed with the unvaxed. Want to blame someone, blame China.

Which vaccines are experimental? Which have not been authorized for use by the FDA? Which vaccines have not already undergone large-scale clinical trials?

There were those who rolled the dice when the vaccines were "experimental" then "authorized for emergency use." They're no longer only authorized for emergency use. They're just plain approved.

By the way, AIDS sufferers were BEGGING for emergency use authorizations for certain drugs, and the Feds took a hit because they refused. They were like "oh no this vaccine might be bad for you. You say untreated AIDS is too? Not our lookout really."
All of the C19 vaccines were rushed through and were emergency/experimental at the start.

Fun fact, the government cannot force an experimental vaccine on people when there are other alternatives, and there are like HCQ and Ivermectin.

Maybe that is why the government has fought back so hard against people getting and using these other, safe, alternatives.

There was even a governor who forbid doctors from prescribing HCQ. Talk about an overreach.

A political hack can overrule trained doctors on the practice of medicine?

This has been a big money maker for the drug companies, who have no liability in case of adverse effects, and the VAERS database is replete with adverse reactions.

If you are vaccinated, and the vaccine works, then you are safe, and you have no reason to worry about people who choose not to take it.

If your vaccine doesn't work, then having other people take the same failed vaccine will not help you.

I am not vaccine hesitant, I am propaganda resistant, and I will never take the jab.

My body, my choice, end of story!

Just imagine
Imagine being so bad at math you think a 1/1,000,000 risk of minor heart inflammation is worse than a 1/1000 risk of death.

Note that the 1/1000 risk of death also carries a 40/1,000,000 chance of heat inflammation if your survive

Wow we have a hearty little minority group of crackpots here.

WE THE PEOPLE have decided - ****'s serious. The crackpots will continue to try to eff it up, but if you value your lives and those of your countrymen, roll up your sleeve. 71% have received at least 1 dose; 60% have received 2 or received the one-shot J&J.

The "vax is no vax" idiocy is just that. It's highly efficacious vs. all three strains under discussion, to prevent hospitalization, and pretty good at preventing transmission against alpha and delta -- less so, from what I'm seeing thus far, against omicron.

Your air bag does not save every life. Sometimes it doesn't even help because your seat belt restrains you. The belt is still a belt and the bag is still a bag.

By the same token, vax up and mask up, if you have any sense. If not, FU, kill grandma this Christmas, I don't give a ****, you're in the "be wrong for entertainment" category. Unreachables, deplorables, whatever. You actually think rare zoonotic transmission is the biggest worry we have, you just need to stick to internet "science."

Got my booster today, by the way.

Y'awl need to get with the program, but you probably won't. Or maybe you did, and like all the fox news types, you got the vax and then want to argue like you didnt. But if you're honest about your delusions, you should be aware you're endangering the rest of us, because the "resevoir" that counts is the human-to-human vector/swamp you're perpetuating.

Here's a paper on myocarditis/pericarditis, 2 days old, Nature:

Abstract​

Although myocarditis and pericarditis were not observed as adverse events in coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccine trials, there have been numerous reports of suspected cases following vaccination in the general population. We undertook a self-controlled case series study of people aged 16 or older vaccinated for COVID-19 in England between 1 December 2020 and 24 August 2021 to investigate hospital admission or death from myocarditis, pericarditis and cardiac arrhythmias in the 1–28 days following adenovirus (ChAdOx1, n = 20,615,911) or messenger RNA-based (BNT162b2, n = 16,993,389; mRNA-1273, n = 1,006,191) vaccines or a severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) positive test (n = 3,028,867). We found increased risks of myocarditis associated with the first dose of ChAdOx1 and BNT162b2 vaccines and the first and second doses of the mRNA-1273 vaccine over the 1–28 days postvaccination period, and after a SARS-CoV-2 positive test. We estimated an extra two (95% confidence interval (CI) 0, 3), one (95% CI 0, 2) and six (95% CI 2, 8) myocarditis events per 1 million people vaccinated with ChAdOx1, BNT162b2 and mRNA-1273, respectively, in the 28 days following a first dose and an extra ten (95% CI 7, 11) myocarditis events per 1 million vaccinated in the 28 days after a second dose of mRNA-1273. This compares with an extra 40 (95% CI 38, 41) myocarditis events per 1 million patients in the 28 days following a SARS-CoV-2 positive test. We also observed increased risks of pericarditis and cardiac arrhythmias following a positive SARS-CoV-2 test. Similar associations were not observed with any of the COVID-19 vaccines, apart from an increased risk of arrhythmia following a second dose of mRNA-1273. Subgroup analyses by age showed the increased risk of myocarditis associated with the two mRNA vaccines was present only in those younger than 40.

So yeah, there is an association there. Not so much if you get COVID, but an association nonetheless.

Jesus people. Why do you think there 800,000 dead from the actual virus and even the scare "stories" you guys and Putin's troll farms are telling each other top out so much lower?

No vaccine is 100% efficacious. But, at the time of the alpha variant, these were damn close.

No vaccine is 100% safe (compared with a world without disease, which is not an option). But these are much safer to get than not to get.

And guess what - as the variants continue to come, we have to fight them. A vaccine that knocks out 30% transmission would be a W even if it didn't keep you out of the hospital. We need a better one? Well stfu about how vaccines don't work, and start lobbying for the next improvement. The virus tries something new, we try something new.

And if you applied that feckin "where we go one we go all" to getting yourselves vaccinated, we'd be way ahead of where we are now.

I can't wait to see the partisan "proof" that the next election was "rigged":

"Suddenly there are x more republicans dying than democrats, or so they'd have you believe..."

***** EVERYBODY.
You're missing the point completely. Adverse myocarditis events are not that rare. Those events become prevalent in certain population groups. And asking those people to boost and follow protocols that increase risk is ridiculous. There's no room for a conversation about risk reduction strategies.

Why are most European countries not allowing men under a certain age to even take the Moderna vaccine? Every discussion about risk and how to mitigate that risk becomes anti vax or anti science. What's anti science is denying that risks exist and we shouldn't be having a discussion on how to protect people from the virus and adverse vaccine events at the same time

All of the C19 vaccines were rushed through and were emergency/experimental at the start.

Fun fact, the government cannot force an experimental vaccine on people when there are other alternatives, and there are like HCQ and Ivermectin.

Maybe that is why the government has fought back so hard against people getting and using these other, safe, alternatives.

There was even a governor who forbid doctors from prescribing HCQ. Talk about an overreach.

A political hack can overrule trained doctors on the practice of medicine?

This has been a big money maker for the drug companies, who have no liability in case of adverse effects, and the VAERS database is replete with adverse reactions.

If you are vaccinated, and the vaccine works, then you are safe, and you have no reason to worry about people who choose not to take it.

If your vaccine doesn't work, then having other people take the same failed vaccine will not help you.

I am not vaccine hesitant, I am propaganda resistant, and I will never take the jab.

My body, my choice, end of story!
Stop breathing, and that's the end of the story. If you're breathing, your body is forcing others' outcomes. Fact.

All vaccines begin in experiments, or you don't know whether they're safe or work. All vaccines were once experimental. Fact.

The vaccines we're discussing are not experimental now. They have passed all the safety and efficacy tests. Fact.

Ivermectin is for horse deworming, not COVID. Fact.

"HCQ" was not an effective COVID preventative. Fact.

"HCQ" was not an effective treatment. Fact.

I think hydroxycholoquine was probably a grift of one kind or another. We'll end up finding out something about who owned what stock in that shlitz, there was just so much promotion of it with zero results.

You're not "propaganda resistant," you're fact resistant. You're propaganda-gobbling.

Given your "thoughts," above -- I suppose the guys pulling your strings are not going to get mad if you say they're "yours" - you should be happy to agree that the vanishingly less prevalent cases where people were vaxxed (and/or boosted), should go to the front of the line for treatments.

Since we know the vast majority in hospitals with COVID are unvaxed and therefore there by choice, they shouldn't bump someone who did everything right, accepted the tiny risk presented by the vaccine, but through no choice of their own need medical resources which will likely become scarce, unless omicron is exceedingly mild. (oral therapeutics, ICU beds, vents as applicable, monoclonal antibodies.) They should publicize this aspect of the choice now, it's not 1 from column A, 1 from column B. It's "use medicine on me"/"don't use medicine on me." If there's no scarcity of resources, it won't bother you. If there is, you know it's caused by those who chose to cause it -- you only have to look at the hospital admission, ICU, and death numbers.

Imagine understanding the fact that the approved Comernity injection has not been distributed. All Pfizer injections are still the emergency use injections.

You are the large scale trials.

Imagine being so bad at math you think a 1/1,000,000 risk of minor heart inflammation is worse than a 1/1000 risk of death.

Note that the 1/1000 risk of death also carries a 40/1,000,000 chance of heat inflammation if your survive

Just so you understand, your study doesn't account for age, here's the risk for myocarditis for under 40, greater than COVID, but let's ignore that and keep boosting young healthy males with moderna.

Screenshot_20211216-220713_Chrome.jpg

Imagine understanding the fact that the approved Comernity injection has not been distributed. All Pfizer injections are still the emergency use injections.

You are the large scale trials.
I would have to imagine that. It's not true, from what I can tell. Nobody seems to say that but you. Got a link?

On August 23, 2021, FDA announced the first approval of a COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine has been known as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, and will now be marketed as Comirnaty, for the prevention of COVID-19 in individuals 16 years of age and older.

There's a name chance, according to the FDA.

Just so you understand, your study doesn't account for age, here's the risk for myocarditis for under 40, greater than COVID, but let's ignore that and keep boosting young healthy males with moderna.

View attachment 38954
There are 200 times the deaths in the biggest spike here in the "decimal dust" of the 3,000 deaths above 800,000 deaths which we elide by rounding (800,000 deaths.) More have died of COVID today, by orders of magnitude, than you are worried about. For that matter, more under 40 have died of COVID today than your grand total of super-space-wasting bars.

My God, why are you wasting the keystrokes on this?

So the executive branch can make rulings that apply to the people but not to other branches of the government?
Separation of powers. [They can make rules that apply to everyone, where they have that authority, but they can't make rulings that specifically govern the legislative branch.]

View attachment 38954
Its greater than COVID for 1 vaccine.

If you want to tell men < 40 to get Pfizer instead of Moderna that certainly seems like a reasonable suggestion. Maybe.

Looking at your chart it says "excess events". So for Moderna its 15 out of how many doses? Millions I am sure.

So you are still looking at 1000x greater chance of dying than the increase in minor heart inflammation.

Also, it should be noted that the Moderna booster is 1/2 dose. I would say there is a good chance that the original Moderna shot may have been excessively large.

There are 200 times the deaths in the biggest spike here in the "decimal dust" of the 3,000 deaths above 800,000 deaths which we elide by rounding (800,000 deaths.) More have died of COVID today, by orders of magnitude, than you are worried about. For that matter, more under 40 have died of COVID today than your grand total of super-space-wasting bars.

Because of do no harm. If you have a valid treatment that does less harm then you choose that. But people like you aren't willing to have that discussion

Its greater than COVID for 1 vaccine.

If you want to tell men < 40 to get Pfizer instead of Moderna that certainly seems like a reasonable suggestion. Maybe.

Looking at your chart it says "excess events". So for Moderna its 15 out of how many doses? Millions I am sure.

So you are still looking at 1000x greater chance of dying than the increase in minor heart inflammation.

Also, it should be noted that the Moderna booster is 1/2 dose. I would say there is a good chance that the original Moderna shot may have been excessively large.
Not giving <40 is exactly the thing most countries are doing. But not America, because nuanced discussions about vaccines aren't possible.

The myocarditis events are somewhere between 1 and 5000 and 1 in 3000, which is considered significant when vaccinating a large population. A person has died from vaccine induced myocarditis. So why not as a matter of policy choose the lowest risk option?

Edit: it's per 1MM events, but it combines male and female. When you take just males, you get into the 1 in 3000 to 1 in 5000 number.

Last edited:

No they haven’t

They died with covid. Please stop spreading misinformation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back