PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL to Hire Sarah Thomas as First Female Official

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...re-sarah-thomas-as-first-female-game-official

Sarah_Thomas_NFL_Full_Time_Female_Official_Referee_Rumors.jpg
Sarah Thomas has been in the NFL officiating pipeline for some time. (USATSI)

The NFL has hired its first female official, according to the Baltimore Sun's Aaron Wilson.
Sarah Thomas, who became the first female to officiate an NCAA football game in 2007, has previously been a finalist for the NFL job.

Thomas has been on the league's radar for seven years. NFL VP of officiating Dean Blandino said in 2013 that "She was in our pipeline for a while," but noted that making the leap to NFL official takes time for any prospective official.
She technically wouldn't be the first female to officiate an NFL game; Shannon Eastin earned that distinction when she worked as a replacement ref early in the 2012 season.

I read the title and knew IMMEDIATELY it was an IcyPat thread.

Icy, do you go around looking for this stuff?!!

Hope you're well!

So ... the NFL can't afford end zone cameras, but now apparently can afford a sideline restroom in every stadium? :confused:

So ... the NFL can't afford end zone cameras, but now apparently can afford a sideline restroom in every stadium? :confused:

I don't think they have to...all they need to do is issue this unisex urinator....

Go-Girl-stand-up-and-pee1-300x224.jpg

of course, the ref COULD get carried away and issue multiple 15 yard penalties for underinflated ...er...well...use your imagination

Here are some uniform nominations (top right gets my vote):

LA_83067_01_007_New_C2015.jpg S2025-FLIRTY-REFEREE-BACK.jpg

T1046-LOVE-REFEREE.jpg ES-6135-B.jpg

Top right....that's her. When's the next game? is there a preseason tilt scheduled this month?

I blame this sort of thread on the absence of the Gentlemen's Club forum.:)

That Adult Friend Finder ad was Ian's version of Stigmata (the movie - I am avoiding religious references today) for disappearing that forum with his upgrades.:)

That Adult Friend Finder ad was Ian's version of Stigmata (the movie - I am avoiding religious references today) for disappearing that forum with his upgrades.:)
I don't see what the problem was, since everyone needs an "adult friend."

Nothing guarantees a surge in misogyny like putting a poor, helpless woman in a position to be hated by hundreds of millions of men after she botches a call. The NFL has gone too far.

Alcohol will help that situation be epic!

Im sure she's just as capable of screwing up a call on the field and pissing people off as any of the men.

Good luck to her!

Congratulations to that guy!

She will throw the flag and when a player asks why she will say, "I shouldn't have to tell you what you did, you should just know!"

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back