PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Suspension and Boycott begins at my house

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way i can't watch Thursday night....sunday...monday ect. Football is my passion

Pats fans in new england should have boycott bud and pepsi a year ago. Those bastards would have apologized a long time ago.

A down tick in ratings for a few weeks pales in comparison to the damage a handful of corrupt, incompetent ****s did to a great team.

Why not banned with the exception of the one Patriots game they have?

Some live sporting events are on ESPN, like NBA playoffs, etc. So, this is where I am not going to punish myself over this. For the NFL, though, I won't watch any ESPN games outside the Pats, and I won't watch their news, highlights, talk shows, pregames, documentaries, etc.

Last edited:
Disagreement drives interest IMHO. Your thread will get a lot more interaction because of those kinds of posts. And then you can defend yourself... and make the point from different angles. That's what this is about, right? The point. Stay cool.

I agree with you...maybe we are talking about different things. My problem with Illegal Contact isn't that he disagrees with me. I don't know if he disagrees with me. It's that he takes issue with me even posting it, basically saying no one cares and that this isn't a topic to start a thread about or "advertise" despite a slew of respnses from people who feel otherwise. Anyway, all good, just want to explain I'm not trying to come across as defensive. If people think it's a dumb idea, that's what they think. I just can't stand how Illegal Contact goes onto threads to say what a stupid idea it was to start the thread to begin with, but I think we all know he is mentally unbalanced at best. I am going to take my own medicine and put him on ignore. Thanks for your thoughts though.

Now that time has run out on the league to do the right thing, an option at their disposal for eighteen months, some temporary and permanent policies have been implemented at my house.

-No NFL allowed on in my home until week 5 of 2016, including Patriots games.
-No NFL allowed in my house ever again, unless it is the New England Patriots, unless (a) Roger Goodell is no longer there, and (b) the league issues a letter of apology about Defamegate. Sole exception is if it is Super Bowl for social/entertainment reasons.
-NFL Sunday Ticket has been cancelled (I was a customer for the last nine years) and all Patriots games are streamed through Sling from my father's local feed in Maine.
-No NFL merchandise will ever be purchased again by any member of my household.
-No NFL game tickets will ever be purchased in my house again, except for a Patriots game that includes Brady and Belichick.
-ESPN banned with the exception of exclusive live sporting events.
-NFL Network banned with the exception of exclusive live Patriots games.
-All brands, merchandise or any type of purchase that would lead to directly or indirectly supporting any of the following people are boycotted: Jim Irsay, Steve Bisciotti, Bob McNair, Jerry Jones, Woody Johnson, John Mara, Troy Aikman, John Madden, John Harbaugh, Chris Mortensen, Stephen A. Smith, Gregg Doyle, Bob Kravitz, Ryan Grigson, Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Pettine, John Elway, Jerry Rice, Charles Haley, Mark Brunell, Bill Nye, Exponent, Paul and Weiss, Ted Wells, Judge Parker, Judge Chin, Ron Wolff, and anyone employed by the NFL corporate office who did not publicly denounce corruption and lies by its leadership but in particular Roger Goodell, Jeff Pash, Mike Kensil, and Troy Vincent.

I used to be an enormous baseball fan but after hearing that the league looked the other way on steroids in the 90s, the only games I have watched in the past 10 years are Red Sox World Series ones and only a few of those...so I went from watching about 100 games a year to maybe 1 on average. Why? Because there are consequences for those who lie to me..because there are too many other things in the world more worthy of my time and attention.

Already I have started to distance myself from the NFL, and my friends are in disbelief that I discontinued my fantasy and pick em leagues that I've been leading for over 10 years. My wife is shocked that I followed through on my word and canceled Sunday Ticket and ESPN and had her return two birthday items that were NFL merchandise, although she gets it.

I own a business and have two young kids. I'll get along just fine without the NFL and am not "punishing myself." There's no point in spending the little spare time I have on something I despise and feel negatively about. I forgive Kraft inasmuch as I can and still love the Patriots, but it's hard to separate them from the NFL when they are an NFL team. Regardless, I'll see off Brady and Belichick and always be appreciative of watching them, the best highlight of my sports watching life. But f*ck the NFL. Beyond the Brady BS, this is a league of dishonorable gentlemen. Lies, lies, lies. Concussions, the "bounty scandal," blatant favoritism, lies, more lies, not seeing the Ray Rice tape, more lies. Support them if you want but realize where your time and money is really going.
im with you 100 percent. patriot games only for me. i don't watch playoffs or SuperBowls unless the pats are playing. i hate all the crap surrounding the SuperBowl anyway. its nauseating. f--k espn and the nfl network. i haven't watched their garbage programming for years now. and like you I'll never buy anything from nfl .

I'm not boycotting till Week 5. I've said that I won't be a die hard viewer of the NFL or Pats games once Brady is done, which I stand by. But as long as he is playing and our season hangs in the balance I'll watch.

Brady is the greatest player of all time. Not just a QB but of anyone. His skills, his intelligence, his leadership, ability in the clutch...everything has been awesome to witness. That the NFL committed a witch hunt against him is probably the most egregious and disgraceful thing I've ever seen. I highly doubt I'll be watching every week once he is gone.

But yeah...this year the man is still going to be busting his ass for a championship and hopefully JG can help us with that, or at least not hurt us.

I'm right there with you. I just can't understand why more people won't join us. Despite what's happening to Brady (you know, the guy who's given us 4 championships and been with the team for 16 years), people still want to support Goodell and the NFL by watching and going to the games.

In my thread, I even had someone say, "How can you call yourself a true Pats fan by not watching?" The ****? Like Brady isn't a huge reason for this franchise being what it is today. All of a sudden, Brady is just one player because people can't (more like won't) stop themselves from watching football for just one more month.

I do not remember ever missing a Pats Game and sometimes it has been difficult to do so.. in the 90's when they were blacked out I listened on my radio.. some thought I was a degenerate gambler.

Last year there was a wedding in September I dropped my wife off at the ceremony, and suggested she get a ride back, and I went to the bar at the reception to watch the game... did I get in the **** for that move.

As much as I boil inside over this idiocy, I will watch.. but not much else. Have all the Pats Gear I will ever need...

Apart from picking up Madden 17 and planning to watch, I'm not buying any more shirts, jerseys, or the like until the OP's conditions for the GOAT's reinstatement are met. If that causes anyone here conniption fits, then it sounds like they have a personal problem.

I'm right there with you. I just can't understand why more people won't join us. Despite what's happening to Brady (you know, the guy who's given us 4 championships and been with the team for 16 years), people still want to support Goodell and the NFL by watching and going to the games.

In my thread, I even had someone say, "How can you call yourself a true Pats fan by not watching?" The ****? Like Brady isn't a huge reason for this franchise being what it is today. All of a sudden, Brady is just one player because people can't (more like won't) stop themselves from watching football for just one more month.

I said it and I stand by what I said. There are going to be 53 other guys out there busting their ass to make sure the team is in good shape for when Brady comes back. And some of us just happen to be fans of more than one player and want to support them and watch them succeed. But the way some of you come across is Brady is the entire team. Why even play the games at all, completely pointless until he returns. Supporting the other guys doesn't mean you don't support Brady.

And everyone in this thread who is not watching wont be noticed anyway. I can understand not buying merchandise and I can understand not purchasing cable packages or Sunday Ticket. That is where the NFL will hurt. Things like that make sense. Not watching until Brady returns to me is not effective at all. Should just stop watching football all together, for good. But if doing this makes you feel like you are 'doing something' then go for it.

The only things I really miss in my NFL boycott is not having bought the latest Pats SB DVD which I always love, but since my boycott started before it came out I was hosed. :)
Been to games every year since year 0. For the last 3 decades I shared ST expense with a friend for a few games. Stopped that last year and plan to not go again this year. No tix $$$, no parking $$, no concessions $ (miss those Italian sausages). Cut back my Comcast tier so that I do not pay for NFLN. I miss some of the other channels in that package but TV is a waste of life anyway. Not a draftnik, but usually follow the draft as it happens. Not much this year except for occasional excellent, informative comraderie here on Patsfans. Missed attending training camp for the 1st time ever this year because of overall lack of enthusiasm about football on my part driven by the NFL's unrelenting attack on Brady. Costs nothing to go. For the first time ever I did not know every player on the roster. Got TB12 apparel for birthday since the $ goes to feed Tom's hungry family & not the 32.

I hope to go to a Patriots game or 2 next year or the year after this season just so I can see Brady's last years. After that, I'm done with going to NFL games. Forever.

I gave up Red Sox & MLB completely, including World Series, and later drifted away from my 1st passion the Russell era Celtics, so I know it's not empty talk on my part and can realistically envision no NFL post Belichick and Brady.

Thanks Goodell & the 32.

I said it and I stand by what I said. There are going to be 53 other guys out there busting their ass to make sure the team is in good shape for when Brady comes back. And some of us just happen to be fans of more than one player and want to support them and watch them succeed. But the way some of you come across is Brady is the entire team. Why even play the games at all, completely pointless until he returns. Supporting the other guys doesn't mean you don't support Brady.

And everyone in this thread who is not watching wont be noticed anyway. I can understand not buying merchandise and I can understand not purchasing cable packages or Sunday Ticket. That is where the NFL will hurt. Things like that make sense. Not watching until Brady returns to me is not effective at all. Should just stop watching football all together, for good. But if doing this makes you feel like you are 'doing something' then go for it.

I feel like it would've been effective if enough NE fans did it, including those going to the games. Would've been even more effective if the players themselves didn't play.

I just don't understand where all the anger, fire, and rage went when all this started over a year ago. We're basically telling Goodell he can do whatever he wants to our team and we'll accept it because sixty minutes of watching Pats football is all that matters in the end, Tom Brady or no Tom Brady. Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of other Pats players (many of them retired now), but to downplay Brady (the Michael Jordan of football) isn't one of the main reasons we're in the playoffs every season and in the hunt for SB appearances is crazy. But I can't change your opinion or anyone else's, it seems. So... *shrugs*.

I'm sorry but if your just now finding out how terrible the league is then there's something seriously wrong upstairs. The league has been a joke for many years along other sports.

Some of us actually love football and aren't casual fans "only" watching the Patriots. How can you have any understanding of the game by only watching the Patriots? I certainly wouldn't be wasting my time on a football message board. I'd think about it for 30 seconds and move on with my life.

BTW Bill and the other 53 guys say hi.

Brady is the greatest player of all time. Not just a QB but of anyone. His skills, his intelligence, his leadership, ability in the clutch...everything has been awesome to witness. That the NFL committed a witch hunt against him is probably the most egregious and disgraceful thing I've ever seen.

There it is. Perfectly phrased! Agree 100%

Now that time has run out on the league to do the right thing, an option at their disposal for eighteen months, some temporary and permanent policies have been implemented at my house.

-No NFL allowed on in my home until week 5 of 2016, including Patriots games.
-No NFL allowed in my house ever again, unless it is the New England Patriots, unless (a) Roger Goodell is no longer there, and (b) the league issues a letter of apology about Defamegate. Sole exception is if it is Super Bowl for social/entertainment reasons.
-NFL Sunday Ticket has been cancelled (I was a customer for the last nine years) and all Patriots games are streamed through Sling from my father's local feed in Maine.
-No NFL merchandise will ever be purchased again by any member of my household.
-No NFL game tickets will ever be purchased in my house again, except for a Patriots game that includes Brady and Belichick.
-ESPN banned with the exception of exclusive live sporting events.
-NFL Network banned with the exception of exclusive live Patriots games.
-All brands, merchandise or any type of purchase that would lead to directly or indirectly supporting any of the following people are boycotted: Jim Irsay, Steve Bisciotti, Bob McNair, Jerry Jones, Woody Johnson, John Mara, Troy Aikman, John Madden, John Harbaugh, Chris Mortensen, Stephen A. Smith, Gregg Doyle, Bob Kravitz, Ryan Grigson, Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Pettine, John Elway, Jerry Rice, Charles Haley, Mark Brunell, Bill Nye, Exponent, Paul and Weiss, Ted Wells, Judge Parker, Judge Chin, Ron Wolff, and anyone employed by the NFL corporate office who did not publicly denounce corruption and lies by its leadership but in particular Roger Goodell, Jeff Pash, Mike Kensil, and Troy Vincent.

I used to be an enormous baseball fan but after hearing that the league looked the other way on steroids in the 90s, the only games I have watched in the past 10 years are Red Sox World Series ones and only a few of those...so I went from watching about 100 games a year to maybe 1 on average. Why? Because there are consequences for those who lie to me..because there are too many other things in the world more worthy of my time and attention.

Already I have started to distance myself from the NFL, and my friends are in disbelief that I discontinued my fantasy and pick em leagues that I've been leading for over 10 years. My wife is shocked that I followed through on my word and canceled Sunday Ticket and ESPN and had her return two birthday items that were NFL merchandise, although she gets it.

I own a business and have two young kids. I'll get along just fine without the NFL and am not "punishing myself." There's no point in spending the little spare time I have on something I despise and feel negatively about. I forgive Kraft inasmuch as I can and still love the Patriots, but it's hard to separate them from the NFL when they are an NFL team. Regardless, I'll see off Brady and Belichick and always be appreciative of watching them, the best highlight of my sports watching life. But f*ck the NFL. Beyond the Brady BS, this is a league of dishonorable gentlemen. Lies, lies, lies. Concussions, the "bounty scandal," blatant favoritism, lies, more lies, not seeing the Ray Rice tape, more lies. Support them if you want but realize where your time and money is really going.

It sounds like we've traveled down the same roads.

I also gave up MLB, in spite of the fact that the game is in my blood and I coached it for 20 years. I stepped away a few years before you and haven't missed it one bit.

As for the NFL...
- I've also been contemplating skipping the games until Brady comes back, but I haven't decided yet. I will definitely be dumping the NYJFL the moment Brady retires though.
- I don't see the NYJFL issuing an apology, so that puts a damper on games being viewed in your house.
- NFL Sunday Ticket is not applicable.
- I haven't bought any NFL merchandise in over a year. I know that I'll miss the blue fleece Patriot gloves eventually, but I still have one pair left and a couple of others spread out among the family.
- ESPN is dead to me, but I still sneak over to the NFL Network now and then. That will end when Brady is gone and I leave the NFL
- Most of the names you listed for a merchandise boycott (mine is much longer) probably support things that I wouldn't want anyway. The only thing I would miss would be Steve Biscioti's cookies. ;)

Biscotti Cookies.jpg

I agree with you...maybe we are talking about different things. My problem with Illegal Contact isn't that he disagrees with me. I don't know if he disagrees with me. It's that he takes issue with me even posting it, basically saying no one cares and that this isn't a topic to start a thread about or "advertise" despite a slew of respnses from people who feel otherwise. Anyway, all good, just want to explain I'm not trying to come across as defensive. If people think it's a dumb idea, that's what they think. I just can't stand how Illegal Contact goes onto threads to say what a stupid idea it was to start the thread to begin with, but I think we all know he is mentally unbalanced at best. I am going to take my own medicine and put him on ignore. Thanks for your thoughts though.

It's not that I disagree.....the NFL hasn't gotten a dime from me since 2006

People who go on hunger strikes typically don't go walking around telling people what things they're not going to eat.....

so are you going to pronounce next Monday that you succeeded in not watching even though you likely will?

Set yourself up with the periscope app....I want to watch you not watching the game next Sunday nite while I watch the game

Last edited:
Although I totally respect the views expressed in this thread regarding boycotting the NFL and not watching the Pats if they become ****, I wholeheartedly have to disagree.

For me, supporting a team means backing them through hell and high water. I supported the Patriots when they were the worst team in football and I will if they become that again. I will support the Patriots when Bob Kraft is dead, when Bill is close to following him and when Tom is fat and sat on a beach.

There are 53 players out there who need the support and to know everyone is behind them. A sulky 'they hurt my Tom so I'm taking my ball home' attitude doesn't help them.

Feel free not to buy NFL merchandise, use illegal streams to watch the game, don't put money in the coffers of the likes of Goodell, but turning your back on the team and the jersey sucks.

Go Pats!

You've succeeded in taking his stance on the topic, which is relatively meaningless, and made it even more meaningless

For 10 years now, when it comes to the NFL, I'm like the people who go to Costco at lunchtime and load up on the samples and leave without buying a thing.....I walk past the **** the sucks and go right for the good stuff.....sausages, crab dip, etc .... And when I'm done, I'm out without buying a thing

I don't actually do that at Costco, but if you see someone strolling without a cart, you know that's what they're there for

I don't think you understood the gist of my post.

I'm stating a position in which my time and money is for sale based on the product on the field because I chose not to have the business practices and ethically-challenged NFL influence my buying decisions.

You've chosen to watch games and not spend a dime on NFL-related items and thats totally fine.

You've succeeded in taking his stance on the topic, which is relatively meaningless, and made it even more meaningless

For 10 years now, when it comes to the NFL, I'm like the people who go to Costco at lunchtime and load up on the samples and leave without buying a thing.....I walk past the **** the sucks and go right for the good stuff.....sausages, crab dip, etc .... And when I'm done, I'm out without buying a thing

I don't actually do that at Costco, but if you see someone strolling without a cart, you know that's what they're there for
So you're Legally White Trash. Good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case