PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Suspension and Boycott begins at my house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice_Ice_Brady

I heard 10,000 whispering and nobody listening
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Now that time has run out on the league to do the right thing, an option at their disposal for eighteen months, some temporary and permanent policies have been implemented at my house.

-No NFL allowed on in my home until week 5 of 2016, including Patriots games.
-No NFL allowed in my house ever again, unless it is the New England Patriots, unless (a) Roger Goodell is no longer there, and (b) the league issues a letter of apology about Defamegate. Sole exception is if it is Super Bowl for social/entertainment reasons.
-NFL Sunday Ticket has been cancelled (I was a customer for the last nine years) and all Patriots games are streamed through Sling from my father's local feed in Maine.
-No NFL merchandise will ever be purchased again by any member of my household.
-No NFL game tickets will ever be purchased in my house again, except for a Patriots game that includes Brady and Belichick.
-ESPN banned with the exception of exclusive live sporting events.
-NFL Network banned with the exception of exclusive live Patriots games.
-All brands, merchandise or any type of purchase that would lead to directly or indirectly supporting any of the following people are boycotted: Jim Irsay, Steve Bisciotti, Bob McNair, Jerry Jones, Woody Johnson, John Mara, Troy Aikman, John Madden, John Harbaugh, Chris Mortensen, Stephen A. Smith, Gregg Doyle, Bob Kravitz, Bob Glauber, Jackie MacMullan, Ian O'Connor, Chris Chase (and whichever paper employs him at any given time), Ryan Grigson, Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Pettine, John Elway, Jerry Rice, Charles Haley, Mark Brunell, Bill Nye, Exponent, Paul and Weiss, Ted Wells, Judge Parker, Judge Chin, Ron Wolff, and anyone employed by the NFL corporate office who did not publicly denounce corruption and lies by its leadership but in particular Roger Goodell, Jeff Pash, Mike Kensil, Dave Gardi and Troy Vincent.

I used to be an enormous baseball fan but after hearing that the league looked the other way on steroids in the 90s, the only games I have watched in the past 10 years are Red Sox World Series ones and only a few of those...so I went from watching about 100 games a year to maybe 1 on average. Why? Because there are consequences for those who lie to me..because there are too many other things in the world more worthy of my time and attention.

Already I have started to distance myself from the NFL, and my friends are in disbelief that I discontinued my fantasy and pick em leagues that I've been leading for over 10 years. My wife is shocked that I followed through on my word and canceled Sunday Ticket and ESPN and had her return two birthday items that were NFL merchandise, although she gets it.

I own a business and have two young kids. I'll get along just fine without the NFL and am not "punishing myself." There's no point in spending the little spare time I have on something I despise and feel negatively about. I forgive Kraft inasmuch as I can and still love the Patriots, but it's hard to separate them from the NFL when they are an NFL team. Regardless, I'll see off Brady and Belichick and always be appreciative of watching them, the best highlight of my sports watching life. But f*ck the NFL. Beyond the Brady BS, this is a league of dishonorable gentlemen. Lies, lies, lies. Concussions, the "bounty scandal," blatant favoritism, lies, more lies, not seeing the Ray Rice tape, more lies. Support them if you want but realize where your time and money is really going.

Last edited:
1305120661206.gif~c200

Really.....WTF is in the value of advertising this ****?

Now that time has run out on the league to do the right thing, an option at their disposal for eighteen months, some temporary and permanent policies have been implemented at my house.

-No NFL allowed on in my home until week 5 of 2016, including Patriots games.
-No NFL allowed in my house ever again, unless it is the New England Patriots, unless (a) Roger Goodell is no longer there, and (b) the league issues a letter of apology about Defamegate. Sole exception is if it is Super Bowl for social/entertainment reasons.
-NFL Sunday Ticket has been cancelled (I was a customer for the last nine years) and all Patriots games are streamed through Sling from my father's local feed in Maine.
-No NFL merchandise will ever be purchased again by any member of my household.
-No NFL game tickets will ever be purchased in my house again, except for a Patriots game that includes Brady and Belichick.
-ESPN banned with the exception of exclusive live sporting events.
-NFL Network banned with the exception of exclusive live Patriots games.
-All brands, merchandise or any type of purchase that would lead to directly or indirectly supporting any of the following people are boycotted: Jim Irsay, Steve Bisciotti, Bob McNair, Jerry Jones, Woody Johnson, John Mara, Troy Aikman, John Madden, John Harbaugh, Chris Mortensen, Stephen A. Smith, Gregg Doyle, Bob Kravitz, Ryan Grigson, Emmanuel Sanders, Mike Pettine, John Elway, Jerry Rice, Charles Haley, Bill Nye, Exponent, Paul and Weiss, Ted Wells, Judge Parker, Judge Chin, Ron Wolff, and anyone employed by the NFL corporate office who did not publicly denounce corruption and lies by its leadership but in particular Roger Goodell, Jeff Pash, Mike Kensil, and Troy Vincent.

I used to be an enormous baseball fan but after hearing that the league looked the other way on steroids in the 90s, the only games I have watched in the past 10 years are Red Sox World Series ones and only a few of those...so I went from watching about 100 games a year to maybe 1 on average. Why? Because there are consequences for those who lie to me..because there are too many other things in the world more worthy of my time and attention.

Already I have started to distance myself from the NFL, and my friends are in disbelief that I discontinued my fantasy and pick em leagues that I've been leading for over 10 years. My wife is shocked that I followed through on my word and canceled Sunday Ticket and ESPN and had her return two birthday items that were NFL merchandise, although she gets it.

I own a business and have two young kids. I'll get along just fine without the NFL and am not "punishing myself." There's no point in spending the little spare time I have on something I despise and feel negatively about. I forgive Kraft inasmuch as I can and still love the Patriots, but it's hard to separate them from the NFL when they are an NFL team. Regardless, I'll see off Brady and Belichick and always be appreciative of watching them, the best highlight of my sports watching life. But f*ck the NFL. Beyond the Brady BS, this is a league of dishonorable gentlemen. Lies, lies, lies. Concussions, the "bounty scandal," blatant favoritism, lies, more lies, not seeing the Ray Rice tape, more lies. Support them if you want but realize where your time and money is really going.
You, my friend, are totally awesome.

0*yD4FYm0Bl2380lmG.png

"Father, forgive me... I'm going to watch the Patriots games from which Tom Brady has been suspended."

o_O

I have my reasons and many will appreciate this thread. What are your reasons for viewing and responding on so a subject that provides no value. The thread subject was clear.

'Look at me not watch!!!! Well, except for this time.....and oh yeah, this time'

I'm responding because you're funny.......in a really pathetic kind of way

Ice, I appreciate the thoughts behind your post. That said, this is a forum for expression about all things Pats, and you have to expect differing viewpoints... even when they're as delicately and sensitively expressed as the poster to whom you responded. ;) Cheers and good luck.

Ice, I appreciate the thoughts behind your post. That said, this is a forum for expression about all things Pats, and you have to expect differing viewpoints... even when they're as delicately and sensitively expressed as the poster to whom you responded. ;) Cheers and good luck.

I try to be respectful as well, particularly of those who disagree with me. One thing I can't stand though are responses like his. You have the option of not clicking on the thread or even ignoring it altogether with an easy site feature. Can't stand when people go on to threads with a snarky comment that this topic is beneath them. Apparently it isn't.

I can understand if this were a bait and switch topic, but was there any doubt that's what my post was about?

Disagreement drives interest IMHO. Your thread will get a lot more interaction because of those kinds of posts. And then you can defend yourself... and make the point from different angles. That's what this is about, right? The point. Stay cool.

Benedict Bob and the other corrupt 31 are lying to you. How the hell are you giving him a pass? Goodell is just the fall guy man.

At least you're doing more than those shameful fans who cheered that POS of owner as he came out with the lombardi. Didn't Cris Carter teach you anything?

Last edited:
I have both sympathize and admire your manifesto. I don't think anyone will be able to dispute anything that you said. I'm afraid my curiosity about JG will get me to watch the team during the first month of the season, but as for the rest of your boycott, I'm 100% on board.

For the same reasons you have so eloquently listed, I think your dismissal of the NFL is just another indicator that shows ever eroding support of the NFL like an iceberg in the North Atlantic on sunny day that Global warming is continued to be ignored.

Great job and hope to discuss Patriot games with you when you return

Thanks for sharing. I admire your point of view and carrying thru with it. I will be watching come next Sunday however but my spending and NFl viewing is way down from what it once was. Fantasy sports no more. I don't miss it at all. We also canceled BSPN and NFLN LAST year. I don't miss those either.

Thanks for sharing. I admire your point of view and carrying thru with it. I will be watching come next Sunday however but my spending and NFl viewing is way down from what it once was. Fantasy sports no more. I don't miss it at all. We also canceled BSPN and NFLN LAST year. I don't miss those either.

Good for you OP. I've also stopped all cable or Directv. Just streaming from now on. I still enjoy the game of football because of the brilliance of execution and strategy. So I'll keep watching for that. At least, just the good teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes