PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Playoffs: Detroit Lions at Dallas Cowboys - odds, stats, preview and prediction

B6jJRaKCUAEJ472.jpg

On the TD...possibly 2 holds

That looks bad. Damn!

7_3347081.jpg

"Never touched him!!" screams ScumbagTrollFromPhilly.."and Sherman IS a genius with a master's degree!!!"...

The lions player is holding the helmet of the Cowboy Lb lol. You could've picked a better pic.

B6jJRaKCUAEJ472.jpg

On the TD...possibly 2 holds

you know they won't call 'that looks like a hold' calls. it has to be blatantly obvious to my wife on a treadmill. 'hey honey, white jersey is holding blue. is that normal?' now they will call that 50% of the time

Becuse I don't line up to cheer when bigots call young black professionals thugs for anything other than their melanin.

My opinions on Sherman are well documented here, feel free to search. I respect him as an athlete and a PERSON. I also hope we beat the brakes off his team in the super bowl. Brady also has a rep as an on-field **** talker, in NFL player circles. I don't think any less of him for it.
Please, take your f*cking race card crap somewhere else. I know of no one here who ever called that jackass anything associated with his "melanin." It makes no difference what color he is, his shameful misbehavior speaks for itself. He defines PUNK. He CONSTANTLY baits and belittles players from other teams and their fans. He's always flapping his jaw about non-football ephemera to get himself noticed. If you think that's "genius," you apparently share the same personality disorder.

Suggs ejected for helmet to helmet hit. I could live with it.

Doesn't make him a thug. That's the point of the sig. Pro football is entertainment, and he's very entertaining. That pro wrestling villain act he does gets people every time. Look how mad people here are and we have played them once in his entire career.

It's funny because with the skip thing, he turned skips words back on him. All he did was critique skip as a journalist, Skip got just what he was looking for, a sound bite. Sherman put out those better at life T-shirts on his website and made a few bucks.

Win-Win

do people still call him a thug? i think most people consider him a punk. everybody knows he is a shrewd operator. and yes, he is a 'heel' who irritates many people.

but obviously he can't be that smart with 24 wonderlic score. that's pretty pathetic. go take wonderlic tests. it's friggin elementary crap. real stanford student should at least get 40

He cannot be a punk he graduated from Stanford with a masters and high GPA which automatically makes him a saint...

(sarc)

Not automatically, but then again that would require the grasp of the definition of what a thug actually is. Valedictorian of his HS. Yea tons of thugs are bookworms.

The lions player is holding the helmet of the Cowboy Lb lol. You could've picked a better pic.

He's reaching for the ball, IgnorantTrollFrom Philly...and Sherman did NOT have a 1400 SAT score, nor did he graduate with a 3.7 GPA nor did he obtain a master's degree, IgnorantTrollFromPhilly...your sig is an INSULT to every fan of the NFL, IgnorantTrollFromPhilly, as is your ridiculous defense of an obvious PI call that WAS called then overturned minutes later without an explanation.

Time to crapcan your current nick and go back to your original SB39 login.

Not automatically, but then again that would require the grasp of the definition of what a thug actually is. Valedictorian of his HS. Yea tons of thugs are bookworms.

The worst piece of trash thug I ever met was a college graduate. He was an Irishman, by the way, and about as pale as a man can get.

Now, can we please stop acting as if defending against the word 'thug' is somehow of any value on a sports message board.?

Please, take your f*cking race card crap somewhere else. I know of no one here who ever called that jackass anything associated with his "melanin." It makes no difference what color he is, his shameful misbehavior speaks for itself. He defines PUNK. He CONSTANTLY baits and belittles players from other teams and their fans. He's always flapping his jaw about non-football ephemera to get himself noticed. If you think that's "genius," you apparently share the same personality disorder.

Black person voicing their opinion better accuse them of throwing the race card lol.

Check his mentions on Twitter following the NFC championship game. I dare you. Thug is a mild one actually. To call a person a thug when they have done nothing close to thuggish, sigh. It's clear what's going on. I don't think anything he has done would constitute as shameful. The fact that fans of a team in a conference care enough to debate him means he's doing something right. Also he's really really good at what he does.

Brandon Spikes was called a thug here too when he left. What did he do that was shameful.

He's reaching for the ball, IgnorantTrollFrom Philly...and Sherman did NOT have a 1400 SAT score, nor did he graduate with a 3.7 GPA nor did he obtain a master's degree, IgnorantTrollFromPhilly...your sig is an INSULT to every fan of the NFL, IgnorantTrollFromPhilly, as is your ridiculous defense of an obvious PI call that WAS called then overturned minutes later without an explanation.

Time to crapcan your current nick and go back to your original SB39 login.

Was it catchable? He is allowed to be in the way of the ball's trajectory. Face guarding is not a penalty.

His left hand is on the Helmet. The right has a handful of shoulder pad. Doesn't matter becuse the ball wasn't catchable anyway. Could've gone either way. I don't get the crusade. Just something to justify those tin foil hats.

he must went to crap high school. a real valedictorian from a real school doesn't get 24 on wonderlic tests.
ben watson got 48 on wonderlic by the way.

and you better revise your pic. many reports say Sherman got 3.9 GPA/990 SAT/1060 retake.

i don't know what to believe. i certainly won't believe anything i read. but 24 wonderlic is real. he has an average brain. smart enough for NFL sure because avg wonderlic for CB is 18.

but no, he can't be a bookworm. don't be silly. athletes can get away with things.

I'm sure there are plenty of scumbags in government and wall street with high GPAs, hell a good friend of mine spent 2 years in prison and he has a PHD. I don't hate Sherman and would love him in a pats Jersey
personally, seems like a great team mate and intelligent football player, I just think your reasoning is flawed. Good grades does not equal good person nor does it mean someone can't be a loudmouth punk imo...

Peace...

there are more than 1 refs.

So the NFL has determined that it is going to fix games, but is going to leave it up to chance that the dirty officials can convince the clean ones to make the wrong call at the critical moment? Possible, but unlikely. And if the NFL is fixing games for ratings, why are the Jets, Redskins, Cowboys, Eagles, Raiders, Bears, Texans and other large market teams consistently out of the playoffs (or losing in the playoffs)? Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Certainly, at real speed it is conceivable that one or more officials thought that there was no contact (or back and forth jostling, which there appeared to be) that negated the penalty. I'll choose to believe that eminently reasonable explanation unless there is more concrete evidence that you can point to.

Was it catchable? He is allowed to be in the way of the ball's trajectory. Face guarding is not a penalty.

His left hand is on the Helmet. The right has a handful of shoulder pad. Doesn't matter becuse the ball wasn't catchable anyway. Could've gone either way. I don't get the crusade. Just something to justify those tin foil hats.

It was a clear cut DPI, and the ball was absolutely catchable. You're way off on this one. Let it go.

I'm sure there are plenty of scumbags in government and wall street with high GPAs, hell a good friend of mine spent 2 years in prison and he has a PHD. I don't hate Sherman and would love him in a pats Jersey
personally, seems like a great team mate and intelligent football player, I just think your reasoning is flawed. Good grades does not equal good person nor does it mean someone can't be a loudmouth punk imo...

Peace...

Being a white collar criminal is not what is being discussed here.

anything you say IgnorantTrollFromPhilly39..

781e52d74e9c76f815f2f83facba8cbc.gif

he must went to crap high school. a real valedictorian from a real school doesn't get 24 on wonderlic tests.
ben watson got 48 on wonderlic by the way.

and you better revise your pic. many reports say Sherman got 3.9 GPA/990 SAT/1060 retake.

i don't know what to believe. i certainly won't believe anything i read. but 24 wonderlic is real. he has an average brain. smart enough for NFL sure because avg wonderlic for CB is 18.

but no, he can't be a bookworm. don't be silly. athletes can get away with things.

Good for him. Explain how it makes him a thug.

I turned off the game after the DPI flag was picked up. Figured they just tilted the game for Dallas.Peter King mentioned in an article about the New York review process that the refs ON THE FIELD during play have a small earpiece to New York. Somebody at HQ must have told him to pick up the flag. Teams would do well to score enough to overcome the other team AND overcome the official corruption.

Last edited:

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back