PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Playoffs: Detroit Lions at Dallas Cowboys - odds, stats, preview and prediction

Man, I think someday we will look back on how the refs would "influence" the game and wonder how we could have missed it. I don't think the NFL is fixed but I think they can tinker with the officiating to ensure a more competitive game or allow a certain team to win...

Man, I think someday we will look back on how the refs would "influence" the game and wonder how we could have missed it. I don't think the NFL is fixed but I think they can tinker with the officiating to ensure a more competitive game or allow a certain team to win...

Stern was famous for that when he was NBA commissioner.

dez ran to the refs with helmet off. on that PI call. where is teh outrage?

Why DO you have that signature? What kind of Patriot fan wants a massive picture in their signature that defends (with ********) the guy who got in Brady's face all hostile, after a 1 point home win, yelling "YOU MAD BRO?"

Why not have a picture of Suggs with Spygate quotes?

Becuse I don't line up to cheer when bigots call young black professionals thugs for anything other than their melanin.

My opinions on Sherman are well documented here, feel free to search. I respect him as an athlete and a PERSON. I also hope we beat the brakes off his team in the super bowl. Brady also has a rep as an on-field **** talker, in NFL player circles. I don't think any less of him for it.

The NFL has been fixing games for years. It was obvious the year before last with Baltimore. The 49ers choking it up all game, with all the chang-ching going into these games, the NFL needs the SB to be a ratings success. Goodell orders the lights out, giving the niners even more time to regroup and cough up whatever they were choking on and they came out and nearly beat the Ravens. Well that was until the referee cheated the niners in the end, out of a game that really shouldn't have been a game in the first place. But the move was "BEST FOR BUSINESS"

This year Dallas will probably win the SB because the NFL has set it up for them to win it all. This is probably Romo's and Witten's last ride. This year looks to be the only year Dallas could convincingly win it all and how will the NFL execute this plan:

1. Cheat those sorry Panthers into the NFC Championship. It's the only way I see Dallas advancing. The refs basically handed Carolina 2 TDs against Arizona, not that it really mattered.
2. Cheat Dallas into the same game.
3. Dallas will likely beat Carolina without further assistance from the refs. Newton is that bad.

Now they want this SB to break ratings records, how will that be possible? Why not set up the whole America's team vs America's team game. Patriots vs Cowboys, why not.

1. Patriots always struggle against Baltimore in the playoffs, I wouldn't be surprised if some BS call goes in the Pats favor and advance them. Not that we need it, but Baltimore may be even better than I expected, still beatable though.
2. The rest of the playoff picture looks pretty simple for New England, they should have no issue with blowing out Indy or Denver the next week.

The media will blow the Dallas-NE game to new heights. They will talk, talk, talk and on gameday, New England, unfortunately will lose by 3 points, because Goodell said so. Brady will still be considered a GOAT who could've easily won 6 if he (1) had more time (2) had a better D (3) had better protection and Dallas will earn all the bragging rights to be called America's team, Romo will retire as the GOAT in Dallas as far as media goes, that old greedy Jerry Jones will be richer and the NFL as an whole will be even richer, because that is "BEST FOR BUSINESS"

I LOVE conspiracies and I believe in them. I hope they let teams play the game like it should be played, that way Brady can get another ring on his finger by blowing out any of those scrubs in the NFC in the SB, cause I just don't see any real competition from over there this year.

Personally, I'm okay with that call. It could have been a PI and should have been a PI flag and if it were the Patriots I would flip my **** if it wasn't a PI flag. HOWEVER... Stafford kind of threw the ball right at the DB's back. What's he supposed to do? Uncatchable balls aren't only overthrown. I guess throw at the back of a DB running between the QB and receiver could also count.

dalpi.0.gif

I see the PI here yet at the same time I don't know what #59 was supposed to do short of growing eyes in the back of his head. It's not like the receiver made any cut. The pass was thrown right through the DB.

Seems like that opens up a grey area.

"Mr. Sherman"? Oh, you mean JAPANESE DONKEY-PUNK.

I hate to admit you're correct about Japanese Donkey-Punk not being a thug, because he's too childish to qualify for genuine thugdom. Unfortunately, there's never been a bigger PUNK in the history of football. Pretty strange we have a member of Patsfans who worships a punk from another team in his own sig, especially a punk who tried to bait our own quarterback after a game. Remember your hero-punk's shenanigans that day?

View attachment 7954

He cannot be a punk he graduated from Stanford with a masters and high GPA which automatically makes him a saint...

(sarc)

Stat of the day

Matthew Stafford is 0-18 against the winning teams on the road.

holy guacamole.

I'm not saying that there is no chance that games are fixed but, if this game was fixed, why would they originally call it pass interference and draw attention to it?

Personally, I'm okay with that call. It could have been a PI and should have been a PI flag and if it were the Patriots I would flip my **** if it wasn't a PI flag. HOWEVER... Stafford kind of threw the ball right at the DB's back. What's he supposed to do? Uncatchable balls aren't only overthrown. I guess throw at the back of a DB running between the QB and receiver could also count.

dalpi.0.gif

I see the PI here yet at the same time I don't know what #59 was supposed to do short of growing eyes in the back of his head. It's not like the receiver made any cut. The pass was thrown right through the DB.

but they called it. and then lifted it up. and then dez ran to the field with helmet off and barked.

comprendo?

Becuse I don't line up to cheer when bigots call young black professionals thugs for anything other than their melanin.

My opinions on Sherman are well documented here, feel free to search. I respect him as an athlete and a PERSON. I also hope we beat the brakes off his team in the super bowl. Brady also has a rep as an on-field **** talker, in NFL player circles. I don't think any less of him for it.

Sherman went out of his way to talk ridiculous amounts of unnecessary trash to everybody in order to make himself a household name. He went on ESPN and told reporters they suck at life, he got in a HOF'ers face like he wanted to fight him after a 1 point win. What exactly should people have called him?

A class act?

I'm not saying that there is no chance that games are fixed but, if this game was fixed, why would they originally call it pass interference and draw attention to it?

there are more than 1 refs.

dalpi.0.gif

Well instead of growing eyes in the back of his head maybe he could have turned his head and used the eyes in the front of his head?

"Mr. Sherman"? Oh, you mean JAPANESE DONKEY-PUNK.

I hate to admit you're correct about Japanese Donkey-Punk not being a thug, because he's too childish to qualify for genuine thugdom. Unfortunately, there's never been a bigger PUNK in the history of football. Pretty strange we have a member of Patsfans who worships a punk from another team in his own sig, especially a punk who tried to bait our own quarterback after a game. Remember your hero-punk's shenanigans that day?

View attachment 7954

That was the move that got him noticed nationally, and it was genius. Also Brady was talking **** that day too, Brady isn't the shy ugg wearing person people portray him as. Sherman said Brady came right at him like: "Who are you again?" LOL.

Brady knows every corner in the NFL it was strictly to **** talk a young corner and rattle him.

He cannot be a punk he graduated from Stanford with a masters and high GPA which automatically makes him a saint...

(sarc)
You make a good point. Higher education doesn't necessarily cure one of being a thug or punk. But now I'm curious whether Stanford has a quota system for Japanese donkeys. That might shed some light on this phenomenon.

Sherman went out of his way to talk ridiculous amounts of unnecessary trash to everybody in order to make himself a household name. He went on ESPN and told reporters they suck at life, he got in a HOF'ers face like he wanted to fight him after a 1 point win. What exactly should people have called him?

A class act?

Doesn't make him a thug. That's the point of the sig. Pro football is entertainment, and he's very entertaining. That pro wrestling villain act he does gets people every time. Look how mad people here are and we have played them once in his entire career.

It's funny because with the skip thing, he turned skips words back on him. All he did was critique skip as a journalist, Skip got just what he was looking for, a sound bite. Sherman put out those better at life T-shirts on his website and made a few bucks.

Win-Win

dalpi.0.gif

It would have been better if they hadn't thrown the flag in the first place. The fact that it was thrown, the penalty was announced, and then suddenly not enforced without explanation is the problem I (and probably most) have with it. I can't think of another situation where that happened. Even last year with the PI on Gronk the flag was just thrown and picked up (no penalty announced).

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back