PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Owners wants Goodell to reduce 4 game suspension and end Deflategate once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the dorito dinks sue, they've hardly been mentioned. Even Mike McCann said Brady has to think about a defamation suit after the way this went down.

Brady's rating as an endorser went way down. so there are financial issues, it is stupid Brady is making more money for the scumbags who are harassing and defaming him.

What about the sponsor Brady didn't get?

As barbs fly, Tom Brady's lucrative brand is now put in peril - The Boston Globe

Goodell lied in his decision about what Brady said under oath.
First of all, we're on the same side here.

An earlier reply to my post by @JMC00 put forth a reasonable scenario under which Brady might proceed. I found that useful and thanked the poster above.

As for your first comment, law suits require quantifiable damages. So, how much did that cost him? Who will attest to that under oath that they did not hire Brady or paid him less because of Deflategate.

The Globe article would qualify as "hearsay." Again, who will attest to the facts under oath and say that they did not hire Brady and that they had prepared to pay him $x million?

Your final point is addressed at length by @JMCoo and could indeed be valid...I hope it is. Generally, the courts give an enormous amount of leeway to what is said about a public figure, but it might be possible to proceed in the context of JMCoo's comments. As I said in my response, I hope they are right.

Brady should get punished no more than the Chargers for stickumgate - $8500 fine (and reimbursement of all of his legal fees)

Yup, and there is still 1 big difference between the two... there was undeniable proof that the Chargers used stickum, there is zero proof that balls were deflated.. science literally backs up everything that transpired.. and the league admitted to a federal judge that they were not aware of the IGL when they issued their punishment, so they ran with 1 text saying deflator and a restroom break to take a leak as their only evidence that something nefarious was going on.

It's reasonable to assume that someone who goes into the bathroom for 120 seconds or whatever was..... you know.... GOING TO THE BATHROOM!

it's reasonable to assume that referring to himself as the deflator was a joke centered around the heavy emphasis Brady put on the equipment guys to ensure the balls were at 12.5 PSI.. which is BACKED UP BY ACTUAL TEXTS where the ball was set to 16 PSI in a Jets game

The NFL made their entire case on those 2 points, both of which can more than reasonable be explained.

Then they threw the destruction of the phone on top during the arbitration process to change the focus and narrative to that.. people keep repeating like parrots "Brady destroyed evidence! Why would he destroy his phone if he was innocent!!!!/&÷¥!#"

There was no destruction of evidence, they produced all of the texts that were requested.. after Ted Wells already said that he DID NOT NEED THE PHONE, only the texts.

It's also reasonable for a mega celebrity like Brady to recycle his phone with a trusted company so that people don't go dumpster diving and get their hands on it, hack into it and pull private texts, email, photos and contacts... like those ****heads at TMZ would do in a SECOND given the chance.. especially when he has a history of recycling his phones in this manner

If I was them I'd have just said "I'll grow wings and fly before I turn my personal cell phone over to you ****ing low lifes... but here are all my texts you wanted, I hope you choke on them"

The entire narrative turned into "OMG HE DESTROYED HIS PHONE, GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!"

FFF*********** this stuff makes me so angry!

Last edited:
Well, if this is true, it wouldn't be hard to fix the problem. Buy out Goodells contract, tell the new commissioner to eliminate Brady's suspension and give the picks back to Kraft. I can dream can't I?:D

I speculated about this yesterday's thread. The questions are:

1) how far are the owners willing to go? Meaning are they willing to order/force the Commish that they don't give a f&^$ about his personal pride, and just negotiate a 1-2 game punishment with no strings attached (i.e. no "admission of guilt"). Or is just an abstract, "Roger, pretty please your holiness, please settle cause I'm sick of hearing about it?"

2) Is Brady willing to do that? Akin to accepting a plea deal for something you didn't do, knowing the odds of him getting his suspension overturned at all are extremely low now. I could see Brady accepting only if he thinks it'll help the team more than him being a "political prisoner" would help the union.

Today's story:
Report: NFL won’t talk settlement with NFLPA, Tom Brady

So in answer to my 1st question, those owners clearly went the latter "pretty please Mr. Awesome???" route. I don't understand their deference to all things Goodell; does this guy have Voldemort-like powers that we're all not aware of?

Last edited:
check and mate. **** goodell man.

same with our gutless piece of **** owner who still hasn't commented.

Today's story:

So in answer to my 1st question, those owners clearly went the latter "pretty please Mr. Awesome???" route. I don't understand their deference to all things Goodell; does this guy have Voldemort-like powers that we're all not aware of?

Its called the printing of money for the 32. Weekly Thursday games...the draft moved to a prime time 3 day event and the coverage leading up to it...all the other little things you see getting major coverage like prime time media day at the SB. Again my experience with fans of other teams are basically glad the "Cheater" got his, since ESPN said he cheated they wouldn't lie. Controlling the media...bringing in money...the 32 much to our chagrin are very happy with Goodell, weakening a rival, making money hands over fist and finding new revenue streams like London, they approve of this, don't believe they want this to end...only 1 fanbase is angry at these events, the other 31 are happier than a pig in slop.

Today's story:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and Kraft pissed off a bunch of owners when he publicly backed Goodell while he railroaded their teams. I am not sure if you read this article but I think it is spot on. Deflategate was more about punishing Kraft than Brady

Last edited:
The one thing I will say if Brady does get suspended, when he gets back that Bill allows Brady to run up the scores as much as he wants to in order to get the other f*ckers owners pissed even more.

Why would the dorito dinks sue, they've hardly been mentioned. Even Mike McCann said Brady has to think about a defamation suit after the way this went down.
Because it's easy money.

I would rather Brady retire than serve even 1 minute of a suspension for something that he did not do.

If that will be the case, we better get Carson Wentz...

Coming at this from the outside, not a Pats fan anymore, my opinion:

If it was true that footballs were deliberately deflated and Brady was directly involved (I emphasize the "if"), a 4-game suspension and taking away the draft pick seems too harsh a punishment. The NFL would have to somehow prove that this gave Brady a definite and unfair edge in games, or that opposing teams were unfairly disadvantaged by this. That doesn't seem to be the case.

The only other scenario that would warrant such a severe punishment would be if Brady, whatever his involvement, deliberately went out of his way to cover the whole thing up Richard Nixon-Watergate style. This again is something that doesn't seem to be the case.

Even with the new ruling, IMO Goodell would be smart to negotiate a settlement with Brady and the Pats for a less severe punishment.

He doesn't seem to want to. That's leading to a lot of speculation. Owners out to get the Pats, Goodell taking revenge because he thought the Spygate penalty was too light, etc. etc. everything except for a fair and impartial judgment that isn't helping the NFL much at all.

Brady should sue Goodell and the papers should be served during the NFL Draft.
"With the first pick ..."
"Are you Roger Goodell?"
"Yes?"
"You've been served" :D

We are already this far now....I am curious to see what Tom and the union does next.

Brady was cornered and I hope he come out and does whatever is necessary. At this point the court of public appeal has already made their decision but it would be nice to hold accountable and expose anyone involved in this framejob.

Love hearing these "Expert" commentators and sports analysts that believe Brady should just accept his punishment and move on. Their friggin reputation and legacy is not on the line, but they think they are justified in giving the advice to just let it go. I would hope that if they were in his situation they would fight for what they thought was right. If Brady truly believes he did nothing wrong, then he should go all the way (Whatever that really is, I'm not sure). Certain people sure seem to have all of the answers when it is not their career on the line.
I'm not disagreeing necessarily so much as I need to pose the question: What's all the way at this point? He would appear to be at the mercy of the courts, and unless they grant a stay if Brady appeals, he is serving the four-game suspension. That's just the reality of the situation legally. As far as reputation or legacy, I'm not too worried about that after he retires. I think his legacy will be set, especially if they win another Title. Deflategate will be a footnote at that point.

I don't know. I feel the same now as I did this time last off season. I just want to turn my attention to the game on the field. Sadly, I'm preparing myself for Tom not being on the field the first four weeks. But the boys have to roll anyway. It is what the F it is. It sucks. It's unfair. It's a witch hunt. And I am truly convinced that this is all about sticking it to the Patriots. But it is what it is. Tom will fight, as he should. I just am not optimistic that it'll change much at this point. Ideally, I hope they get a stay, the Pats go undefeated and Brady retires. They GAVE a SB to Manning so he could walk off into the sunset on top. Tom deserves the same.

I'm not disagreeing necessarily so much as I need to pose the question: What's all the way at this point? He would appear to be at the mercy of the courts, and unless they grant a stay if Brady appeals, he is serving the four-game suspension. That's just the reality of the situation legally. As far as reputation or legacy, I'm not too worried about that after he retires. I think his legacy will be set, especially if they win another Title. Deflategate will be a footnote at that point.

I don't know. I feel the same now as I did this time last off season. I just want to turn my attention to the game on the field. Sadly, I'm preparing myself for Tom not being on the field the first four weeks. But the boys have to roll anyway. It is what the F it is. It sucks. It's unfair. It's a witch hunt. And I am truly convinced that this is all about sticking it to the Patriots. But it is what it is. Tom will fight, as he should. I just am not optimistic that it'll change much at this point. Ideally, I hope they get a stay, the Pats go undefeated and Brady retires. They GAVE a SB to Manning so he could walk off into the sunset on top. Tom deserves the same.
Brady does not need nor deserve anything given to him.

Dorito dink was fired for doing nothing and had his named publicly dragged in the open.

My guess is Dorito Dink and the other guy signed a agreement where they got paid in exchange for keeping their mouth shut and agreeing not to take any action.
That is the only possible explanation as to how no one has been able to get anything out of them, and as to why they would not defend themselves.

If Kraft allowed them to sign a severance & non-disparage agreement -- which I'm guessing he had to and that the NFL couldn't have gotten them to sign it -- Kraft did Brady a huge disservice.

The one thing I will say if Brady does get suspended, when he gets back that Bill allows Brady to run up the scores as much as he wants to in order to get the other f*ckers owners pissed even more.

Bill already allows that now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back