PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 11: Other Games Thread

Texans got screwed badly by the refs with not overturning that obvious DPI in the end-zone. That was 7 points. Also cost them a timeout, which Houston could've used to get more plays off for a closer field goal.

So, just looking at today's games so far, I've got a couple of quick takeaways.

1. It sure looks as if Jay Gruden was fired for being right about Haskins.
  2. It also looks as if Zimmer has no business being more than a D.C..

Texans got screwed badly by the refs with not overturning that obvious DPI in the end-zone. That was 7 points. Also cost them a timeout, which Houston could've used to get more plays off for a closer field goal.
League has to create competition for #1 seed I guess. I thought Houston really had a chance in this game. Texans familiar with a mobile QB (they practice with one). Ravens coming off a big game (potential trap game vs. Houston).

And who woke up the Falcons?

What a lame performance from the texans. Should they lose at least it gives us some breathing room for a BYE no matter what. I just want us to win and bounce back today.

I’m so sick of it. If you’re not gonna overturn a clear PI then get rid of the damn rule!

I see NE beating them. Other teams could as well. I’m not ready to crown their *** (RIP D Green).
Right now, after pretty much DOMINATING 2/3 or 4 best teams in the NFL, how I don't see how one could argue that they're going to lose ..Houston hasn't been competitive and the Pats were competitive for about a quarter...

I’m so sick of it. If you’re not gonna overturn a clear PI then get rid of the damn rule!

The irony is that they wouldn't even overturn the DPI in last year's NFCCG based on how they're doing it this year.

Pretty interesting conversation now with my roommate. Want some opinions here. He is rooting for the texans. We've been debating who to root for. He thinks it is pretty likely that we will still get the 1 seed, and really really wants to avoid the chiefs being the 4 seed. If the texans win this, it would be pretty tough for the chiefs to catch them for the 3 seed.

What do you guys think? I do agree that Chiefs then Ravens would be a pretty tough road to Miami
Considering the last two years, all i want is a guaranteed bye, and a Texans loss makes that easier. If the Ravens win and we win tonight, we could lose 2 games in the last 6 and still be guaranteed a bye no matter what else happens, unless one of those 2 losses is against the Bills.

Two years ago, we had KC lose at home against the Titans, so we had the Titans with Mariota in the divisional, the Jags managed to upset the Steelers and instead of having an easier opponent, we got outplayed for 50 minutes in that game and barely made it through, then we lost to the Eagles with a backup QB when the Vikings at home looked like the more formidable opponent.

Last year we had to beat a 12-4 Chargers team, 12-4 Chiefs team away, and a 13-3 Rams team in the SB, and yet we won it all.

Not to mention Baltimore upsetting the Broncos, then winning at Gillette, the Jets loss, etc...

Win a bye, then you have 3 games to Glory one of which is certain to be at home, and they are all difficult no matter what. That's my opinion.

Im all for letting players make money from their likeness. Glad the NCAA is allowing that

Game Set Match.... Harbaugh w an absolutely brilliant game plan today... Jackson is the MVP

This is a shellacking thus far. I can’t stand the rats but they look legit right now.

League has to create competition for #1 seed I guess. I thought Houston really had a chance in this game. Texans familiar with a mobile QB (they practice with one). Ravens coming off a big game (potential trap game vs. Houston).

I’ve always maintain NFL referees do not call the game they negotiate the game.

Based on what's Fouts is saying, might as well cancel the rest of the season and award the trophy to the Ravens....

Ravens are peaking and getting all the breaks right now.

While it feels good in the moment in the macro sense playing this kind of ball right now isn't ideal imo.

I think Houston needs to change there offense next year

The irony is that they wouldn't even overturn the DPI in last year's NFCCG based on how they're doing it this year.
The NFL even tried to discredit the Pats' SuperBowl win by claiming that Gilmore's pass-breakup on Cooks near the end-zone would've been called DPI under the new rules.

Im all for letting players make money from their likeness. Glad the NCAA is allowing that

OMFG I DID IT AGAIN

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back