PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 11: Other Games Thread

Is this a Mike Florio parody account lol?

What is it with so many of you and your inability to actually analyze what happened, when it's this obvious? Garrett's ******** on the tackle started things. Rudolph responded. Garrett then went beyond the bounds of acceptability.

Yea, Garret's reaction was insanely over the top, one of the worst things I've seen in football that I can recall as far as intentionally attacking another player. What he did was more dangerous than Haynesworth stomping on some guys head IMO

He used a weapon to swing at Rudolph's head... Even if they wanted to settle it "like men" you would do that with fists, not swing a helmet around like a weapon. It was a ***** move and incredibly over the top

I think he should be suspended the rest of the year on the Commissioner Exempt list because they need to carefully consider what precedent they're setting with this type of crazy behavior. Brady got 4 games for the weather removing air from footballs, swinging a helmet at a QB's unprotected head is bordering on felony assault.

Garrett is justly suspended. Swinging a weapon at an opponent's head has no place in the NFL

Rudolph shoulda got a game. Even with what happened afterward, grabbing and pulling Garrett's helmet in the pile is something that should also be discouraged in the strongest possible terms.

Also the original tackle on Rudolph was a perfectly legal play I'd want to see Chase Winovich making in a similar situation. Mayfield got rid of the ball way too late and only as a direct response to Garrett's presence.

they were trying a screen pass to the RB, Garrett read it correctly and gambled that the RB would not make the block in pass prodtection because he was the intended receiver, and he made a great play to close with the quarterback and blow up the screen.

What happened afterwards absolutely sucks, NO excuse for using a weapon on another player's unprotected head, but this idea that the original play was in some way the reason Rudolph reacted the way he did is nonsense. He was taking his frustrations out on Garrett in the pile after Garrett actually made a really good heads up sack, and Garrett decided he wasn't going to stand for it.

Garrett is justly suspended. Swinging a weapon at an opponent's head has no place in the NFL

Rudolph shoulda got a game. Even with what happened afterward, grabbing and pulling Garrett's helmet in the pile is something that should also be discouraged in the strongest possible terms.

Also the original tackle on Rudolph was a perfectly legal play I'd want to see Chase Winovich making in a similar situation. Mayfield got rid of the ball way too late and only as a direct response to Garrett's presence.

they were trying a screen pass to the RB, Garrett read it correctly and gambled that the RB would not make the block in pass prodtection because he was the intended receiver, and he made a great play to close with the quarterback and blow up the screen.

What happened afterwards absolutely sucks, NO excuse for using a weapon on another player's unprotected head, but this idea that the original play was in some way the reason Rudolph reacted the way he did is nonsense. He was taking his frustrations out on Garrett in the pile after Garrett actually made a really good heads up sack, and Garrett decided he wasn't going to stand for it.
Garrett stayed on top of Rudolph too long..

Rudolph ended up ON TOP of Garrett when they went down. When Garrett tried to get up Rudolph was pulling on his helmet.

Which has happened a few times every single week in the history of the sport.

It literally happens almost every game w different players/positions taking their time or using an opponent to get up.

Both were acting like divas. Garrett exploded & hit Mason w a helmet after Mason tried ripping his off.

Stupid games, stupid prizes sums up that game to a T.

Pitt loses players. No QB or 1st Rd pick.

Browns win the game but lose the season, losing their best player.

Garrett will never live this down & have a target on his back for the rest of his career. Considering he's a HOF talent this will follow him forever.

I am shocked and disgusted by what he nation was forced to view thursday... somebody losing to Cleveland that badly.

Also, the helmet thing, sure.

I missed part of the thread so I apologize if this point was already made.

Garrett is being completely screwed. He accidentally removed Rudolph's helmet. Obviously he was trying to return it by putting it back on his head. Rudolph was clearly squirming around and he missed his completely innocent intention of putting his helmet back from where it came.

I can't believe they suspended him for his act of atruism.

Garrett pulled Rudolph down on top of him, what on earth are you watching?

Rudolph took out his frustrations for a bad game on a defenseless player, and then when that player was no longer defenseless, got surprised when he took exception.

This doesn't excuse what Garrett did, but what Garrett did didn't happen in a vacuum either.

"Garrett will never live this down & have a target on his back for the rest of his career. Considering he's a HOF talent this will follow him forever.'

Uh...guess you missed Charles Haley's career...:cool:

"Garrett will never live this down & have a target on his back for the rest of his career. Considering he's a HOF talent this will follow him forever.'

Uh...guess you missed Charles Haley's career...:cool:
No, quite familiar. He's a legit weirdo & probably would be registered if not for his status.

Different times though. Nowadays we only care abt nowadays. Garrett lost his **** in front of millions (maybe 16 people in reality) which was then shown via social media to tens/hundreds of millions.

Rings help a lot too.

Are we friends now? Next time @ me big guy.

I could mention Conrad Dobler but I wouldn't want to muddy the waters...cuz I'm a man

I could mention Conrad Dobler but I wouldn't want to muddy the waters...cuz I'm a man
My buddy just got a few stitches on his balls from two packages falling/squeezing between them (no bs joker)
Dobler had his hands on everyone's junk at one point during the game. I heard he carried that over (unsurprisingly) in fights off the field.

I’m starting my very own Rudolph Garrett podcast, where each week I have a new guest on to argue about it.

just dawned on me the one psycho I was forgetting from the past...Bill Romanowski. He was Myles Garrett EVERY game he played.

Has NE lost a draft pick as punishment yet?

just dawned on me the one psycho I was forgetting from the past...Bill Romanowski. He was Myles Garrett EVERY game he played.

That dude has to be legally insane.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back