PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least the opposing defense will have to think about him. I am starting to embrace the signing.
DW Toys

PFT reports that he's contemplating a return to BUF or a change in scenery to BAL.

Who were the Steelers main grabs? Green? I forget if and who they got on D. But we have been waiting for Green to break out for a bit now and it hasn't happened. Losing Bryant sets that signing back and any others they have made on O

I'm not completely up to date but I was thinking more along the lines of returning players. They were right behind the Pats last year, so they aren't a team we should be looking past.

@pigskinsnitches says we're "closing in on a deal" with Nate Washington. They were the first I saw with Weddle to Baltimore so there's a decent chance they're right.

@pigskinsnitches says we're "closing in on a deal" with Nate Washington. They were the first I saw with Weddle to Baltimore so there's a decent chance they're right.
Never heard of them before but they did call the Weddle deal first, so maybe.

BTW, they're also reporting Percy Harvin is signing with Baltimore too. What a f***ing train wreck that would be.

Never heard of them before but they did call the Weddle deal first, so maybe.
Yeah, I only started following them a week or so ago. But you know, information is a result oriented activity so with Weddle they're 1-0 so far on "early news".

I'm ambivalent on Washington, he's not a game changer that's for sure but he's consistently put up decent numbers and did it last year with a train wreck at QB. If I had to make the choice I'd probably prefer a draftee. Edelman, Amendola, Hogan, Martin, Draftee would work for me.

I also think we'll end up with chris long. He wants to play for a contender and brendan daly knows him well from st louis. This would give the team some insurance in case jones or sheard leave next year

Percy to Baltimore concerns me,
Why are we not in on him?

I also think we'll end up with chris long. He wants to play for a contender and brendan daly knows him well from st louis. This would give the team some insurance in case jones or sheard leave next year

Long is going to the Cowboys after us or even today. I smell a overpay coming from them. It's bound to happen

Long is going to the Cowboys after us or even today. I smell a overpay coming from them. It's bound to happen
Yep. Chris Long might even be a camp casualty if Rufus or Trey flash.

like both Rufus and Tre if we sign Long its more looking towards 2017 as opposed to this season.
With Nink and Jones free Agents we need a contingency plan.
That being said my thought is Dallas he has a starting position right away.
The only way he has a chance at one here is if we Move Jones.

Why is this Team not looking at a WR like Mike Wallace how many times last year did Brady heave the Football down the field to no avail? Seriously why not get a Player who can actually catch it if you throw it that far its not rocket science Patriot brass. If you are horrible at evaluation a certain position you spend the dollars in that area. The Patriots eavalution of WR's is no better than a 3 year old's pathetic. We don't need a 35 or 36 year old wash up WR who's useless on the outsides we have seen plenty of those.:rolleyes: Is Brady ever going to play with outside WR worth a dam...this Team has not improved and it's not a very strong 2016 draft.

Yep. Chris Long might even be a camp casualty if Rufus or Trey flash.

Giardi sp? Said the other day the end of least year was rough for long on the field..but still has some left in the tank..so if they don't get him i won't be upset. Not like a premier guy

Why is this Team not looking at a WR like Mike Wallace how many times last year did Brady heave the Football down the field to no avail? Seriously why not get a Player who can actually catch it if you throw it that far its not rocket science Patriot brass. If you are horrible at evaluation a certain position you spend the dollars in that area. The Patriots eavalution of WR's is no better than a 3 year old's pathetic. We don't need a 35 or 36 year old wash up WR who's useless on the outsides we have seen plenty of those.:rolleyes: Is Brady ever going to play with outside WR worth a dam...this Team has not improved and it's not a very strong 2016 draft.

Mike Wallace? You know how complicated this O is to pick up. And Wallace loves to just run in a straight line..he would be a awful fit here IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes