PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Draft Rumor: Pats involved in a trade for Jordan Love. (MOD EDIT:Likely Not Accurate)

If they liked him why didn't they draft him last year instead of trading back?
I actually forgot he was there when we were picking. But if the media reports were correct they thought they had their QB in Stidham and that they didn't sour on him until camp. So that would explain why.

There are tweets saying that the original source for the picture is somebody who has done fake leaks like this before. Supposedly his claim this time is that his uncle is a janitor at Lambeau. The picture is extremely suspicious beyond that, though. It's just way too convenient that the Packers header is sticking out the top while the trade details are sticking out the bottom. And forget the paper notes, the real concern here would be that the computer is unlocked and unsupervised. That's a massive violation of every technology policy I've ever seen.
i lol'd at this line. ok u win im 100/0 now

I actually forgot he was there when we were picking. But if the media reports were correct they thought they had their QB in Stidham and that they didn't sour on him until camp. So that would explain why.
True.

Embarrassing that this is even a thread. If Pats wanted Jordan Love they could have easily taken him last year.

• Winner
Reactions: sb1
Was the last thread removed? I can't find it now. Perhaps we should leave one up for a while so people don't keep thinking they're breaking a scoop.

• Agree
Reactions: jah
My understanding is that clubs have multiple options like this prepared beforehand, so that if they do decide to make a trade on draft day, they don't run out of time going over compensation. They are options, however, not actual trades set in stone. Now, is this one legit? No idea. I lean toward saying no, because it seems a little too tailor-made for a click-bait headline, but even if it's real, it doesn't mean it's happening.

I did remove the other thread because I don't hold a lot of credence to this given the appearance of that supposed photo and don't want to help support this rumor. If I'm wrong, I'm OK with that but it looks a little too questionable to be believable.

So I'll lock this one in hopes someone else sees it and it doesn't get posted again.

Was the last thread removed? I can't find it now. Perhaps we should leave one up for a while so people don't keep thinking they're breaking a scoop.
Yeah I looked to see if anyone broke this "news" but didn't find it. Apologies for starting a new thread on a topic already being discussed, and thanks to the mods for the merge.

I did remove the other thread because I don't hold a lot of credence to this given the appearance of that supposed photo and don't want to help support this rumor. If I'm wrong, I'm OK with that but it looks a little too questionable to be believable.

So I'll lock this one in hopes someone else sees it and it doesn't get posted again.
I don't exactly give this much credence either, but I don't see why we can't discuss it. This is the time of year where rumors and BS is all we have....

I love this stuff!! Now I don't think it is worth the paper it is written on, but it is still fun to discuss. :p Since it says "options" it makes me wonder if the Patriots have made such an offer. Quite honestly, I don't think GB would accept it.

Basically Pats and Pack swap first rounders (we get 29, they get 15) and we get Jordan Love. A 4th rounder is thrown in as a sweetener.

While I do believe that 90% this photo is a fake it does bring up an interesting conversation.

If this trade offer was real, should either team do it?

For the Packers, I would say yes if I believe that Rodgers will be going strong for at least another 3 years and that gives me a shot at taking one of the top 3 receivers in the draft this year or another position of need.

For the Patriots, I'd only say yes if I don't move up for a QB in the top 10. Let's say there is a huge run and all of the top 5 QBs are gone by the time pick 14 rolls around, then yes moving back to regain more value and at least a camp arm competition makes sense. I'm not convinced that Love is all that great of a QB prospect.

In other news. I'm hearing from the Browns camp that they believe a 3rd rounder this year plus a future 3rd rounder will be enough to acquire Stephon Gilmore from the Patriots.

Source:

The price to obtain Gilmore seems very cheap. I don't feel like the Patriots should pull the trigger if that offer were made. I'd ask for a significantly higher return if they really want Gilmore.

That would be dumber than taking Jordan Richards in the 2nd round.
Or Tavon Wilson or Ras-I Dowling, or Cyrus Jones, or Terrance Wheatley, or well you get the point......

I don't exactly give this much credence either, but I don't see why we can't discuss it. This is the time of year where rumors and BS is all we have....
That's why I decided to merge it and left it up. At least this way, people can see that it's being discussed but it likely isn't real.

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers ..just saw something on the tweet machine and shared. Figured with all the talking heads saying "they aren't done at qb ..more is coming" that this would be at least a talking point regardless of if it's true or not.

For whatever it's worth the Patriots were linked to love last year and it was reported many teams were looking at the Patriots as a legitimate suitor for love

Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers ..just saw something on the tweet machine and shared. Figured with all the talking heads saying "they aren't done at qb ..more is coming" that this would be at least a talking point regardless of if it's true or not.

For whatever it's worth the Patriots were linked to love last year and it was reported many teams were looking at the Patriots as a legitimate suitor for love
You're good - and I didn't mean to shoot the messenger. It's just a tough balance sometimes between trying to also make sure we don't spread misinformation, which is generally what a lot of these types of people on Twitter are often trying to do.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back