PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Appeal oral arguments thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Brady haters will never get tired of hating; its all they have to hang their hats on since pretty much every statistic says Brady is the GOAT... and they just can't fathom a world where Brady is the best ever.

NFL's argument: "Article 46 means that we can do whatever we want to whomever we want whenever we want and Belichick is a doody-head, so QED."

I believe Daniel Wallach already said he will NOT be able to live tweet. But he should have some good stuff after.

Also, he's a good Twitter follow if you're into daily fantasy sports.

They usually don't let even the attorneys bring cell phones and transmitting devices into the courtroom without special permission from a judge.

Goodell insists it's not about Brady and yet their briefs turned "general awareness" into a tale about about Brady as the mastermind cheater twirling his curly mustache and cackling an evil laugh while cheating. :confused:

Still boggles my mind that the NFL can find $12m+ to litigate this garbage but can't scrape up $50-100 bucks for a few extra endzone cameras.:mad:
They should take some advice from Kraft and stop letting their selfishness take precedent over the good of the league.

Not this crap again...

I'm done with the NYJFL when Brady retires no matter the outcome. If he loses and they suspend him 4 games it will be even better when he wins, just as it was in 2014 when it all started.

• Agree
Reactions: JJC
Is there any chance Brady hired Jackie Chiles to his legal staff for the appeal hearings?

Just don't get hopes up for greatness on this. Statistically speaking, it's much more likely to be boring as hell.
Agreed. And, it would also probably be a mistake to try to read too much into the questions that the Judges ask. While their names were just announced, they have all had the Briefs for review for some time. A Judge is just as likely to ask questions trying to poke holes in the way he is leaning as he is to ask questions that indicate how he is leaning. In other words, both "boring" and not necessarily informative.

if this somehow gets overturned it would destroy the offseason.
It could be as long as six months before they issue their ruling, so that would destroy a lot more than the offseason.

Totally agree. This will be all about whether Goodell has precedence to whatever he wants as he's the basically the CEO of a private company. Any mention of Brady will be inconsequential.
Not completely "inconsequential," as the NFLPA's argument will hinge to a great degree on whether Brady received adequate Notice of the kind of Penalty to which his alleged actions might have subjected him as well as on whether Brady's rights were violated when he was denied access to questioning Pash under oath.

NFL Appeal oral arguments time ... also known as watching paint dry day.

I am not worried ......

I think Mahoney's article in the Boston Herald yesterday put manyPatriot fans on edge but imo he was acting like he knew something about labor law and this case that eluded Kessler, Berman, and Brady's appellate lawyer Steffen Johnson, and I don't buy that. I think Brady had excellent representation and the likelihood of him losing is still in the 10% area.

No perp walk photos of TB12 entering the House of Gotti?
I really want to see TB12's ski tan and what kind of hairdo his lawyer sports this time…..balloon electricity fro?

Last edited:
I think Mahoney's article in the Boston Herald yesterday put manyPatriot fans on edge but imo he was acting like he knew something about labor law and this case that eluded Kessler, Berman, and Brady's appellate lawyer Steffen Johnson, and I don't buy that. I think Brady had excellent representation and the likelihood of him losing is still in the 10% area.
He's a personal injury lawyer, take what he says with a grain of salt.

He's a personal injury lawyer, take what he says with a grain of salt.

Interesting, he was acting like he was the ultimate authority on labor law.

Interesting, he was acting like he was the ultimate authority on labor law.

Of course he was. This is (and has been for quite some time) common operating procedure for the majority of the talking (air) heads of the media. :D

Has Lester Munson announced that the NFL attorneys put on the greatest argument he has ever seen in his life, and Tom Brady has no chance of winning yet?

Has Lester Munson announced that the NFL attorneys put on the greatest argument he has ever seen in his life, and Tom Brady has no chance of winning yet?
I'm eagerly anticipating what Munson has to say about this case. His track record is impeccable and his opinion is the only one I need to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes